Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the ford builder Badlands still comes with 4A without SAS. Only Badlands and Raptor I believe does it still come standard.
OBX definitely requires SAS
I guess you were right, I swear I saw this before, I think their wrong pic through me off, it's missing the "4A" spot. Also, it's weird because they have both selections available, part-time and full-time.

I amend my earlier opinion, I would simply get the Badlands non-SAS, of course with a 7 speed to make sure you get that nice 4.7 ratio.

Screenshot (128).png
Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this topic has been brought up before but I'm curious if opinions have changed at all since the advanced 4x4 basically isn't available on the majority of 2024 trims unless you get SAS.

I ordered an OBX last week and since I really have no intentions of any offroad except maybe some light dirt trails the only "off road" option i added was the rear diff locker. Since then I've continued to research and read, realizing there's no advanced 4x4 option unless you add SAS or jump up to Badlands.

I live in Southern New England and curious how big of a deal 4A is in snowy weather.
For Context my ordered OBX spec would be 1k more with SAS then Badlands without.
I have a 2dr non-sasquatch. The 4A is great for snowy, wintery conditions.

OP
OP

HItman84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2dr non-sasquatch. The 4A is great for snowy, wintery conditions.
Every time I seem to convince myself I don't need to pay the 4k for it i see a post like this haha.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time I seem to convince myself I don't need to pay the 4k for it i see a post like this haha.
My original order was a Black Diamond = washout interior, rear locker, black steelies, aux switches. Then, while my order was pushed from '21 to '22, I attended Off-Rodeo. While there I drove a Wildtrack. That experience convinced me to 'get the tech'. But, instead of getting bigger tires, carpeted interior, & no Stabilizer Bar Disconnect... I opted for the Badlands = both lockers, Stabilizer Bar Disconnect, 4A (stronger transfer case), 33" AT tires all for about $5K less than the Wildtrack which comes Automatically with Sas. Now, if I choose, i can change wheels and tires to exactly what I want, put a lift if desired, and add 'Sport' mode if I feel cheated (Badlands has normal, Eco, mud & ruts, Baja, rock crawling, 1 more?...). For the capability, tech, ruggedness, & price - I believe - for me, it's the best option for my future plans.

OP
OP

HItman84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My original order was a Black Diamond = washout interior, rear locker, black steelies, aux switches. Then, while my order was pushed from '21 to '22, I attended Off-Rodeo. While there I drove a Wildtrack. That experience convinced me to 'get the tech'. But, instead of getting bigger tires, carpeted interior, & no Stabilizer Bar Disconnect... I opted for the Badlands = both lockers, Stabilizer Bar Disconnect, 4A (stronger transfer case), 33" AT tires all for about $5K less than the Wildtrack which comes Automatically with Sas. Now, if I choose, i can change wheels and tires to exactly what I want, put a lift if desired, and add 'Sport' mode if I feel cheated (Badlands has normal, Eco, mud & ruts, Baja, rock crawling, 1 more?...). For the capability, tech, ruggedness, & price - I believe - for me, it's the best option for my future plans.
My OBX order is 2.7v6, mic hard top, 4.2 gear with rear dif locker, aux switches, modular bumper and lux. Comes to 58k or so.
If I jump to Badlands, it's 2.7v6, now paying for auto, lux, mic hard top. Everything else is standard. Comes to just over 63k

Two things really effect this price hike, OBX didn't raise in price for my24 and Auto is standard on OBX.

I'm effectively paying 4800 i think for what amounts to the 4A(for my use case), bigger tires, and the different interior with orange accents and mgv because as much as I'd prefer the leather and power seats it's not worth another 2k and not a dealer breaker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

smiley75

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My OBX order is 2.7v6, mic hard top, 4.2 gear with rear dif locker, aux switches, modular bumper and lux. Comes to 58k or so.
If I jump to Badlands, it's 2.7v6, now paying for auto, lux, mic hard top. Everything else is standard. Comes to just over 63k

Two things really effect this price hike, A OBX didn't raise in price for my24 and Auto is standard on OBX.

I'm effectively paying 4800 i think for what amounts to the 4A(for my use case), bigger tires, and the different interior with orange accents and mgv because as much as I'd prefer the leather and power seats it's not worth another 2k and not a dealer breaker.
youre definitely not quite correct. A badland non sasquatch has all of the hoss 3.0 suspension uca, steering rack and Bilstein shocks plus full bash plates rear steel bumper and sway bar disconnect. I mean for 5 grand extra that is a lot. You cant compare the capabilities of a obx non sasquatch to a badlands…

OP
OP

HItman84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Two things really effect this price hike, A OBX didn't raise in price for my24 and Auto is standard on OBX
youre definitely not quite correct. A badland non sasquatch has all of the hoss 3.0 suspension uca, steering rack and Bilstein shocks plus full bash plates rear steel bumper and sway bar disconnect. I mean for 5 grand extra that is a lot. You cant compare the capabilities of a obx non sasquatch to a badlands…
Oh for sure. I'm talking in my specific use case where the most off roading it will see is light dirt trails, parks and maybe a beach or two. And the only reason I'm considering It is the 4A for unpredictable new England winters.

Last edited:

ozark_stang

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy & Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak Lux and 2017 Mustang GT Prem
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know this topic has been brought up before but I'm curious if opinions have changed at all since the advanced 4x4 basically isn't available on the majority of 2024 trims unless you get SAS.

I ordered an OBX last week and since I really have no intentions of any offroad except maybe some light dirt trails the only "off road" option i added was the rear diff locker. Since then I've continued to research and read, realizing there's no advanced 4x4 option unless you add SAS or jump up to Badlands.

I live in Southern New England and curious how big of a deal 4A is in snowy weather.
For Context my ordered OBX spec would be 1k more with SAS then Badlands without.
There is alot to be considered. Me personally I always had a white 4 door hard top WT with lux package and side graphics being my ideal. Now its still my wifes ideal but not mine personally.
I had an October 2021 order for one that I modified out to a soft top high package non sas BL to get one built. Immediately put in a fresh order for my original WT order that I am still waiting on after I did the modification.
After being in this Bronco for a few months and 3k miles I honestly would not change 1 aspect about it other than light stereo upgrades.

The Optional Badlands wheel is a 17 x 8” wheel, with 6 x 5.5” (or 6 x 139mm) with a 55mm offset and 6.66” of backspacing. The Badlands non sasquatch package has a bit more travel, whereas the squatch coilovers add 0.43" height, and the squatch coilover is limited with a bigger bump stop delivering a much smoother overall daily driving experience. Sas has a 7/16” lift over the Badlands. The ground clearance is measured at the rear differential, so clearance is gained by the difference in tire radius. So a sasquatch package will have a 1” higher ground clearance ish and is 1-7/16” higher at the wheel arch.
Little known fact, the non sasquatch Broncos running the 4.46 rear axle on 33" tires has the same mechanical advantage as a Sasquatch package Bronco running 35" tires on the 4.70 Sasquatch rear axle. These wheels and tires are perfect and I would have no need for 35"s. Honestly I would probably always run the tires the K02s that came on it.

The 2.7 so far has been strong and the tranny and powertrain have broken in nicely. Shift points are spot on. I have changed my mind about a possible calibration, and upgraded whipple intercooler and filter. The wash out floors make all the sense in the world and have saved the day caught out in the rain, we have totally fell in love with the soft top, the MV seats don't absorb anything, not even in the stitching. We ran this in fully safari mode for almost 2 months straight this summer down here in the Ozarks. It has turned some heads.. This thing is so on point all the way around I think getting adaptive cruise back is going to be the main deciding factor on swapping this thing for the WT when it gets here. Its a shame they wouldn't let us get it in this or I don't think we would have ever let ol Bob Moss the Bronco go. But the Bronco platform in the family fleet is the wifes preffered daily and a happy wife is a happy life so here we sit, still waiting on our Wildtrak but smiling ear to ear every mile we put on this thing while we wait.

Side note, Ford was VERY gracious for the wait on our mod offer BL. We recieved our model year transition offer and modification offer both in the mail just a little over a week after we bought the BL. I like how the suspension is for daily driving and hopping off the beaten path capable of most anything I would need it to do down here in the Ozarks. I know there will be alot missed leaving this Bronco for the WT but the WT will be a whole different animal entirly for different purpose. Shortly after getting the BL we removed the hard top from the WT order completly. Truly just sold on a soft top now. We are and have been 100% happy and pray our Wildtrak still has a miracle chance of getting picked up for production as a 2023 how we have it packaged just as the mod offer was originally ordered in October 2021. I dropped my full timeline down on the bottom. If I was willing to give up my 2017 Mustang GT, this BL is what I would personally want for myself to have stashed back with the Mustang forever.

Ford Bronco 2024 OBX SAS or Non-SAS vs Badlands Non-SAS IMG_5776.JPG

Ford Bronco 2024 OBX SAS or Non-SAS vs Badlands Non-SAS Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 17-33-06 Your 2023 Bronco Wildtrak™ Order

White 4 door hard top Wildtrak with lux package, leather, towing capability, steel bumper, all the roof and door bags, all the rubber mats and the WT side graphics

-October 13, 2021: Original Order date.

-October 14, 2021: Order confirmation received.

-March 2022: Added HOSS 3.0 Fox package when it became available and removable hoop steps.

-September 2022: Converted order over to 2023 and towing capability option back to the order.

-January 20th 2023: 463 days since initial order confirmation email the Ford Cooperate Bronco Team contacted us by email with the $2,500 order modification offer to get picked up for production in 2023. I modified order to an eruption green 4 door soft top Badlands, 2.7L, 10-speed automatic, steel bumper, high package, marine grade vinyl, rubber mats, door bags, removable hoop steps and added the tube doors. Got hit with the 7 speaker and subwoofer delete and switched to the base 6 speaker stereo. Lost adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, B&O stereo, hardtop, towing capability package, wireless charging pad, sport mode, sasquatch wheels and 4.7 rear axle. Gained electronic disconnecting front sta-bar, rock crawl mode and wash out flooring.

*February 1, 2023: Order began previewing at the factory

-February 2, 2023: 477 days after original order date. Received VIN number and order was picked up for production for the week of March 20, 2023.

-March 14, 2023 order sent to plant for production

-July 1, 2023: Bronco landed in Wentzville

-July 2, 2023: Bronco unloaded from railcar

-July 5, 2023: While waiting for Bronco to be delivered to dealership and after it sit at MAP on holds for 3 months we were notified the Bronco got hit this morning with ”Compliance Recall 23C16 – New Vehicle Demonstration/Delivery Hold for Seat Belt Latch Plate Access”. They are showing no way they can order or do anything to fulfill the delivery hold and that it might land in limbo..

-July 27, 2023: Purchase Date

-------------------------------------------------------------------

New Wildtrak Order:

-March 27, 2023 5:39pm

We placed a fresh Wildtrak order under my wifes name all over again exactly how she wants it. We will enjoy the Badlands until it gets picked up for production and gets here.

The road pony and dirt pony duo. The dirt pony actual stole the show this year summer and took home trophies at both the car shows we went to ;)

****UPDATE:
Our Wildtrak order has officially been picked up for production for week of Jan 22, 2024 🙀
Very sad to see Bob Moss the green Badlands go but my wife is incredibly excited to get her adaptive cruise cruise back. There is that one feature and that one for the last 4 years has been her favorite feature for sure. Here we are in December and the Badlands has still been flawless!!

Ford Bronco 2024 OBX SAS or Non-SAS vs Badlands Non-SAS IMG_6067.JPG

Ford Bronco 2024 OBX SAS or Non-SAS vs Badlands Non-SAS IMG_6069.JPG

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For the OP, find a 2023 OBX 4A and get what you wanted in the first place. You'll save a fair amount of money I would imagine.

FWIW, unless you NEED adaptive cruise control, the lux package is wasted money. Even if you did need adaptive cruise control, you could retrofit it for under $1k. The B&O sound system definitely isn't worth the extra money. The heated steering wheel is marginal. Everything else in the Lux package is easily sourced via the aftermarket. The high package is the better deal (and I have one Lux package Bronco and one High package Bronco).

In 2024, they combined the high and lux package, so there's no real choice there. You are just stuck paying for both.

MSRP for the 2 door 2023 2.7 OBX advanced 4x4 with tow package, high package, and auxiliary switches came in at $51,270. The 4 door would have been just under $54k.

Last edited:

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Two things really effect this price hike, OBX didn't raise in price for my24 and Auto is standard on OBX.

Makes sense. Even with adding a front locker and stabilizer bar disconnect, probably wouldn't be with that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

HItman84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I've pretty much just convinced myself to go OBX Sasquatch.
It'll give me everything I want, all it's missing is disconnect that I honestly don't care about and it splits the difference of OBX Squatch and Badlands with leather.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh for sure. I'm talking in my specific use case where the most off roading it will see is light dirt trails, parks and maybe a beach or two. And the only reason I'm considering It is the 4A for unpredictable new England winters.
You are wise focusing the spending on functionality you'll use for real.

Regarding 4A tcase, for me the times it could have been useful, were on pavement where streets alternated between cleared by plow and salt, and not cleared. In those cases I was sometimes shifting my old CJ between 2H and 4H.

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too live in southern New England and placed an order for a 2024 Ford bronco. I selected the OBX with this Sasquatch and lux package. Gives me everything I wanted and things I didn’t really need but will eventually use at some point.. All covered by a factory warranty. The 4A transfer case was the selling point for the Sasquatch. Otherwise I would’ve ordered the non-Sasquatch and just added on better wheels and tires.
Sponsored