Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DRLs are a pain where I work. I arrive before sunup and have to pass through guarded gates. The signs instruct you to turn off your lights while passing through and showing your ID. Can't do that with DRLs. When I turn the headlights off they need to go all the way off.

DRLs can also be less than ideal in some hunting situations. When it is cold it is nice to stay in a warm vehicle until the very last minute. The noise and exhaust fumes are more than enough to alert game, I'd rather not light up the whole countryside as well.
Just toss a blind over your lights when hunting. Or, if you have a regular parking brake, push in in just enough to shut the lights off. Works at our local drive-in for everyone.

I live in Canada, where it had been mentioned, DRLs are mandatory. I've never been in a situation where I wished I could shut them off.

I go through guard gates at night all the time. Guards in Canada can handle the lights.

Ive been in lots of situations where I see someone whithiut DRLs (well... See them at the last second in the snow/rain) where I wished they had them.

I can't imagine them being a "pain."

I'm hoping soon that daytime taillights will be a thing soon. It's mandatory for my company to turn your lights on at all times.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DRLs are a pain where I work. I arrive before sunup and have to pass through guarded gates. The signs instruct you to turn off your lights while passing through and showing your ID. Can't do that with DRLs. When I turn the headlights off they need to go all the way off.

DRLs can also be less than ideal in some hunting situations. When it is cold it is nice to stay in a warm vehicle until the very last minute. The noise and exhaust fumes are more than enough to alert game, I'd rather not light up the whole countryside as well.
we have a similar sign at our facility and the guards have learned to cope.

OP
OP
Used2jeep

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score