Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I installed the RTR 5 gallon jerry can mount onto my Hammer Built tailgate reenforcement panel.

This is not suggested or encourage by either RTR or Hammer Built. RTR states that you must use their tailgate mounting system. I did not since I already had the Hammer Built tailgate mount and RTR was out of stock. I also wanted to check how modular the HB mount can be.

I used some 1/4" spacers between the HB plate and the RTR mounting plate. I did not use the RTR optional mounting plate.

Three out of 4 mounting bolts matched the HB bolt pattern. The lower right bolt required me to extend the slot to line up the mounting hole. It was easy to extend the slot being that the plate is aluminum.

Being in California, the air resource board restricts fuel cans with colors other than red. I did want a black can to help it blend in and I will most likely get one outside of California later.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220915_183323
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220915_183410
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220915_183932

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today I installed the RTR 5 gallon jerry can mount onto my Hammer Built tailgate reenforcement panel.

This is not suggested or encourage by either RTR or Hammer Built. RTR states that you must use their tailgate mounting system. I did not since I already had the Hammer Built tailgate mount and RTR was out of stock. I also wanted to check how modular the HB mount can be.

I used some 1/4" spacers between the HB plate and the RTR mounting plate. I did not use the RTR optional mounting plate.

Three out of 4 mounting bolts matched the HB bolt pattern. The lower right bolt required me to extend the slot to line up the mounting hole. It was easy to extend the slot being that the plate is aluminum.

Being in California, the air resource board restricts fuel cans with colors other than red. I did want a black can to help it blend in and I will most likely get one outside of California later.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20220915_183932
Red seems like the right color. Cool rack.

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating between fridge or Yeti type cooler w ice. What made you decide on the fridge?
For me, I just didn't want to deal with ice and soggy food. Now that I went with an ARB Zero, it's been a lot more useful than I thought it would be in my day-to-day driving. Mine is plugged into the accessory port which stays on for an hour after the key is off and I store water and gatorade in it 24/7. It's not often that my drinks aren't cold and readily available.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This soft top window storage bag has been designed specifically for the Bronco and I've been using it for a couple of months now. I wanted to check out it's durability before sharing my video!

So far its been great, both in the Bronco and hanging out in my dining room! There's a link to the product in the video description, but it's also here (and it's on sale right now): https://amzn.to/3S0DTYK

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full Xpel PPF (including door sills) and Xpel Fusion Ceramic Coating on paint, trim, glass, and interior.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  tempImagegE45LC

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are some folks out there swapping the tabs but I wanted to keep my original parts. So yes unfortunately had to order whole louvre assembly. They were $40 a piece x 4. I just called the local dealer and explained what I was looking for and he gave me part #s.​
Super easy to pop vents out and swap using a trim tool. I saw it on YouTube. Here’s the link.​
Please use trim tools and not a screwdriver. You can even see the scarring when they remove it.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  8C5F589D-1B75-48E8-8E6D-ADBEB354BF97

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forgot, I also added rear seat back protectors and a new matching cargo liner as well!
If anyone needs them, the product links are in the video descriptions.

Caresa Cargo Area Liner

Caresa Rear Seat Protectors - 4 Door

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm debating between fridge or Yeti type cooler w ice. What made you decide on the fridge?
Mainly cause I had $1700 burning a hole in my pocket and wanted to try it out. My igloo ice cooler is smaller, lighter and less complicated but not nearly as β€œcool” as the Dometic. It will take about 10,000 years to break even on the cost of ice vs. this setup but once again the β€œcool” factor is off the chart.

It’s not convenient to bring into a hotel, is heavier, can’t really take it out and set next to the camp fire but it is super β€œcool”.

So really I don’t have a great reason other than I wanted one so I bought it as an experiment. This weekend is my first trip (hoteling) and so far it’s working well.

I think the use case though is definitely for more longer trips off grid. I do have a CO trip in the works for next year and this will be a great addition for that trip vice running though ice all the time.