Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Something to consider…

1) resale value will favor OEM Sasquatch over aftermarket mods for 95% of the buyers.

2) there is a labor cost to installing aftermarket mods (whether it’s your time or you are paying someone else to do it).

3) Warranty - not only will OEM be covered for 3/36, you also won’t have to prove the aftermarket mods did not contribute to any potential issue.
Sponsored

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is...well, you can read the signature ;)
But, manual gives the gearing you get from the auto/squash combo.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My personal opinion and taste is the Sasquatch package is an absolute must on all Broncos in just looks alone. The shape and design of the Bronco needs at least 35inch tires and higher suspension. With small tires the Broncos front end looks like a long pig snout and the proportions just look off. Especially the 4 door.

When I see a Bronco without it I don't get excited. Similar to seeing a Bronco Sport. It's just OK to me. With the Sasquatch package the Bronco looks like a Tonka truck or a specialty built off road vehicle. Just looks really cool. Like it came straight out of Forza.

If I wasn't able to get the Sasquatch package I would be getting a quality lift and 35 inch tires ASAP.. Although the resale value wont be as good going this route. JMO..

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was never intending to do this originally when I ordered, but I ordered a non-sas Badlands and bolted on Wildtrak wheel and fender flare takeoffs. Sits about 1/2” lower than the Sasquatch.

Total cost was $600 after I sold my OEM Badlands wheels.

Ford Bronco Badlands-SAS or no SAS 40D8611E-78EE-4D9D-9AAE-7B19DDBABFCE

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, we’re in leesburg, just up the turnpike from you. Your question has been debated on the forum almost ad naseum. Both sides are passionate. I’m in the Sasquatch camp. For me, the main reason was everything is designed to work together. Whatever you do, make certain you get lockers.

On my way home from Death Valley, Sand Hollow State Park and Moab. Did Golar Wash, Barker Ranch and Mengel pass in DV. Did Top of the World and Fins and Things in Moab to name just a few. These cars are incredibly capable and brought many smiles to my face. So, I’d say there is probably no “wrong” answer to your question. Like everything else, it depends. Enjoy your bronco when you get it.

BTW, I leaned to love skid plates on this trip. And make certain you get lockers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OrlandoOBX

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP, we’re in leesburg, just up the turnpike from you. Your question has been debated on the forum almost ad naseum. Both sides are passionate. I’m in the Sasquatch camp. For me, the main reason was everything is designed to work together. Whatever you do, make certain you get lockers.

On my way home from Death Valley, Sand Hollow State Park and Moab. Did Golar Wash, Barker Ranch and Mengel pass in DV. Did Top of the World and Fins and Things in Moab to name just a few. These cars are incredibly capable and brought many smiles to my face. So, I’d say there is probably no “wrong” answer to your question. Like everything else, it depends. Enjoy your bronco when you get it.

BTW, I leaned to love skid plates on this trip. And make certain you get lockers.
i thought the Badlands get the lockers standard, no need to add.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the responses, if I don’t get scheduled in the next month I am going to drop the SAS.
I have a non-SAS manual and love it. Yes, one day I’ll probably upgrade to 35”s and get some kind of coil over or the better bilstein 5100 shocks, but it’s pretty awesome the way it is now. I also have a manual.

Also, wasn’t SAS the #1 constraint last time I checked? You want the bronco sooner, ditch the SAS and make it your own! Hope you enjoy it when it comes!

OP
OP
OrlandoOBX

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the reason is I have been debating is if I should drop the SAS( I prefer to get it) if I don’t get a build date should I drop it. But as see with some of your responses I can still pretty much get the Sasquatch aftermarket for the amount ford is asking for it, minus gear ratio, i think this why I switched from an OBX to a Badland, price difference is less than 1k and I get so much more. Thanks for all your comments!

Reactions: GAN

Kinnywayne

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple answer - if you're going to leave it stock then go SAS. But if you are going to change anything wheel/tire/suspension related, go non-SAS. you can do a 1-2" lift plus wheels and tires for the same or less than SAS ;)
This…I plan on doing some mods myself so the SAS wasn’t worth it to me. The only benefit was the 35s and the rims. I plan to go with 35s still but was iffy on the rims. I’ll go aftermarket for those. I don’t care for the wider flares. The Badlands pkg came with what I needed to do what I want to do with it.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I have a badlands on order with high and SAS. Was looking at what comes standard on the Badlands and what comes with the SAS package. You get hoss 2.0 front and rear lockers standard. What else is left on the SAS package besides the 35” tires? Is it worth the $4840, actually only $3145 if you subtract from build and price. Thinking of dropping it from my build and just buying the 35” tires later. Thoughts?
im running 2021 black diamond w/sas switched out to interco ss m16 as they measure 35.3" instead of 33.8" as my factory 35 lol .almost went 37" bfg ko at below true size " as measured but was worried about rub as blogs mentioned ...0 rub now
love my suspension calibrated by ford engineers for me rather then aftermarket
yes worth every penny

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not everyone is confident, capable, or has the equipment to do things. Different wheels, sure, but gearing swap?
I do realize this my point was more towards you can have disgruntled techs no matter where, if you are having work done pay attention dont trust until you have established a repore. The manufacturer believe it or not does not necessarily have the best techs,

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do realize this my point was more towards you can have disgruntled techs no matter where, if you are having work done pay attention dont trust until you have established a repore. The manufacturer believe it or not does not necessarily have the best techs,
I too realize every company has some level of disgruntled employee(s). But if you are going to pay labor costs for the vehicle to be built and labor costs again to change it and possibly void warranty. I understand the cost savings if someone were to change parts anyway, but the little things like "I upgraded to 37" tires and can't find SAS fender flares under $1,000(or whatever they cost) and they will take 8 months to ship(or however long)" surprises me. Can it be done? Absolutely. Is it worth dropping SAS? IMO, no.

SoCalRambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, you’re struggling…in 21 minutes you went from "I’ll keep SAS" to "I think I’ll drop SAS if….".!! Maybe I can help just a little. I have 2 Badlands, one 2dr and one 4dr. Both non-SAS. Badlands is the ultimate trim level, IMHO. I bought SAS takeoffs with less than 100 miles on them for both Broncos. There is not a better looking wheel on the planet, also IMHO.! This wheel/tire combo looks great with the standard flares. Both are the 2.3 engine, by choice. On the recent trip to Bronco Super Cel. East, the 2dr was sitting on 27MPG when we got home, filled up for $3.03 in Pigeon Forge, reset trip. Wife driving, following me in the RV going 55/65 MPH. Forscan corrected tire diameter (for the tech heads). This shared so you know the std BLands axle ratio yields great MPG. I easily keep it on 21 around home, rural area as well.
Those look good. Did you install any lift/leveling kits or just swap wheels/tires? If no lift, do you have any rubbing?

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was never intending to do this originally when I ordered, but I ordered a non-sas Badlands and bolted on Wildtrak wheel and fender flare takeoffs. Sits about 1/2” lower than the Sasquatch.

Total cost was $600 after I sold my OEM Badlands wheels.

Good idea on the Wildtrak wheels. They look great on the green. My BL non-sas is being shipped as we speak!

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like I'm in the minority, but I actually really like the look of the stock non-squatch Badlands wheels. They're still my favorite wheel design (stock or aftermarket) I've seen on any Bronco. I will admit however that I do prefer the stance and proportions of the 35" wheels and lift of the Sasquatch. But I still love seeing the stock wheels on my Badlands.
Sponsored