daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I rant a bit about my Dealer selection, I want to take a minute to ask everyone, My Friends, and even the Friends That I don't Know (YET), to check-in if you are living in SoCal or buying in SoCal. Please tell everyone 1) who you are, 2) which dealer you selected; 3) one or more reasons that you selected your dealer; and 4) if you received a written commitment, from a Manager, to protect your best interest in this huge investment. You are welcome to tell this forum nice things about a dealer... any dealer... or even more than one dealer...........and you are welcome to tell this forum which dealer(s) you didn't get a good "vibe" from. Please don't degrade other dealers to any level below the perception of vibe/uneasy conversation or to their non-commitment of a pricing plan, from the dealer.

I know my discussion about my Dealer selection is likely to be too long of a read, for many members, but I offer that: if it tires you or if it bores you to make good selections in your life, you are free to stop reading! There are plenty of other postings out here and in other Bronco forums, about Colors and Trailer Hitches!!!

I thought it would be easy to just start a thread, that I might tell others about my great experience in CHANGING DEALERS. I found that there are numerous threads, on bronco6g, regarding “looking for a good dealer” and several other related conversations. After reading everything I could find, I began making calls to dealers, in an attempt to resolve the typical answers: are you charging over MSRP; will you be adding ADM's to your out-the-door pricing; Will you be accepting X Plan on the NEW Bronco (I've heard that dealers were given an opportunity to accept or to deny X Plan, for the NEW Bronco at their store. Some will not offer it, because the X Plan cost is shared by the dealership and Ford). Before you decide that X Plan is NO BIG DEAL, than just think about the real money! In the case of a Base model, it's worth about $400 to the buyer, but as you go up the chain, the X Plan is worth about $1900 on a Wildtrak (with all the other models falling somewhere in-between. Additionally, the X Plan allows further discounts on selected options. Hey, you can get Ford service, nationwide, so don't just commit to the closest dealer to your home. Anyhow, here's what I started to hear from my numerous random calls to other dealers, near my home:

“we're working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;” “my manager thinks the X Plan will be available;” “there is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they haven’t told us yet” (it’s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting “we haven’t decided yet, but my manager says that there’s a good possibility that…“ You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealership… or you’ve got NOTHING!

Anyhow, I’m happy to have made my decision to move my reservation to Eric Bunch, at Kearny Mesa Ford! I’ve also gotta tell you that I don’t work for Ford and I’m not an employee at any level, at Kearney Mesa… I’m just feeling proud to have FINALLY found what I believe is a quality human, in this world of car sales. Eric comes across as extremely knowledgeable in the Bronco product line, honest, and not afraid to commit in writing to anything that he tells you. If you haven't made up your mind, yet, then I only ask you to talk to him, to get a sense of his dedication to the new Bronco.

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TL;DR - Talk smack about every dealer in SoCal except Kearny Mesa

But in all seriousness, I’m Nick. I’m located in Costa Mesa, CA. I originally selected Theodore Robins in Costa Mesa due to convenience, but I received no correspondence from them over the course of a month (even after I reached out politely to establish a relationship). I moved my reservation to Kearny Mesa a month ago thanks to Eric Bunch. It’s a longer drive for me to San Diego, but based on Eric’s responsiveness, enthusiasm, and honesty, it was an easy choice to make.

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way, anyone looking to change dealers... regardless of the dealer that you select... should keep this easy to use information bundle.

Just call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English (or Option 2 Spanish); then take Opt 3, for Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TL;DR - Talk smack about every dealer in SoCal except Kearny Mesa

But in all seriousness, I’m Nick. I’m located in Costa Mesa, CA. I originally selected Theodore Robins in Costa Mesa due to convenience, but I received no correspondence from them over the course of a month (even after I reached out politely to establish a relationship). I moved my reservation to Kearny Mesa a month ago thanks to Eric Bunch. It’s a longer drive for me to San Diego, but based on Eric’s responsiveness, enthusiasm, and honesty, it was an easy choice to make.
hahaha, I do like Eric, but anyone can talk up or smack down, anyone that they want.

BTW, thank you!

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just like a few others I've switched my dealership from Galpin Ford (which is 5 minutes from me) to Kearny Mesa Ford in SD because @EricAtKearnyMesaFord was/continues to be transparent and provides any info that's relevant to us future owners! I will gladly make the trip for a business that's honest and going to keep its consumers informed??

Look forward to hopefully taking delivery with a few other owners at Kearny Mesa on the same day! I'll be sure to post here when the time comes so we can meetup if y'all are down???

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like a few others I've switched my dealership from Galpin Ford (which is 5 minutes from me) to Kearny Mesa Ford in SD because @EricAtKearnyMesaFord was/continues to be transparent and provides any info that's relevant to us future owners! I will gladly make the trip for a business that's honest and going to keep its consumers informed??

Look forward to hopefully taking delivery with a few other owners at Kearny Mesa on the same day! I'll be sure to post here when the time comes so we can meetup if y'all are down???
Oh yeah! I'm hoping to meet several forum friends. I hope the timing will work out for some of us.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one born in Southern California calls it SoCal. I didn’t even know what SoCal meant til I was in my 20s
I'm... I was borne there and only called it SoCal once I left to explain where I was from. In SoCal, we just referred to the different cities.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Los Angeles here, will be switching in the next week or two to Kearny if nothing else comes up.

Definitely would recommend! The good thing it's super easy to do just like @acetdeucy mentioned?

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Grew up in the Boston and moved here years ago. I lived in a number of cities around LA, just easier to say SoCal rather than throwing out a dozen random names nobody knows...

*No reservation, yet.

Last edited:

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Grew up in the Boston and moved here years ago. I lived in a number of cities around LA, just easier to say SoCal rather than throwing out a dozen random names nobody knows...

*No reservation, yet.
Welcome! Aside from fires and sometimes abnormal heat, LA can be fun and enjoyable?

Which trim are you leaning towards when you make your reservation???

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome! Aside from fires and sometimes abnormal heat, LA can be fun and enjoyable?

Which trim are you leaning towards when you make your reservation???
Badlands... if only I could decide on the color.
Sponsored