Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I miss the old days when a rubber floor was a cut-rate feature. :(

My dog sheds like a chip throwing wood planer, my current solution in my Renegade is keeping him in the cargo area in a mesh-type dog crate. Kinda sad he lives back there, but I can't have him up in my cloth seat and carpet area. He's a mess. Unfortunately, the bronco 2d rear cargo space is just a little too small for him to live in a carrier back there. and I doubt that he'll take kindly to living in the roof basket.

So it's BD minimum for me, and the BD-squatch is right at/over my maximum price. I really don't like the idea of skipping out on the factory offroad equipment available in the Badlands/Sasquatch package. Too much to upgrade later.

The badlands is just a hair less than the BD squatch with all the off-road equipment I want; and I'm really not a fan of the 35s and widened flares anyways. Looks like a tank; prolly drives like one too. But I don't have a long history of driving a MT, so I'm still leaning towards the BD as Badlands with AT is more expensive than the BD Squatch.

If the base had even old-school cheapo rubber floors, I'd be all over it.
Even if I had to go the Katzkins route for vinyl seats.

It feels like the progression should be:
Base-BD-BL for the offroading route.
And BB-OBX-WT for the mall crawler route.

It only makes sense, that base should have washout as an option at least. But no-bones. Sorry for the downer thread, just wishing I could get washout and sasquatch for under $40k. Oh well! I'm still excited, just looking at a 72mo a little more closely.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I miss the old days when a rubber floor was a cut-rate feature. :(

My dog sheds like a chip throwing wood planer, my current solution in my Renegade is keeping him in the cargo area in a mesh-type dog crate. Kinda sad he lives back there, but I can't have him up in my cloth seat and carpet area. He's a mess. Unfortunately, the bronco 2d rear cargo space is just a little too small for him to live in a carrier back there. and I doubt that he'll take kindly to living in the roof basket.

So it's BD minimum for me, and the BD-squatch is right at/over my maximum price. I really don't like the idea of skipping out on the factory offroad equipment available in the Badlands/Sasquatch package. Too much to upgrade later.

The badlands is just a hair less than the BD squatch with all the off-road equipment I want; and I'm really not a fan of the 35s and widened flares anyways. Looks like a tank; prolly drives like one too. But I don't have a long history of driving a MT, so I'm still leaning towards the BD as Badlands with AT is more expensive than the BD Squatch.

If the base had even old-school cheapo rubber floors, I'd be all over it.
Even if I had to go the Katzkins route for vinyl seats.

It feels like the progression should be:
Base-BD-BL for the offroading route.
And BB-OBX-WT for the mall crawler route.

It only makes sense, that base should have washout as an option at least. But no-bones. Sorry for the downer thread, just wishing I could get washout and sasquatch for under $40k. Oh well! I'm still excited, just looking at a 72mo a little more closely.
My two cents. Never finance a car beyond 5 years. Even 60 months is a long time to pay off a vehicle. Get a BD (non Squatch) if you can swing it with 60 payments. You will thoroughly enjoy it. Too many folks over extending themselves on this forum for things they don't need.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, that's ordinarily my position as well. Silly Ford has got me considering alternatives!

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking SAS hype has got me more than logic.

The 2d-BD looks pretty good, and is likely a very capable off road machine for even a fun day of wheeling for me. Maybe that's my best bet!

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2dr BD Sasquatch is my choice ... Down to a color now .. CG or CatG .. get what you like and fits the budget ... Ford really tried to adress that with the 6 available trims and BaseSquatch ..

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My two cents. Never finance a car beyond 5 years. Even 60 months is a long time to pay off a vehicle. Get a BD (non Squatch) if you can swing it with 60 payments. You will thoroughly enjoy it. Too many folks over extending themselves on this forum for things they don't need.
Funny how things change.

When I was young, the grownups around me were always insisting you should never finance a new car for over 36 months. And leasing was considered a horrible waste of money and never done unless it was a business expense or a fleet vehicle.

Plus, 60 months is still just an arbitrary number.

If you trade in or sell your vehicles every several years, you should lease or stick to 24, 36, or maybe 48 tops. The value of that car you are reselling needs to stay above what you owe on it.

If you keep all your vehicles for 15 or 20 years, the 72 or even 84 month loans aren't that big a deal. It's still cheaper longterm than leasing and you will eventually own the vehicle.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
True- and I am tempted to this mentality. Hoping this is a long term vehicle for me. 10-15 years or wheels falling off and such! But, in the near term, GAP coverage is a must! As much as GAP coverage often stinks, can you imagine being underwater by 4-8k on a bronco that was totaled by another driver on the road?
Sponsored