Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Skip the Bronco emblem lights and put that money toward actual useful off-road lights (front and rear).
Sponsored

Reactions: Cat

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

K.I.S.S.

Signal- comms, cell, sat, radio, tell people, mirror, whistle, bright tarp etc.
Sustenance- Water, Food, Meds/Rx, first aid etc.
Shelter- warmth, clothes, sleeping bag, bronco (for those that have one :cautious:) etc.
Self-Recovery- stuff to get unstuck, don't plan on help etc.

Knowledge is the most important. Good start with the off-roadeo, take more classes if you can first aid, survival, off road etc. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't have a production date yet, i would HIGHLY reccomend upping your build to one of the trims that includes the 360 camera, definitely worth the cost and I'm not sure adding one aftermarket would tie in to the head unit as neatly.

At least, when I added one to my Tacoma a few years ago, I had to splice a bunch of wires and install a switch to swap between the front and rear cameras.

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from working in the Field on people in critical condition, it would be amazing to have a tourniquet in your first aid bag. This would be the more important thing to have in the first aid kit and is a cheap tool. Also if you have a HSA you can use it on supplies.
Damn, what a kill joy...

Josh54

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oh, as for the apps, I have Gaia, OnXoffroad, AllTrails, iOverlander, TopoUSA and OverlandBound on my phone, still figuring out which one to use and which to keep, not many trails near me. Most if not all allow you to download a map of the area you want to explore, so you won't need cell signal in the wild, very useful. I like redundancy, so I have these on my phone and ipad and bring both, in case one breaks. And hopefully we'll see the off road app in the Bronco one of these days, though I don't know if that's gonna be available on all trims or only the higher ones or tied into one of the packages like mid etc.
Very useful to have, essential IMO. paper map is great if you know how to read it out in the wild, never runs out of batteries. Might want to add a compass in case the phone goes empty.

Josh54

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks for post. Any idea if you can download/upload these apps to Bronco, or just phone? Or download a trail map?
Thanks
Sponsored