Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went about 860 miles in mine yesterday going from TN to the SW corner of MN πŸ€ͺ
Seen two other Broncos on lots and a hand full on the highway
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why are hood struts a thing? What am I missing? It's not like lifting the hood manually is an exertion. Do you guys pop it open once an hour to make sure the engine is still there? :D
Hood struts raise the hood higher. That is my #1 perceived benefit. Another is not having the prop rod in the way.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got a wild hair up my ass and decided to go rambling for a few days on a whim. Today, I found myself on some open road between two different indian reservations and didnt see another car or person for almost two hours, nearly 140 miles. Open highway at 65mph with not one other car on the entire strip of road in either direction! Im happy to report there are still empty stretches of blacktop to be found.

Enjoy the journey. God Bless America! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

20231026_113107.jpg

20231026_114143.jpg
Very nice! I've had a few butt clinching moments when you realize... umm when is the last time you saw a gas station, because I'm at 1/4 of a tank.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got a wild hair up my ass and decided to go rambling for a few days on a whim. Today, I found myself on some open road between two different indian reservations and didnt see another car or person for almost two hours, nearly 140 miles. Open highway at 65mph with not one other car on the entire strip of road in either direction! Im happy to report there are still empty stretches of blacktop to be found.

Enjoy the journey. God Bless America! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

20231026_113107.jpg

20231026_114143.jpg
Looks like a fun adventure! Thanks for sharing!

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added a Maiker molle basket, finally somewhere to clip the radio. It doesn't come with standoffs and it looked like it would crush into the plastic without them so I found some nuts of suitable thickness to go in between.

PXL_20231026_234239716.jpg

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why are hood struts a thing? What am I missing? It's not like lifting the hood manually is an exertion. Do you guys pop it open once an hour to make sure the engine is still there? :D
Some of us actually do a fair amount of under the hood modifications, it's really nice not to have the brace in the way.

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MRT ?? I have MRT and I have zero issues. I also have an ADV hood and MRT was one of the two (Steeda was the other) that would actually work.
First I will say I don’t have experience with afternarket hoods. MRT may work great for them because they may be stronger. My problem with MRT hood struts on a factory hood, is the fact that it mounts at the base of the hood where the hood mounts to the hinge. Because of this, it allows the hood to flex and bend, where it mounts to the hinge, when the hood struts reach full extension. When I installed them on my Bronco it was outside and there was a slight breeze. After they were installed and the hood was open, I could see my hood bouncing at the top or front of the hood and flexing where it mounts to the Hood. In MRT’s video on YouTube, β€œFord Bronco 2021+ MRT Hood Struts Open and Close”, you can see the hood bouncing after it opens on the red bronco, And the bouncing is more severe in real life than it looks in the video. The problem with this flexing or bouncing as we all know what happens when you bend metal back-and-forth overtime. So, if there ever was a problem, it would probably be years down the road before the hood gave out.
The reason I think rough country makes the best hood struts is because where their bracket mounts to the hood it mounts closer to the front of the hood, and each bracket is mounted to the hood with two bolts on each side, making it more sturdy and rigid when it is open, there is no flex or bouncing.
The next reason I chose rough country after having MRT it’s because rough country was less than half the price of MRT.
My problem with MRT as a company is when I called them to try and return their hood struts, I explained exactly why I wasn’t happy with them and their response was you installed them so there’s no returns and there’s nothing else we can do for you.
I just don’t want somebody else to have to spend the money on the product and then find out later they’re not happy with it and can’t return it.

Redline Tuning

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0949

Installed the Yakima platform K. Time consuming, but straightforward.

I went with the TimberLine Towers with SL Adapters, that way it mounts to the rails and not the cross bars.

I have the Badasstents wind deflector in the mail.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a fun adventure! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for fixing the broken vehicle you sold me under warranty, finally.

Would you please send me your VIN and the number for the person that can reset my warranty?

I figure since the brand new badsas 2.7 I pre-ordered and waited 2+ years for failed at 6500 miles, but it took you guys until 11000 to fix it, that we can round it out and yall give me 10k back on my power train waranty.

Care to stand by your work?

Love the vehicle by the way. Great fun when it's running right. Thanks for sharing.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some of us actually do a fair amount of under the hood modifications, it's really nice not to have the brace in the way.
I installed a set myself and boy what a difference when opening the hood.

For around a hundred dollars, and very little labor, you simply can beat them. πŸ˜‰

I would imagine that it would be especially popular w/lifted Broncos, either w/bigger tires, suspensions, or both, being able to go, and both hold the hood open, while at the same time, placing the latch under it.

Then of course, being able to work in the engine compartment w/o the hood latch being in the way.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking at getting the BAM 360 mounts. Did you use the BAM Bronco Bracket? Their site doesn't show the bracket mounted and I was wondering, if that is the actual bracket, does it "float" above the cowl or did you add spacers?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed low profile Nilite flood ditch lites and wired to upfitter switch.
https://a.co/d/cg73cpS
https://a.co/d/5qlw5WB

For $38 all in I could not be happier. Between the Lasfit 32" LED bar and this I am in for $120, less than half what some pay for ditch lights alone. My night off-roading is trail only, very low speeds, so this is more light than I need. Love how low profile they are.

IMO anyone considering the purchase of a Bronco should insist on the AUX switches, they make your life so much easier for lights, cameras, etc.

STP8_20231028_121750704.jpg

STP8_20231028_121802392.jpg
Sponsored