First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just trying to gauge what the 2nd hand market will look like for these in 3-5 yrs. Probably like the Wrangler. But maybe not given the current scarcity. For me personally it is a low mileage cruiser. It will be garaged and probably never have a top on it. I plan on keeping it basically stock with no major/irreversible modifications. The result will eventually be a 20 yr old Bronco with about 50k unmolested miles on it. Please comment and discuss in the thread. No need for any flame jobs.
Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll have around 100k on mine in 10 years.
Daily driver, but my work is 4 miles from my house. I will take it on road trips, camping, etc.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, if that's your thing, go for it. IMHO, car ownership is generally a losing proposition w/ a few exceptions (current times being one). I buy vehicles to drive and enjoy. When I'm ready to move on, they're worth what they're worth. That said, there is always someone who's willing to pay a premium for your 20 year old vehicle w/ 50k unmolested miles. There's no wrong answer.

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
We'll pretty much have a similar mileage pattern. Less than 1K miles per year.
The main driving factors being of being a rustbelt dweller and secondly a lifestyle pattern of "seen it, done it" set the limitations on usage.
Mr and Mrs Bongo Fury -------> Ma and Pa Kettle

Ford Bronco What are your long term plans? 1641738936667

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m under no illusion that I am going to somehow preserve the value in order to sell it some day. It’s not a financial instrument. In fact, I have no plan to ever sell it. It’s a purpose specific vehicle. The bronco is for fun with the kids on sunny days and may very well be given to one of them some day. And to that I end, I will thoroughly enjoy it.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I walk to work but it’ll be a low miles daily driver. Just plan to wheel it like it is, just add some armor and a winch bumper keep the Sasquatch package as is. I’ve wasted and spent way too much $ in the past on off-road vehicles modding them. Getting older now just want to enjoy overlanding and not tear my shit up every weekend and the Bronco fits the bill.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At current driving rate, should be around 120k miles in 10 years. Daily, 25miles Round trip for work, 1-2 1k ski trips to CO and several days annually on logging trails for grouse. Not planning on doing any huge mods either.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My office recently moved. I used to drive 40-mins to work, but now I take the Metro (subway), so it will be an evening and weekend vehicle. Probably will be 20% off road, if I’m lucky.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

little bit of all four choices. right now the daughters car is in the shop so she has the wife's explorer and the Bronco is the wife's daily. That will end within the next week or so and the Bronco will go back in the barn and only be driven occasionally. It will also be towed behind the RV during a couple of vacations. Top will be coming off in April and then it will be a sunny day occasional driver. I'm hoping to keep it 20 years or more.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive the piss out of it. Keep it for at least 20yrs or more.

Secondary market will be either after I am dead or maybe after our daughter is...she loves both the Mustang and Bronco and has expressed interest in getting the Mustang when she is 16 (8 now).

I even made the comment this may be the last new car I buy for myself and I am only 44.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not dying before my Bronco arrives!

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seeing what I was looking for. Not a ton of data here but basically 1 in 5 (or slightly less) are being babied. That’s actually more than I expected and certainly way more than Wranglers, let alone most any other mass produced vehicle out there. It indicates a desire/expectation for collectibility amongst the owners. We’ll see though. 5 years from now ford could be churning out half million units a year and it becomes just another SUV. I hope not. Fords long term plan would be interesting to know (besides do whatever makes us the most money).

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We plan to tour the USA (and Canada if it ever opens back up) and check out all of the off-road terrain we can find. We may drag a small camper along the way. Let POI include Key West, Badlands, Outer Banks, Death Valley, MOAB, those caves in Vermont you can rock crawl thru, the largest ball of twine, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, etc, etc.
Sponsored