Sponsored

Bang for the Buck? (OBX SAS vs Badlands non-SAS)

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With wait times what they are I'm upping the price I'm willing to spend on the Bronco I order with the banks open back up. I am torn between an Outer Banks w/Sasquatch or a non- Sasquatch Badlands. Either option will be a 4 door, soft top, 2.7, high package. In that configuration the two options are within a couple hundred buck.

This will be my daily driver, although I do telework about 40 percent of the time. Don't plan on doing frequent off-roading, maybe 2-3 excursions.

The Badlands is attractive because it's the higher package and will get better mileage with the 33s, but feel that the OBX with Sasquatch is the better value and seems like the 35's fit the 4 door better.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last night I ran into a guy with a BL Sas and we spent about 20 minutes walking around and talking about his Bronco.

Get the SAS. It just looks right on the 4 door. There are a couple of 4 door non-Sas near my home and they just don't look right when you see the Sas package.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like it really depends more on the interior than anything else (unless you are going with leather on either build) do you want cloth with carpet or vinyl with wash out floors? If you are not seriously off-roading it the sway bar disconnect really doesn't make much difference.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a daily driver I would stick with nonSas. It will ride better and higherpg. Some SAS owners report only 15-16 mpg and I report almost 21 for last 7500 interstate highway miles

As far as how it looks, you can't see your tires from behind the steering wheel anyway

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like it really depends more on the interior than anything else (unless you are going with leather on either build) do you want cloth with carpet or vinyl with wash out floors? If you are not seriously off-roading it the sway bar disconnect really doesn't make much difference.
It would be cool to have the extra hero button on the dash, but manual SB disconnect can be bought for $300 so that is a non-factor. I could go either way on the washout floors. The OBX has a marginally better interior in my opinion. Leather not in the budget.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a daily driver I would stick with nonSas. It will ride better and higherpg. Some SAS owners report only 15-16 mpg and I report almost 21 for last 7500 interstate highway miles

As far as how it looks, you can't see your tires from behind the steering wheel anyway
Very true. The Badland would be a good sweet spot between practicality and off-road capability.

This is really a debate between my practical side and my inner child what wants the 35's.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be cool to have the extra hero button on the dash, but manual SB disconnect can be bought for $300 so that is a non-factor. I could go either way on the washout floors. The OBX has a marginally better interior in my opinion. Leather not in the budget.
I really like the roast seats on the OBX, they really do look good in a blue Bronco, my original build was an OBX, blue, roast seats, and Sasquatch.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another consideration for you, tires. 35 inch mudders are lucky to get 20k miles on the blacktop. 4 BF Goodrich KM3s will run $1800 after install / alignment. Smaller road tires, $1000 to $1200 every 50k miles.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, good point.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went OBX nonsqu. I live in Georgia, this will be a daily driver and I park outside at work.

All black interior on BL was not an option.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you get the 2.7 you are stuck with an automatic. If you get an OBX you are stuck with an automatic. So... If you want Squatch, 2.7 and Auto... get the Wildtrack.

I price out a Wildtrack at only $90 more than the OBX with Squatch and 2.7. (both with high)
$54,025 vs $54,115

Which makes the OBX about the worst deal I can think of.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you get the 2.7 you are stuck with an automatic. If you get an OBX you are stuck with an automatic. So... If you want Squatch, 2.7 and Auto... get the Wildtrack.

I price out a Wildtrack at only $90 more than the OBX with Squatch and 2.7. (both with high)
$54,025 vs $54,115

Which makes the OBX about the worst deal I can think of.
What makes the Wildtrack special other than the name and sandstone interior I donā€™t care for? Hood graphic? Is there added capability that Iā€™m missing? GOAT mode maybe? Plus, last I checked the WT was limited to like 15 percent of production which means a much longer wait.
An OBX w/ 2.7 and Sasquatch is essential the same with different grill, interior, decals, and a restriction.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford made the decision for me. To me, the OBX looks pedestrian unless you add the Sasquatch . Also, the OBX interiors are not to my liking. So adding Sasquatch to the OBX priced it out to be about the same as the BL with out Sasquatch. Plus, I got the MGV interior and wash out floors. The fact I wanted CO as my color and the BL interior was highlighted with CO sealed the deal.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very true. The Badland would be a good sweet spot between practicality and off-road capability.

This is really a debate between my practical side and my inner child what wants the 35's.
I got the badlands with squatch, not because I absolutely need (let's be real nobody "needs" it) but because I wanted it. If it's not going to break your wallet listen to your inner child and have some fun

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unlike the gentleman who thinks OBX SAS is a bad deal compared to WT, once Ford took the best parts of what WT was supposed to be away, an optioned up OBX with SAS became the best deal for me. Same money if you add SAS, high, modular bumper and aux switches. You lose Baja mode (easily added with ForScan) and a stupid hood sticker. You gain side steps, painted mirrors and handles, and most importantly IMO access to the roast interior and dash with blue accents. This was the big thing for me, as Iā€™m in AZ and hated the camo and black seat options. Canā€™t do leather or MGV here with the heat and top down, and the cloth roast seats and dash look amazing. I donā€™t regret switching from WT to my Velocity Blue, SAS, cloth roast interior, modular bumper, 2.7L, aux switches and high package. I get complimented on it every day, and Iā€™ve never enjoyed driving another vehicle more. (Despite 17 MPG). The proportions and feel are just perfect with SAS for what the Bronco is.
Ford Bronco Bang for the Buck? (OBX SAS vs Badlands non-SAS) C5B31D9D-9F9E-4484-A8DD-2B17FA28E370
Ford Bronco Bang for the Buck? (OBX SAS vs Badlands non-SAS) EE19D5BA-BEBC-4A3A-B4CA-BB12C333BAAD
Ford Bronco Bang for the Buck? (OBX SAS vs Badlands non-SAS) E97F7139-86FE-401C-825B-1468DBEA68D9
Ford Bronco Bang for the Buck? (OBX SAS vs Badlands non-SAS) 78729E8B-8CC4-471B-BB93-2BF4E47C4C26
Sponsored