HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I tried coming back to the brand. Was super excited about the new Bronco. Ford can't be this incompetent as a company, so I can only assume that it's my fault....It's not you Ford, It's me...

So fellow users, I want your feedback - What did I do wrong?

I placed my reservation on Oct 30, 2020. Yup, I got into what was already a long line (after some hesitation and internal debate about an f150 king ranch) at a medium-large dealer in the greater Houston area. A LOT of folks ahead of me in that line, both nationally and at the dealer (I was number 189 out of what they stated at the time was ~200 allocated vehicle slots ). I procrastinated - I had a 105 reservation number so I expected I'd be waiting...and I still am waiting...and waiting. Then, on 3/16/21 I ordered a Lux Badlands sasquatch hard top with mod steel bumper (several sins). Then I ordered the same vehicle again in October of 21. Now I'm fixing to likely have to re-order for the third time if I can stomach it.

All my family cars were aging when I started this process so I've actually had to purchase 2 new cars in the meantime. One of those vehicles, a plug-in XC90 was custom ordered, built, transported across the Atlantic, and delivered to my dealer - all in under 3 months! This was my understanding of how buying a car was supposed to go. Volvo and Audi have benefitted from Ford's Bronco timeline.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your question? Are you trying to figure out why this is taking so long? There are tons of orders, global supply chain issues, as well as issues with tops, etc. If you want an Volvo or an Audi, cool.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is your first post. Search the forum. You obviously havent read anything here. Your not unique

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry man, but I doubt there‘s that big of a market for a plug in Volvo station wagon/SUV thingy. So, yeah, in the 15 or 20 people who actually wanted one of those, less than 3 months from order to delivery sounds about right.

I kid…. sorta, but seems like every damn person in America wants a Bronco and all at the same time.

But, based on the what, Audi? And a what, Volvo? Doesn’t sound like you were getting the Bronco to actually go Broncoing, so in the end, sounds like you ended up with the cars that you actually needed instead of another impulse Bronco order, so appreciate your recognizing that and exiting the line.

Much obliged! ;)

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
766 Days here. Not sure what your complaining about. Ford did say no more retail orders for MY23 till they build all the orders they have. Sounds like Ford understands your specific frustration.

Hang in there.

OP
OP
HopeHawk76

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
766 Days here. Not sure what your complaining about. Ford did say no more retail orders for MY23 till they build all the orders they have. Sounds like Ford understands your specific frustration.

Hang in there.
You scheduled or built yet? Ford has said a lot of things...

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a few weeks ahead of you and going through the same process unwilling to sacrifice what I wanted knowing this was a long term purchase. I ended up ordering a Wrangler last winter and it was delivered 10 weeks later. At the time I thought it was going to be a hold me over vehicle until the Bronco arrived but I'm at the point where I want to customize it, so I'm starting to think of canceling and waiting a few years. The point is, I understand your frustration but the fact is Ford can't meet the demand for that vehicle right now so you will have to decide to move on to a different model thats available or hold on, worry about a vehicle breaking down and wait.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Requested feedback...

If your are in the financial position to buy two new cars since October of 2020, then you are probably in a financial position that if you really wanted a Bronco, you could call around to dealers and pick one up for a sweet MSRP + gorgeous ADM.

You got in line with 200,000 other people, not just the 200 at your dealer. Even GM recently announced that parts constraints have seriously impacted their ability to complete vehicles.

Many others, myself included, reserved a Bronco before you did and are still waiting.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems Volvo sells about 35k per year. I may have read it wrong.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if this is a sympathy post, if so, you won't receive any from the people on here waiting as well....as long as I have been waiting since my Day 1 Reservation, I could also argue that I have been waiting since I was 11 years old and I got to hop in an old Bronco at a motocross event at night and the driver took me and my dad off roading in the night at the complex back in 1998, and then you could say I wanted one then, and then I saw the prototype and the hype surrounding that and hoping one would come again, then seeing it again over and over in movies like Rampage etc. just waiting and waiting, so no sympathy will ever come from me, my wait spans over 20 years in my reality.

OP
OP
HopeHawk76

HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a few weeks ahead of you and going through the same process unwilling to sacrifice what I wanted knowing this was a long term purchase. I ended up ordering a Wrangler last winter and it was delivered 10 weeks later. At the time I thought it was going to be a hold me over vehicle until the Bronco arrived but I'm at the point where I want to customize it, so I'm starting to think of canceling and waiting a few years. The point is, I understand your frustration but the fact is Ford can't meet the demand for that vehicle right now so you will have to decide to move on to a different model thats available or hold on, worry about a vehicle breaking down and wait.
Yup. This was exactly the spot I was in. I was trying to limp along two extremely old vehicles with serious issues. They had gotten to the point where I was no longer comfortable taking them on long trips so last week I pulled the trigger on a sport sedan to serve as my daily driver/commuter vehicle. I probably should have done it sooner like you did. Hope you're enjoying the Jeep.

I guess my original question was more aimed toward - should I have submitted a second order in 2021 or 2022 and pushed myself to the front of a new line at a higher allocation dealer?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. This was exactly the spot I was in. I was trying to limp along two extremely old vehicles with serious issues. They had gotten to the point where I was no longer comfortable taking them on long trips so last week I pulled the trigger on a sport sedan to serve as my daily driver/commuter vehicle. I probably should have done it sooner like you did. Hope you're enjoying the Jeep.

I guess my original question was more aimed toward - should I have submitted a second order in 2021 or 2022 and pushed myself to the front of a new line at a higher allocation dealer?
Thats difficult to guess whether or not you would've been better off. To tell you the truth, I've seen very few Broncos on the road that weren't the lower end models. I can't imagine you would've been better off unless you were one of those like me that ordered from one of the dealers offering large discounts at the beginning of this.
Sponsored