Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

initial thoughts on pedal commander?
I can tell a significant difference when it’s on and when it’s off. I really haven’t had a chance to play with it a whole lot though. And when I have I’ve cut it all the way up. It’s a fun little gadget, but I doubt I’ll use it for everyday driving. I’ll have to spend a little more time with it to determine if I got my money’s worth.
Sponsored

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks ok. I’m ONLY gonna do this if I can relocate that control box.
I’m pretty good at wiring but if you could tell me kinda what you bought and how you did that I’d really appreciate it.

Looks so good with that box relocated
@66GT explained it pretty well. For the RC winch, I was able to reuse the positve battery cables (both short and long) but swapped what they were connected to. The negative cable already runs from the winch body to the negative battery terminal so you don’t have to change it. I bought a kit off amazon that came with one 10’ black 2 gauge cable, one 10’ red 2 gauge cable and some battery connector ends. I also bought a battery cable crimping tool (about $25 bucks). I only used about 7-8’ of each cable. Also, these could have been 4 gauge. That’s what actually comes on the RC winch from the factory. 4 gauge would be cheaper and easier to fit through the corner of the fender behind my headlight where I routed all my cables. Another thing I would do differently is to make a pattern off the bottom of the control box to drill your holes with onto the lid of the fuse box (if you put it there). I just kind of sighted it and got one hole off just enough it was a pain. If I had stopped to make a pattern using paper and punching holes in it I could have avoided that. It really wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be. Document what wires connect to what so you can duplicate it with the long cables (even taking a picture will help). It really was a pretty simple relocation.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@66GT explained it pretty well. For the RC winch, I was able to reuse the positve battery cables (both short and long) but swapped what they were connected to. The negative cable already runs from the winch body to the negative battery terminal so you don’t have to change it. I bought a kit off amazon that came with one 10’ black 2 gauge cable, one 10’ red 2 gauge cable and some battery connector ends. I also bought a battery cable crimping tool (about $25 bucks). I only used about 7-8’ of each cable. Also, these could have been 4 gauge. That’s what actually comes on the RC winch from the factory. 4 gauge would be cheaper and easier to fit through the corner of the fender behind my headlight where I routed all my cables. Another thing I would do differently is to make a pattern off the bottom of the control box to drill your holes with onto the lid of the fuse box (if you put it there). I just kind of sighted it and got one hole off just enough it was a pain. If I had stopped to make a pattern using paper and punching holes in it I could have avoided that. It really wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be. Document what wires connect to what so you can duplicate it with the long cables (even taking a picture will help). It really was a pretty simple relocation.
Awesome thanks man. That helps a lot.

And as far as where you put it in the engine bay….? Is it bolted down?

I have a black diamond so I don’t have a front camera….am I still having to relocate some kind of sensor?

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome thanks man. That helps a lot.

And as far as where you put it in the engine bay….? Is it bolted down?

I have a black diamond so I don’t have a front camera….am I still having to relocate some kind of sensor?
If you have the parking sensors you will. If you don’t have those, nothing to do there. The winch mount comes with blanks to fill in the holes. I relocated my control box to the lid of the fuse box. It’s not heavy and you have the room there. You want to make sure you leave enough slack in the cables that you can get your fusebox lid off without problems. Just had to drill the holes and use the original bolts to bolt it on top (I also added some washers to the bolts on the bottom side but you probably have enough room to reuse the mounting bars instead). Some people have installed them on the opposite side of the engine bay closer to the passenger mirror but then you have to make a platform and route all those cables too (probably another 7-8’ for each).

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can tell a significant difference when it’s on and when it’s off. I really haven’t had a chance to play with it a whole lot though. And when I have I’ve cut it all the way up. It’s a fun little gadget, but I doubt I’ll use it for everyday driving. I’ll have to spend a little more time with it to determine if I got my money’s worth.
I have one as well, made a huge difference with my 2.3 MT on 37s.

Sponsored

Jknight

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really excited for this set up. I got the Bronco script logos from BroncoDepot. Got some CNC laser cut thin metal backers and powder coated in blue (really cool slightly metallic) to match the WT trim. Also got a CNC laser cut blue metal backer to match for the rear bucking Bronco logo (which is black on my WT). I got all the stuff last week and put them together. My Bronco is white so will look great. I can’t wait to see these on the Bronco, waiting on shipment now.

Standard script logo with adhesive:
19c532aa-f240-486f-a6cd-0e21a50d8b22-jpeg.jpg

Laser cut script metal powder coated in (slightly) metallic blue to match WT:
45442a87-186b-4a28-a5fd-441b8310ab8e-jpeg.jpg

Finished script logos put together - LOVE THESE!
ce980dc3-f5f2-48ce-9b87-317bd853b66c-jpeg.jpg

97906d57-06aa-4425-89f3-49c6617351a3-jpeg.jpg

Laser cut Bronco for rear (need my Bronco to get hear as I’ll use that black Bronco emblem)
da60bb6d-182f-410a-8e04-6fdf7e56ac4a-jpeg.jpg

What the final Bronco rear emblem will look like once mounted:
35739408-8e3b-471f-a10d-040e591d6c68-jpeg.jpg
Really cool. Anyone selling something like this?

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some of you people are very talented. I'm over here putting on stickers today like this is a toy 😂
Featured: visor warning delete, aux switch labels, Ford emblem tint (Dark smoke LX+) from Stickerfab

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 Screenshot_20220808-231353

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 Screenshot_20220808-231335

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 Screenshot_20220808-231411~2

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 Screenshot_20220808-231428

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 Screenshot_20220808-231302

Last edited:

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I modified and installed this Jeep tailgate table from Bison-Gear. Wanted an inexpensive table with an extension and Molle grate. With international shipping it was $288 delivered.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 93D09076-58F1-42B4-9E21-67ABEA60D5F0
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 8CD0E719-AA3E-4872-813F-F72DA3F9BFE6

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of you people are very talented. I'm over here putting on stickers today like this is a toy 😂
Featured: visor warning delete, aux switch labels, Ford emblem tint (Dark smoke LX+) from Stickerfab

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? 👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠 IMG_3091

How effective is the “Children Mute” switch? I may need to get me one of those…

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How effective is the “Children Mute” switch? I may need to get me one of those…
So far 83% effective.
Sooo, less effective than hyperspace but more effective than missile strikes.

Antoniop428

Outer Banks
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After picking it up yesterday (3/4) From Doggett Ford in Houston Texas and beginning the long drive home, woke up in Lafayette, Louisiana to start day 2. Decided to take the scenic route and stopped off for a while at Oak Alley Plantation and then onward through New Orleans before learning a painful lesson: it is indeed possible to lock your keys in a Bronco less than 24 hours after purchasing.

Continuing after the short lesson on what not to do at a convenience store, found our way through Laurel, MS (HGTV fans might recognize the second picture) and then continued north into Alabama. Staying the night in Gadsden before moving on tomorrow.

Initial impressions:

- Vastly exceeded expectations in all categories so far.

- Don’t worry about the 2.3 with auto. Great combination. Plenty of power.

- Averaging 20.2 MPG so far on mostly interstate driving

- Reports of noise with the hardtop are overrated.

More to come later!

35B2C0CE-E059-4D10-A951-E2252337CB8A.jpeg

7BBF42B3-8B27-4FB9-A1A5-E8A54B1544D6.jpeg
Those fender flares drill into quarter panel or does it just give the look and uses the factory flare locks

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs