First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I initially reserved a Black Diamond. I changed to a Base Sas to get the 35" tires, Bilstein shocks, gearing, etc. I don't get the marine vinyl although it's so hot down here is South Florida I'll be happier with cloth.

It was between Base and Black Diamond all along for me- I like the front ends better than any other models. It resembles the original more.
Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I initially reserved a Black Diamond. I changed to a Base Sas to get the 35" tires, Bilstein shocks, gearing, etc. I don't get the marine vinyl although it's so hot down here is South Florida I'll be happier with cloth.

It was between Base and Black Diamond all along for me- I like the front ends better than any other models. It resembles the original more.
Iā€™m in central FL too, Base Sasquatch 4 door order. The humidity and vinyl gets way sticky, Iā€™d much rather get cloth interior. Iā€™ve also always had a thing for basic, purposeful vehicles. And for $40k itā€™s a bargain.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am handing problems deciding on the two. I would like to have the mud and ruts mode but does a few extra modes justify the bigger price tag and no Sas? Help please!
If you have the Base SAS you can replicate mud mode by locking front and rear diffs in 4H.

The rest is a personal decision. Do you off-road or use your rig to camp, fish, hunt and you're going to mess up the inside, where washout interior is valuable? Do you think you'll keep the inside clean and prefer cloth seats and carpet? Do you think you'll encounter rocks, logs, or other obstacles and would benefit from protection underneath? Or do you want light and simple without the extra weight? Can't answer these for you šŸ˜€

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It
I am handing problems deciding on the two. I would like to have the mud and ruts mode but does a few extra modes justify the bigger price tag and no Sas? Help please!
The extra GOAT modes don't mean anything if you have lockers front and rear. You can add floor and cargo liners, you can easily add bumpers (if you need them), you can easily add the rock rails, etc to the base SAS. You cannot easily (or cheaply) add the bigger front diff and axle, the rear lockers, the 4.7 diff gears, the position sensitive shocks, and it will cost to add beadlock wheels and 35" tires to the BL. So, what do you want? If there is anything about wanting a more capable off road vehicle, then there's no question whatsoever, get the SAS pkg.

BTW, tons of people who buy a Jeep initially say they aren't going to off road much, or very hard, or do much modifications. Yeah, right. After they get it, meet people, do some wheeling, they are all in and wish they'd done things differently from the beginning. If you're even thinking about it, get the SAS. JMHO

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm so glad we cleared this up. I've really appreciated being able to to see both of my brains in print. Ask me when I'm off road, Basesquatch. Ask me when I get home, and am cleaning up the dust, blood, and mud, Iā€™m all in on Black Diamond.
Sponsored

Last edited: