Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands SAS or Non-SAS ? AF99B0BD-3400-4CAB-8996-65E3F833200C

Non-SASQ all the way! Rides great on the BFGs. I’ll never get as high as 37’s. Maybe 35’s when these tires need a swap. Giddy over this thing.
Sponsored

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the great info and advice (including yours) that I’ve received on this thread.
I’ve decided to go with the non SAS.

Thank you again for your time
Welcome aboard and congrats, always happy to help!

Ncsufan913

Wildtrak
First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My non-sas BL just rolled off the line this week. My question is regarding offset. I was planning to put the RTR’s on my factory 33s…everything points to the 0 offset for those. If I want to put 35s down the road, will I have an issue with the 0 offset? Or should I do the +30 out the gate?

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My non-sas BL just rolled off the line this week. My question is regarding offset. I was planning to put the RTR’s on my factory 33s…everything points to the 0 offset for those. If I want to put 35s down the road, will I have an issue with the 0 offset? Or should I do the +30 out the gate?
Exact same thing I am thinking and got built this week as well. Having spent time at the dealer yesterday with a non sas badlands right next to a Wildtrak, IMHO would say if you are keeping the non sas flares, +30 offset, if you are going to switch to SAS flares and 35s, 0 offset. Again, just my opinion.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am doing exactly what you are asking. I canceled Sas to get my Badlands this year. I only wanted Sas for the 4.7 gear ratio but when Ford said they were giving an additional $2500 for removing Sas, it was a no brainer for me. It saved me $2495 for removing plus the $2500. I’m putting that money back into my Bronco. I dropped off my rebound pro wheels to get powder coated white and will be getting General Grabber X3 with raised red lettering. I ordered the Eibach Springs to get me above Sas height difference. I think this is the best choice to save some coin and have a Bronco that is your own instead of driving the same Sas optioned Broncos that are starting to show up everywhere.

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very happy with my non-sas Badlands on ~34" tires. I also dislike the giant sas fender flares.
Mine is the Area 51 on the left. Both the white ones are on Sas.

Looks great. What offset and tire are you running?

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am doing exactly what you are asking. I canceled Sas to get my Badlands this year. I only wanted Sas for the 4.7 gear ratio but when Ford said they were giving an additional $2500 for removing Sas, it was a no brainer for me. It saved me $2495 for removing plus the $2500. I’m putting that money back into my Bronco. I dropped off my rebound pro wheels to get powder coated white and will be getting General Grabber X3 with raised red lettering. I ordered the Eibach Springs to get me above Sas height difference. I think this is the best choice to save some coin and have a Bronco that is your own instead of driving the same Sas optioned Broncos that are starting to show up everywhere.
Remove the auto & you get 4.7's ;)

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remove the auto & you get 4.7's ;)
Yeah, but then I loose trail turn and 2.7. 4.46 vs 4.7 gear isn’t a big enough issue for me. I’ve seen people put 37’s with 4.46 and say everything is fine. Can’t change anything now anyways. Mine is finally scheduled for week of 4/17

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-SASQ all the way! Rides great on the BFGs. I’ll never get as high as 37’s. Maybe 35’s when these tires need a swap. Giddy over this thing.
The optional wheels look fantastic with the Oxford white! Really bummed mine won’t have them because they were balanced out for the year. Hoping to pick some up from the marketplace!

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The optional wheels look fantastic with the Oxford white! Really bummed mine won’t have them because they were balanced out for the year. Hoping to pick some up from the marketplace!
Thanks, absolutely love them!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but even if I was going to change the suspension / wheels / tires, I would still get the SAS for the lockers ;)

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but even if I was going to change the suspension / wheels / tires, I would still get the SAS for the lockers gearing ;)
👆There, I fixed it for you. 😉

Also, I'm pretty sure all BL trims come with both front and rear lockers.
At least my non-SAS BL did.