EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drive the piss out of it. Keep it for at least 20yrs or more.

Secondary market will be either after I am dead or maybe after our daughter is...she loves both the Mustang and Bronco and has expressed interest in getting the Mustang when she is 16 (8 now).

I even made the comment this may be the last new car I buy for myself and I am only 44.
That sounds like my plan and I'll be 52 this year.

It will be a daily driver for me and I drive about 15k per year so in 20 years it's 300k.

Will the 2.3l mexico engine last that long I don't know but by then I'm hoping ford or someone offers retrofit motors for whatever the best technology is at the time. Ford already has an electric crate motor so it's doable. Maybe it's hydrogen by then?

My wants for a vehicle are based on the size and type. The bronco 2 door is the right size and it's a proper 4x4 with a frame. I can work with it.
Sponsored

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Daily driver
Overlander
hopefully lots and lots of miles

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco will be my second semi daily driver for driving when I donā€™t want to take the model A (my main driver) or bad weather driving plus doing some actual off-roading. We mostly take the wifeā€™s BMW when actually going somewhere (she likes comfort)...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept my 18 year old Taco but Bronco is my main daily, though I only drive maybe 4-5 miles a day, if that. Mostly drop my daughter at school and shopping/errands. Planning on many road trips, along the cost from Bay Area to Seattle to visit my son at college is one of them, staying as close to the coast as possible, with some off road trails thrown in here and there.
Want to explore the Sierras, ghost towns, old mines, Lone Pine area, Death Valley, drive to Moab, things like that.

I'm not a big fan of buying cars, so plan to keep this one for a long time if it holds up (and Ford or someone else still supports all the computers in 20+years), I would probably trade in for a hybrid Bronco, for now I can't see ever owning something else though, this vehicle is perfect for me and my use.

It was really a want, not need, at 56 I figured it's ok to splurge a bit, I could have just continued driving the Taco for an other 10 year easy I think. Having a lot of fun with my Bronco, just wish there were more trails near by.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just trying to gauge what the 2nd hand market will look like for these in 3-5 yrs. Probably like the Wrangler. But maybe not given the current scarcity. For me personally it is a low mileage cruiser. It will be garaged and probably never have a top on it. I plan on keeping it basically stock with no major/irreversible modifications. The result will eventually be a 20 yr old Bronco with about 50k unmolested miles on it. Please comment and discuss in the thread. No need for any flame jobs.

I plan to semi-DD it (only 5 km to the office) 2-3 x a week, road trips to the mountains, cruising with the top off, and some hardcore-as-I-can-find in southern Alberta offroading. Would love to make a trip to Colorado some day.

Sponsored

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To wave at every Jeep driveršŸ˜

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lifestyle vehicle for me. I'm an ultra runner in Colorado and up in the mountains running trails and fishing as much as I can. I've had a few older Jeeps which gotten me to/from the trails over the years, and I'm excited to get into my new Bronco!

120344837_10224328465827974_5961601010535583527_n.jpeg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan to wheel mine. I realize there is a lot of pavement in between my house and the trails I like to wheel...would be nice if the Bronco handles that ok. I have never been to Moab or Rubicon...but I sure would love to! would be way better w/a vehicle that doesn't need to be trailered! A reliable highway vehicle that can be wheeled? Hell ya! But if it's junk on the trails, then I will get rid of it. Not sure how many miles that will amount to, but, I'll find out I guess!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At current driving rate, should be around 120k miles in 10 years. Daily, 25miles Round trip for work, 1-2 1k ski trips to CO and several days annually on logging trails for grouse. Not planning on doing any huge mods either.
The grouse comment caught my attention...... Ruffed Grouse? That's what I love to hunt.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm retired so no daily, low miles. Running around town, local off road and backcountry drives and as a toad behind my motorhome with whatever adventure that brings

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a DD currently. Will purchase another truck sometime out in the future. But, have already decided that I love the Bronco, and that it's a keeper, so I went ahead and paid it off. Gonna enjoy driving with no payments for a while.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will be my daily driver. Itā€™s only 8 miles to my office and 5 miles to my golf course. Maybe 12,000 per year. I usually donā€™t drive a vehicle more than 3 years, this Bronco may be the exception.