First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2019 F150 had the long antenna which I replaced with a stubby. Did not notice much difference in the AM reception.

And, I use AM when on the highway to listen to hockey games not broadcast anywhere else. I see Sirius has NHL stations but their game selection isn’t 100% AFAIK.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Basic whip antenna is better than a shark fin and I'll take it anytime. Contrary to statement earlier about it being for AM....such an antenna is primarily FM broadcast, it is the right length for that, AM broadcast is far longer and tends to use a loopstick antenna.

As far as I am concerned....one more antenna, so what?

Ford Bronco What an Antenna? Rover Sunset

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a stubby from Alibaba. I may install it.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
That thing is being removed ASAP. Between Sirius and my phone I'll never listen to scratchy ass commercial filled AM/FM crap again. ALTHOUGH while travelling thru Wyoming this year, there was some pretty funny local redneck radio ads, I did enjoy those!

Sponsored

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basic whip antenna is better than a shark fine and I'll take it anytime. Contrary to statement earlier about it being for AM....such an antenna is primarily FM broadcast, it is the right length for that, AM broadcast is far longer and tends to use a loopstick antenna.

As far as I am concerned....one more antenna, so what?

Ford Bronco What an Antenna? Rover Sunset
LMAO!!!!!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it, adds to the retro look, not that I actually ever look at what ever antenna someone might have.
I do listen to the radio here and there, local high school has a fun station that's on the air since 1965 and an other rock station came back after being sports talk or some such boring stuff for a while.
I'd not miss AM radio if it went off the air yesterday, no time for talking heads, but FM can be good to have in case of major emergencies, sat radio won't have anything local and cell service will be a thing of the past for a while, think big earthquake or fire or tornado etc. I'm not not gonna have FM radio in any vehicle.

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Call me an old soul, but I prefer a full sized antenna. I also ran a 102" whip on my last truck and it always made me smile just how ridiculous it was when it got to dancing around on the highway.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m actually trying to find a taller and stiffer whip antenna so I can fly my black Bronco flag while I‘m driving

I just hope people see that it’s a Bronco flag and not a Jolly Rover because that would be embarrassing. No pirate would drive a Ford Bronco unless it was a Bronco Arrrrrr and those are gonna cost $200k

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I full on KILLED (like bird shaped dent in the antenna, feathers everywhere killed) a dove a few years ago with my ram antenna. So sad. Also extremely unlucky for the little fella. I immediately switched to a stubby antenna. Works great. I recommend everybody swap for a stubby.
Years ago I was driving our 1988 Aerostar under a highway overpass. A pigeon swooped down out of the beams under the overpass toward the windshield. Just missed! Whew, dodged a bloody mess on the windshield! THUNK‼ The van had a magnet-mount CB antenna on the back end of the roof. Pigeon feathers everywhere. Dead pigeon on the road. Antenna dangling in the rear window. Ugh. 😳

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, I've had my Bronco about three months and you know what I NEVER think about? The antenna, the front license plate mount, the standard tail lights, etc. You know why? Because I'm inside driving it having way too much fun. These discussions are fun and pass the time but I don't have the energy to sweat the small stuff anymore.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its dual purpose, it also a low clearance warning system.
Hey...true dat! My kid has an Xterra that is 6'2 1/8" tall. The antenna was a helpful warning sign in a parking garage back east. The garage was officially 6'2"......

Lessons learned. Who is gonna see scratches the roof and racks anyway?!?!?
Sponsored