Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put the doors back on. :confused:

Had them off since March but it has been to cold in the morning for the family to ride with so finally gave in.

PXL_20231125_210152566.jpg
Nice wheels πŸ‘
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put the doors back on. :confused:

Had them off since March but it has been to cold in the morning for the family to ride with so finally gave in.

PXL_20231125_210152566.jpg
I’m going to have to live vicariously through you. I can’t get used to not having doors on the freeway with traffic.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swapped out the Hammerbuilt setup for the Turn Offroad one.
Nothing wrong with the HB, I am quite impressed by it.
I just needed something that replaced the stock hinges and was a complete system that is going to handle what I throw at it in the future.
Impressed with the Turn system so far, have their adjustable carrier inbound.
I like the fact the gate just becomes an β€œaccessory” bolted to the reinforcement. All of the stress and weight is on the reinforcement and hinges with their setup.
The unpainted areas where the stock hinges were will be addressed. Not a huge deal but with the capability of fixing it and the paint on a shelf, no reason not to.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0281

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0282

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got a jack that is tall enough for when t
Swapped out the Hammerbuilt setup for the Turn Offroad one.
Nothing wrong with the HB, I am quite impressed by it.
I just needed something that replaced the stock hinges and was a complete system that is going to handle what I throw at it in the future.
Impressed with the Turn system so far, have their adjustable carrier inbound.
I like the fact the gate just becomes an β€œaccessory” bolted to the reinforcement. All of the stress and weight is on the reinforcement and hinges with their setup.
The unpainted areas where the stock hinges were will be addressed. Not a huge deal but with the capability of fixing it and the paint on a shelf, no reason not to.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0282

Mine is sitting in the garage still in the box!!
Thinking of installing this weekend.
Any tips?
I have the adjustable tire carrier as well so that will go on as well.

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Any tips?
Mine will be delivered this Friday! Just in time for 37s going on Saturday

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any tips?
tips…best thing is keep their install video paused.
Hands-on advice:
Once you get the trim panels off and harness disconnected from behind the passenger cargo panel and inside the gate:
-mark your factory hinges with a pencil before you loosen a single bolt.
-shut the gate fully.
-Loosen your factory hinges with the gate closed and swing them out of the way.
-grab the gate by the handle and under the passenger bottom edge, open it carefully and lift it up and out. Place to the side on a blanket or something.
-remove factory hinges.
-Install Turn hinges, making sure they both sit level and line up with your marks.
-Tighten but not torqued down hard.
-Install their carrier onto those hinges. It’s a tight fit. Lining up the top first helped me.
-install the big bolts and hand tighten.
-swing it out of the way.
-pick up your gate, install and latch it.
-get some good cardboard and fold it for the bottom gap, single thickness or double for thin stuff for the sides.
-even it all up like you like it by adding/removing.
-swing the carrier to the gate and install the main bolts (8) first, then the hinge bolts (x4).
If you still like what you see with gaps, tighten them all down.
-Open gate, fully tighten the 4 hinge bolts.
-close the gate and double check your gaps.
If happy, continue with the putting everything back together in the order you took it apart.

I had my 21 yr old son helping as it is beefy and the only help really needed (or I guess really appreciated) was to line up the reinforcement with the hinges. He picked up on the far end and wiggled as I watched and guided.
But one could feasibly do it alone without a Jack if needed.
It’s not hard, the hardest part for me being the unfastening of the harness behind the cargo panel. Mainly because I have the security enclosure and didn’t want to add an extra 1.5 hours to remove and reinstall it in 40 degree weather…so I struggled for a bit and skinned up my wrist and arm.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

tips…best thing is keep their install video paused.
Hands-on advice:
Once you get the trim panels off and harness disconnected from behind the passenger cargo panel and inside the gate:
-mark your factory hinges with a pencil before you loosen a single bolt.
-shut the gate fully.
-Loosen your factory hinges with the gate closed and swing them out of the way.
-grab the gate by the handle and under the passenger bottom edge, open it carefully and lift it up and out. Place to the side on a blanket or something.
-remove factory hinges.
-Install Turn hinges, making sure they both sit level and line up with your marks.
-Tighten but not torqued down hard.
-Install their carrier onto those hinges. It’s a tight fit. Lining up the top first helped me.
-install the big bolts and hand tighten.
-swing it out of the way.
-pick up your gate, install and latch it.
-get some good cardboard and fold it for the bottom gap, single thickness or double for thin stuff for the sides.
-even it all up like you like it by adding/removing.
-swing the carrier to the gate and install the main bolts (8) first, then the hinge bolts (x4).
If you still like what you see with gaps, tighten them all down.
-Open gate, fully tighten the 4 hinge bolts.
-close the gate and double check your gaps.
If happy, continue with the putting everything back together in the order you took it apart.

I had my 21 yr old son helping as it is beefy and the only help really needed (or I guess really appreciated) was to line up the reinforcement with the hinges. He picked up on the far end and wiggled as I watched and guided.
But one could feasibly do it alone without a Jack if needed.
It’s not hard, the hardest part for me being the unfastening of the harness behind the cargo panel. Mainly because I have the security enclosure and didn’t want to add an extra 1.5 hours to remove and reinstall it in 40 degree weather…so I struggled for a bit and skinned up my wrist and arm.
Awesome, thank you for the information!!
I will be by myself so was a little concerned.
Good thing is it will be warm in my garage!!!!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I wanted his help as an excuse to get him out of the house and spending time with him turning wrenches.
It did come in handy but my motive was just spending the time.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FINALLY got my ASFIR fuel tank skid installed...

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1701228439869

...but didn't get the transfer case skid bolted up, as it looks as if I need to take a die grinder to a couple holes.

Unfortunately, it needs to be off anyway, as I discovered what appears to be a slow leak from the xfer case.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1701228488091

Off to book a dealer visit we go...

I did the 2 inch foam at the beginning of the summer. Every soft top owner should do this. It helps greatly with the heat and the road noise.
Interesting. Is there a thread showing this or the install process? Maybe I'm just dense but having trouble picturing how it installs.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting. Is there a thread showing this or the install process? Maybe I'm just dense but having trouble picturing how it installs.
If you have a Bimini, bikini, mesh shade, or whatever, then flip your top back (maybe all the way to the top of the tailgate if necessary), lay a mattress topper on top of your Bronco, trim to fit, then put the top back up, trim some more if necessary to get everything to latch. The topper will just be sandwiched between the soft top and your shade.

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate the tips! I'm in the same boat and will be working solo. My son flew the coupe a few years ago and I doubt the wife will help. Good luck! @Tor148 and thanks again @broadicustomworks

Jwells104

Wildtrak
First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Inspired by the Bronco Fishing Concept from awhile back and installed the @BA OffRoad half rack and a small platform. Have to be ready for the upcoming holiday trips and trips to Big Bend!

Best thing, there is only a minimal low frequency hum at high speeds. Put the radio on 5 and nothing.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_5005
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_5001
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_4998

Last edited: