First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the non-sas, as for the price Ford wants to sas your Bronco, you can get yourself a nice wheel and tire set up that will provide you with a much more unique looking vehicle.
Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
This probably wonā€™t help, since the Badlands comes with more than the Base does, but the reason I opted for the Sasquatch isā€¦.

1. front / rear lockers
2. Upgraded axles (M210)
3. 35ā€™s w/ wheels
4. updated Speedo
5. Better suspension / lift
6. Larger fender flares
7. Full time all wheel drive

I feel like I am missing one more thingā€¦

All of this under factory warranty. This alone was worth it, since I am getting the base

Last edited:

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone on here with real world experience and the 4.46 gearing and 35s? Fuel economy compared to the 4.7 and power/performance?

***edit***
Thatā€™s is paired with the 2.7L

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too realize every company has some level of disgruntled employee(s). But if you are going to pay labor costs for the vehicle to be built and labor costs again to change it and possibly void warranty. I understand the cost savings if someone were to change parts anyway, but the little things like "I upgraded to 37" tires and can't find SAS fender flares under $1,000(or whatever they cost) and they will take 8 months to ship(or however long)" surprises me. Can it be done? Absolutely. Is it worth dropping SAS? IMO, no.
I get it you have to weigh out what works for you I use to build insurance vehicles so entire rebuilds. Do all my own metal work and painting so I didn't need SAS it literally gained me nothing but that is not for everybody

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This probably wonā€™t help, since the Badlands comes with more than the Base does, but the reason I opted for the Sasquatch isā€¦.

1. front / rear lockers
2. Upgraded axles (M210)
3. 35ā€™s w/ wheels
4. updated Speedo
5. Better suspension / lift
6. Larger fender flares
7. Full time all wheel drive

I feel like I am missing one more thingā€¦

All of this under factory warranty. This alone was worth it, since I am getting the base
Yep for any model but a badlands I would look at the squatch but badlands has all but the 35's and flares plus bash plates and swaybar disconnect

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone on here with real world experience and the 4.46 gearing and 35s? Fuel economy compared to the 4.7 and power/performance?

***edit***
Not really but I can pull 17.5 mpgs highway as long as I keep it 70 or under around 15.5 around town with f-rated 37's

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turnkey or build your own is what it boils down to at the end of the day. Vaughn Gittin's first Bronco he ordered was a non sas Badlands because as he said, I am going to put my own wheels and tires on it. Both versions are awesome. Follow whatever path you want. Neither one is universally better for everyone. And for those who don't believe me, watch Chase Gentry and Vaughns time together on YouTube from Chase's channel a few years ago-toward the end of the video. Not saying anyone's situation and Vaughns are the same at all. Find it hard to believe anyone is going to beat on a ride more than Vaughn though....

Last edited:

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

***edit***
I have SAS takeoffs on the standard Badlands (4.46) with the 2.7L. I have not updated the speedo with forscan, but Iā€™m getting a horrible 15mpg right now. So itā€™s off due to wheel size, but itā€™s pretty bad now. I do almost all in City driving. Lots of starting and stopping.

TheMadTrench

Badlands
First Name
Trench
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Badlands-SAS or no SAS D0FC485C-A4AC-4FE9-9CCB-13E6D8E14847

Wonā€™t go bigger than 33s on the 2. Badlands high 7sp. Rips nicely with the Ford Performance tune and motor mods. However, I wonā€™t be looking to change wheels or suspension so non- SAS for said reasons.

Reactions: GMC

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends (obviously). I wanted the package because it gave me a tire/suspension that worked for the mid-level off roading I do, while all tuned together from the factory, including the Lux package adaptive cruise, etc. and under warranty. Itā€™s done and my other customization is in other areas (lights, device rail, etc).
If you want to get the best price performance or higher end off roading, then do your own after market. You can actually get some dealers willing to contract it out and include in the financing and with a separate warranty.

Sponsored

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have SAS takeoffs on the standard Badlands (4.46) with the 2.7L. I have not updated the speedo with forscan, but Iā€™m getting a horrible 15mpg right now. So itā€™s off due to wheel size, but itā€™s pretty bad now. I do almost all in City driving. Lots of starting and stopping.
Thanks for the input. Have you noticed a difference in acceleration or cruising? Have you calculated the MPG manually?

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input. Have you noticed a difference in acceleration or cruising? Have you calculated the MPG manually?
Unfortunately Iā€™ve only had the Bronco for about 2 weeks. One week with the stock BL wheels and one with the Wildtrak wheels. Not really enough for a great sample size yet. Maybe 200 miles on each. Even before the swap, I was only seeing about 15 mpg, but it was such a small sample.

You canā€™t go wrong either way, I really liked the look of both. I just liked the slightly wider stance and the black wheels a little bit more.

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately Iā€™ve only had the Bronco for about 2 weeks. One week with the stock BL wheels and one with the Wildtrak wheels. Not really enough for a great sample size yet. Maybe 200 miles on each. Even before the swap, I was only seeing about 15 mpg, but it was such a small sample.

You canā€™t go wrong either way, I really liked the look of both. I just liked the slightly wider stance and the black wheels a little bit more.
Appreciate the input. Potentially buying a set of Sasquatch wheels. I could run the 33s on them correct? I like the KO2S.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like you replaced you 2dr wheels with the Wild Track wheels. Where did you get them?
You are correct.! Those are Wildtrac takeoffs. A guy here in TN had them on market place. Paid him $2000 for all 5 with TP sensors still in. I paid $1750 for the 5 on my 4 door, BUT, sensors were gone.! Wound up with about the same money as the other set. Pays to ask when buying takeoffs. Hereā€™s a good pic to compare std. flares w/SAS wheels on mine and the white Wildtrac factory SAS flares behind me.
Ford Bronco Badlands-SAS or no SAS 21B0392F-CD59-45CE-A59A-886BDCF4B955

Black Stallion

Badlands
First Name
Dejay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands / 20 Jeep Gladiator / 16 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would buy with the Sasquatch package! Think about Jeep Rubicons value will always be better than any Sahara package. You all ready decided Badlands, so I would go all in with the Sasquatch. Resale value alone is worth it.
Ford Bronco Badlands-SAS or no SAS IMG_0830
Sponsored