Sponsored

Stock black diamond w/aftermarket wheels/tires, BD Sasquatch, or BadSquatch?

robbyreneeward

Badlands
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge truck. Bronco on order.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Decisions, decisions. I’m thinking 4 door badlands w/Samsquanch package will be pushing 50k before TTL. Stock BD 4 door is $38.5k Wheels and tires (probably 35s, 37s May be out of question) probably $3k aftermarket give or take. I have no clue what to do lol. Thoughts? I want marine grade vinyl interior for the puppers, so those are the only 2 trims I’m looking at. I like the signature headlights on the badlands, but for the difference in price I’m not so sure.
Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands for sure. You get the better suspension + the ability to get the High or Lux package while retaining the ability to have rubber floors and marine grade vinyl seats. If you don’t want the 12” screen, then Black Diamond + Sasquatch. At least that’s how I see it boiling down. For me, this is going to be 95% a street rig so I want the creature comforts for daily driving. All of the Bronco’s from base to FE will do fantastic off-road.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the deal with 35's or 37's?? Just gotta have them? Looks or going deep offroad?

I was set on a squatch whatever (BD, BL, base) also, but the Badlands straight up is a BadMoFo, and that got me thinking.

Black Diamond is definitely an off road value.
Seeing the video of the Badlands on 33's , I think I can be happy there...and it becomes very cost effective at that point. Some disagree, but I feel pretty certain the a Black Diamond can handle 33's without a lift and the gearing is set up perfectly for them already.

Really, all of this is guess work until we can see prices and how certain option choices will exclude others, and so forth.

OP
OP
robbyreneeward

robbyreneeward

Badlands
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wanting for looks. I do not do any type of off-roading. But maybe I will once it gets here!!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d only be dead set on 35s or larger if I was constantly hardcore off roading and needed them.
if it’s mainly the marine grade interior go with the black diamond.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw, Which motor?

Upon further review..... the leap from stock Badlands to Badsquatch is highly thought to be just rims and tires....soo, it may be far cheaper to Squatch a Badlands than the other trims.
You might have that going for you, But if you're hard for the 37's, you're still looking at a 2" lift PLUS the tires and whatever else.
Gearing starts to become an issue then also, that's BIG $$$ if you have to do it later.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Btw, Which motor?

Upon further review..... the leap from stock Badlands to Badsquatch is highly thought to be just rims and tires....soo, it may be far cheaper to Squatch a Badlands than the other trims.
You might have that going for you, But if you're hard for the 37's, you're still looking at a 2" lift PLUS the tires and whatever else.
Gearing starts to become an issue then also, that's BIG $$$ if you have to do it later.
Gearing will be fine for 37’s on the BD or a BL. I have a raptor with 4.10’s and 37’s and while it could use a little on the low end, it’s still just fine. With 4.46 they’ll turn just fine and with 4.70’s you’ll be pretty close to the sweet spot.

A5F0955A-71FB-4079-AE3B-83EB8936FA9E.jpeg

OP
OP
robbyreneeward

robbyreneeward

Badlands
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sticking with 35s then. Don’t want to deal with gearing, etc. Which actual tires are included in Sasquatch? Which model BFG?

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe the Sasquatch tires are 35" Goodyears. Never been a fan of Goodyears. I might try to switch them out with a set of 35" KO2s. I am having the same debate right now too. I actually kinda like the look of the old school lights on the Black Diamond. But after seeing the Badlands on 33s has got me wondering. Plus I could stay stock 33s and keep the manual. Like everyone else just waiting on the build and price. Of course I will build it every which way I can a million times before the order and then probably second guess myself after the order. LOL

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Decisions, decisions. I’m thinking 4 door badlands w/Samsquanch package will be pushing 50k before TTL. Stock BD 4 door is $38.5k Wheels and tires (probably 35s, 37s May be out of question) probably $3k aftermarket give or take. I have no clue what to do lol. Thoughts? I want marine grade vinyl interior for the puppers, so those are the only 2 trims I’m looking at. I like the signature headlights on the badlands, but for the difference in price I’m not so sure.
Can’t get on board with the grey top that BD comes with. No option for black top.

Sponsored

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
with the pricing out, the bd seems to take a hit in terms of buying up to squanch, which most really weren't going to do. it's almost redundant to do so

now the base + squanch seems like a better deal than the bd.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had the same dilemma...I like every feature on the BD and reserved a BD...but wanted bigger tires. Made a spreadsheet on Base vs BD (to Sas or not...to 2.7 or not)with prices of options people received from the survey....bottom row include delivery and sales tax (6.5% where I'm at)...The price on after market tires are from my tire guy for (Nitto Trail Grapplers...5 including install)still sticking to BD for the "bang for the buck"

IMG_1993.jpeg

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same dilemma...I like every feature on the BD and reserved a BD...but wanted bigger tires. Made a spreadsheet on Base vs BD (to Sas or not...to 2.7 or not)with prices of options people received from the survey....bottom row include delivery and sales tax (6.5% where I'm at)...The price on after market tires are from my tire guy for (Nitto Trail Grapplers...5 including install)still sticking to BD for the "bang for the buck"

Ford Bronco Stock black diamond w/aftermarket wheels/tires, BD Sasquatch, or BadSquatch? IMG_1993
I think your numbers are off on the base because auto is standard on the 4dr. So the price of the 2.7 upgrade should be $1,900 not $3,500.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gearing will be fine for 37’s on the BD or a BL. I have a raptor with 4.10’s and 37’s and while it could use a little on the low end, it’s still just fine. With 4.46 they’ll turn just fine and with 4.70’s you’ll be pretty close to the sweet spot.

A5F0955A-71FB-4079-AE3B-83EB8936FA9E.jpeg

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people who continue to follow this stuff. First, it doesn't matter what gears are in your truck. That has nothing to do with the Bronco. Second, this chart is for a 1:1 final drive. It was really relevant in the 80s when overdrives where rare and every 4WD had a V8. Maybe use one of the good gear ratio calculators like http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html to see what RPM your vehicle will actually be at and compare the RPM range your motor needs to be in.

Bottom line, it's your vehicle, put on it what you want. Just don't be surprised when you complain about the motor being a dog and the transmission constantly searching for gears.

Last edited:

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's going to be a lot of disappointed people who continue to follow this stuff. First, it doesn't matter what gears are in your truck. That has nothing to do with the Bronco. Second, this chart is for a 1:1 final drive. It was really relevant in the 80s when overdrives where rare and every 4WD had a V8. Maybe use one of the good gear ratio calculators like http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html to see what RPM your vehicle will actually be at and compare the RPM range your motor needs to be in.

Bottom line, it's your vehicle, put on it what you want. Just don't be surprised when you complain about the motor being a dog and the transmission constantly searching for gears.
Because all of the raptor guys with heavier trucks and 10 speed transmissions with a 4.10’s are having so many issues with their trucks on 37’s and 40’s. Some have hunting issues, but when they get a tune those issues go away. I’m going to be surprised going from a large, heavy, and slow 6.2L V8 to forced induction with more usable torque in the lower RPM range. 4.46 is going to be more than fine.

Also, gears are cheap. If 4.46 isn’t enough I’ll throw on 5.13’s and be done. Or upgrade the turbos to add more power.
Sponsored

Last edited: