Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mainly cause I had $1700 burning a hole in my pocket and wanted to try it out. My igloo ice cooler is smaller, lighter and less complicated but not nearly as β€œcool” as the Dometic. It will take about 10,000 years to break even on the cost of ice vs. this setup but once again the β€œcool” factor is off the chart.

It’s not convenient to bring into a hotel, is heavier, can’t really take it out and set next to the camp fire but it is super β€œcool”.

So really I don’t have a great reason other than I wanted one so I bought it as an experiment. This weekend is my first trip (hoteling) and so far it’s working well.

I think the use case though is definitely for more longer trips off grid. I do have a CO trip in the works for next year and this will be a great addition for that trip vice running though ice all the time.
Makes sense, I think you made the right choice. The CO trip will be a great adventure.
Sponsored

mohner72

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruuser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped her off at the dear to get the back seat fixed(won't fold down) and the turbo replace.
So I was doing a search regarding Bronco turbo waste gate faults and I came across your comments. I have a 22 Badlands 2.7 which just had a fault and the dealer said it was a β€œWaste gate actuator fault” and it would have to be replaced. How’d yours go and how long did it take? How has it been since?
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  AFD1554E-B896-4713-9396-1736D070A5D7

NormanBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cheese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  334AC20A-F944-4085-9CA8-67B950BFFDE1

Finally got my skid plate. Really ties the room togetherβ€¦πŸ˜Ž

it’s still crazy to me that my whole ass front and rear bumpers came in like a week after I ordered but the skid plate took like 10 weeks lol

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After a long three weeks, finally got the Bronco back after an unfortunate spring perch failure. Now sporting the bilstien 6100's. Be testing them out more today. So far so good!
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PSX_20220916_175947
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PSX_20220916_180013
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PSX_20220916_180132

Bigcat64

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added bartact grab handles, painted beauty rings black, and added script badges that a buddy made for me

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PSX_20220916_180132

I’ve wanted to paint my rings but heard horror stories regarding taking them off and not being able to put them back on due to stripped bolts. Any issues?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve wanted to paint my rings but heard horror stories regarding taking them off and not being able to put them back on due to stripped bolts. Any issues?
It’s hit or miss and more of a miss. Most that had issues was usually 2-3 bolts.

Safest bet would be to go to the dealer and ask them to remove them for you. Tell them a few had cross threaded bolts and you want them to check before you try it. Puts the liability on them Won’t be any confusion then.

If you do try it, just try breaking them loose by hand. Anything that won’t break, take to dealer. Not sure if they will give you crap for trying yourself.

Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was doing a search regarding Bronco turbo waste gate faults and I came across your comments. I have a 22 Badlands 2.7 which just had a fault and the dealer said it was a β€œWaste gate actuator fault” and it would have to be replaced. How’d yours go and how long did it take? How has it been since?
I have the 2.3, they said it takes 2 days to replace the turbo. But the are doing the recalls abs fixing the back seat. I hope to get it back today. Otherwise I can't pick it up until next Friday. Mine was throwing some wast gate error and going into limp mode

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did both vehicles. No issues with me putting them back on. I started each one before tightening any of them. Mine are AMB. Its a bit less obvious without direct light.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  B43FAB0A-7610-4A9A-B229-83CEE8BC6F1F
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  3EB37342-D2D9-4407-839C-1D297D7C9BA3

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  3EB37342-D2D9-4407-839C-1D297D7C9BA3
Also having the same issue. My turbo won’t build boost above 7psi and the blowoff valve doesn’t function at all. Have a appointment Monday morning at the dealership

EAC6C89F-E5EB-40BA-870B-B553F00642D3.png

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all I stole this idea from the Jeep forums…..
I have a soft top and to put it mildly the first time my wife and I took the top off it was a small disaster. I needed a way to be able to take it off myself. My garage is not an option since the roof is only 6’4” and the Bronco can’t fit in there anyway.
we have a second story porch and I thought about mounting a swing arm off the porch with a pulley at the end but I have no welding skills and I couldn’t find a metal fab shop that was willing to help design and fab it for me.
On the Jeep forums I found this solution. Four cam-type tie-downs mounted above the lifting points and then it is just a matter of lifting up on each tie-down until you clear the vehicle.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  4D997F90-B2CA-4B7E-A226-DEA246E13F2D
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  D65DCB5D-3E79-4E04-AD00-81BEEA0956A8

I was worried that putting it back on would be a pain but it went very smooth. I was able to remove and replace the soft top by myself. Maybe 20 minutes to remove and 30 minutes to replace. Those times include the entire process.