Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hello.
Need some advice

I’m trying to figure out if I should order a badlands Non-Sas or with Sasquatch.
2.7 Auto

I understand what the difference I get with with each option. (Tires/ wheels sizes, gear ratio, etc)

But since I’m not a big fan of the stock SAS wheels and tires. 👎
My thoughts were to get the Non-SAS badlands.
Remove the stock wheels / tires.
Add the Eibach Pro lift springs
get my preferred wheels/ tires (fuel Rebel’s /35’s BF Goodrich)
This Option saves me money and possibly gets me bronco order this year. 2023👍

Or should I pay the extra money for Sasquatch package and simply swap wheels and tires.
This option
*costing more $ 👎
*I Won’t have to mess with springs or lift kit 👍
*but this option may push my order to 2024 because of constrains 👎

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a thread already dedicated to this. I'd say let the search button be your guide. But my $.02 ? Th Badlands stock is a very serious, 4WD, vee-hickle.

The SAS is cool, but do you really need it ? Many say no based on the experiences they have with their Badlands, and or what they've experienced at rodeos in SAS, and non SAS vehicles..

Manual is the option to get though in my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a thread already dedicated to this. I'd say let the search button be your guide. But my $.02 ? Th Badlands stock os leery a serious 4WD vee-hickle.

The SAS is cool, but do you really need it ? Many sy no used on the experiences they have woth theor Badlands and what they've experienced at rodeos in SAS and non SAS vehicles..

Manual is the option to get though in my opinion.
I’ve been up and down all the threads I can find here. Lots of good info but still can’t narrow which option to go with.

but thank you for your advice.
Every little bit helps

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go no SAS. Might sit 1/2 inch lower but has more travel than SAS from what I read. You won’t have same wheels as 80% of the Broncos driving around. SAS is also a lot of money you could use towards your own lift or other mods. The gearing difference is negligible.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Sas Badlands because I didn't want to mess with anything and when getting a V6 it was only like $2500 which would barely cover just wheels and tires. If you don't like what comes with Sasquatch and want to pick your own stuff then skip it.

In reference to the 80% poster, I see maybe 1 Sasquatch Bronco for every 10 non Sas I see around here. Mine is 1 of 2 Badlands I've seen in person with it locally. I do only see maybe 1 or 2 a week besides mine, still pretty rare here.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hello.
Need some advice

I’m trying to figure out if I should order a badlands Non-Sas or with Sasquatch.
2.7 Auto

I understand what the difference I get with with each option. (Tires/ wheels sizes, gear ratio, etc)

But since I’m not a big fan of the stock SAS wheels and tires. 👎
My thoughts were to get the Non-SAS badlands.
Remove the stock wheels / tires.
Add the Eibach Pro lift springs
get my preferred wheels/ tires (fuel Rebel’s /35’s BF Goodrich)
This Option saves me money and possibly gets me bronco order this year. 2023👍

Or should I pay the extra money for Sasquatch package and simply swap wheels and tires.
This option
*costing more $ 👎
*I Won’t have to mess with springs or lift kit 👍
*but this option may push my order to 2024 because of constrains 👎

Thanks in advance
Like you said one needs to consider ordering non-constrains to increase the chances of the Bronco being built anytime soon. If you are ok with MY24 it could be over a year before you drive it. Price protection is a thing of the past and Ford has a new found love for increasing pricing to offset dealer ADM.

Good luck on whatever you direction you go in. If you want to not go SAS it will increase your chances for getting a VIN.

Ford Bronco Badlands SAS or Non-SAS ? Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 7.08.17 AM

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went non Sas and love it. I think it’s more the region you wheel in. If you are a pavement dweller then this is not even a question, skip it. The tires that come on the Sas package are rock launchers as well. I only light wheel here in rural Maryland. The Badlands is more than I need but it was the only model I could get the wash out floors and the Lux package. Ford made their wine constraint nightmare by packaging and limiting in weird ways. I didn’t need a sway bar disconnect, but I got one.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went non Sas and love it. I think it’s more the region you wheel in. If you are a pavement dweller then this is not even a question, skip it. The tires that come on the Sas package are rock launchers as well. I only light wheel here in rural Maryland. The Badlands is more than I need but it was the only model I could get the wash out floors and the Lux package. Ford made their wine constraint nightmare by packaging and limiting in weird ways. I didn’t need a sway bar disconnect, but I got one.
Ditto.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non Sasquatch BL is around $4200 less. I parked my non Sasquatch BL next to a Sasquatch BL, and the height difference is almost non existent. The Sasquatch looks great, and rides better on paved roads, but one can achieve the Sasquatch stance for less than $4200. Sell your stock wheels/ tires and fender flares and put that money towards a one inch leveling kit, wheels tires and flares. I like the look of the BL wheels and had no problem going non Sasquatch. BTW, the KO’s provide a comfortable ride on pavement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go no SAS. Might sit 1/2 inch lower but has more travel than SAS from what I read. You won’t have same wheels as 80% of the Broncos driving around. SAS is also a lot of money you could use towards your own lift or other mods. The gearing difference is negligible.
Thank you.
appreciate The advice. 👍
I bought a Sas Badlands because I didn't want to mess with anything and when getting a V6 it was only like $2500 which would barely cover just wheels and tires. If you don't like what comes with Sasquatch and want to pick your own stuff then skip it.

In reference to the 80% poster, I see maybe 1 Sasquatch Bronco for every 10 non Sas I see around here. Mine is 1 of 2 Badlands I've seen in person with it locally. I do only see maybe 1 or 2 a week besides mine, still pretty rare here.
it’s about $3,400 difference as of today.
Ford has gone up with prices.
Made my decision that much harder.
But all the feedback I’m getting is helping me come to a decision

thank you

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you.
appreciate The advice. 👍

it’s about $3,400 difference as of today.
Ford has gone up with prices.
Made my decision that much harder.
But all the feedback I’m getting is helping me come to a decision

thank you
Thank you for the info/advice 👍

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non Sasquatch BL is around $4200 less. I parked my non Sasquatch BL next to a Sasquatch BL, and the height difference is almost non existent. The Sasquatch looks great, and rides better on paved roads, but one can achieve the Sasquatch stance for less than $4200. Sell your stock wheels/ tires and fender flares and put that money towards a one inch leveling kit, wheels tires and flares. I like the look of the BL wheels and had no problem going non Sasquatch. BTW, the KO’s provide a comfortable ride on pavement.
I think this game plan is becoming more and more reasonable in my head.
With the money I’m saving I can use it on mods I really want.
Thank you for the info/advice

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, the price increase further solidifies that I would probably skip Sasquatch. There are some excellent wheel options and to be honest I strongly dislike the tires on Sasquatch. I believe you can also add 35s to stock Badlands without rubbing or maybe just need a levelling kit.

I know when it's tire time I won't be buying those crap tires it came with and wish I could have gotten BFGs in 35s same as stock Badlands.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went no SAS badlands with the optional beadlocks. For a couple reasons. I hate the terrible Goodyears that the sasquatch comes with, and honestly am not a big fan of the sasquatch wheels vs the optional badlands wheels. Non sas has slightly better wheel travel, and when you get the manual you get the 4.7 gears in thr diffs anyway.

I'll do minimal leveling and a set of 35x11.5's here in the near future, but with the BFG's I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade.

I vote non SAS, but YMMV
Sponsored