Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

installed the Grimm off-road twin arb on board air, pain in the rear to install as it's a real tight fit, but happy with the final product. Wired up to aux switch 6 and discarded the supplied switch
PXL_20240419_233459388.jpg
PXL_20240419_233502916.jpg

the 2.3l engine has a slightly different install with the stock tower bracket which (per their suggestion I added zip ties to avoid metal and metal rubbing
PXL_20240419_233513462~2.jpg

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

installed the Grimm off-road twin arb on board air, pain in the rear to install as it's a real tight fit, but happy with the final product. Wired up to aux switch 6 and discarded the supplied switch
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240419_233513462~2
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240419_233513462~2

the 2.3l engine has a slightly different install with the stock tower bracket which (per their suggestion I added zip ties to avoid metal and metal rubbing
Nice work!

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went to the dealer to see about the Ford Pass issue showing the bronco in Dearborn... no luck there, but the parts gal, an acquaintance of ours, had a new coffee mug for.my wife... she's had one like it and my wife commented every time we saw her, so she ordered one for my wife! Color matching...

20240419_190638.jpg

20240419_190641.jpg

Sponsored

TKE_273

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi Allroad, Lowered on KW Coilovers
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got her a little dirty on the off road course at the @Diode Dynamics Open house!

Also took a tour of the Diode Dynamics facility and must say, it's one hell of an impressive operation with so much of the engineering and design, manufacturing, research, testing, etc done in house right here in Missouri.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000009176

Photo Cred to Garrick Vanderwall from Diode Dynamics.

Sponsored
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜22 2.3L Non-Sasquatch Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did these stereo and forscan updates over the last week. My Bronco has the base 6 speaker stereo, with no subwoofer.

I already installed Mabbet 6.5in pods in the rear a few months back. Those are loaded with Infinity Reference coaxial drivers. I sealed all openings from the inside with duct seal and aluminum tape. 1/4in thick hydrophobic Nomex felt was bonded to the rear inner surface of the pods to eliminate some of the high frequency diffraction.

In the front I installed JBL Club 64CSQ components. The woofers fit great with the supplied adapter rings. I added a PSA backed polyethylene foam gasket to the back of the adapter ring to reduce the kick panel cavity leakage as much as possible. I still need to go back and seal up the foam gasket that I used to get my woofer lead from the crossover to the kick panel cavity.

I ran the tweeter signal from the crossover up to the dash using some CL2 Monoprice speaker cable that I had left over from some home audio projects. To fit the JBL silk done tweeters in the stock location I had to fabricate some adapter plates. I’ve had some carbon fiber sheets that I snagged from R&D at work during a clean up in my garage for years, so I traced the existing full range outline onto that sheet and cut it out with a saw.

After initial set up I was impressed with the new sound, but the sound just seemed to be much stronger on the right side. I removed and swapped the old woofer back in multiple times, reverted and re-reverted Forscan changes, before finally realizing that I had the tweeter out going to the woofer and the woofer out going to the tweeter πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ.

Once everything was properly connected, the sound is significantly improved. The stereo separation, imaging, clarity, and overall volume are vastly improved. I haven’t gone on the highway with no top yet, but it’s hard to imagine needing more volume than this. Deep bass is still lacking, but rock and metal sound very good through this system.

Forscan was updated to remove the rear EQ. I also set all speakers to β€œspeaker.” Turned off double honk, added Bambi mode, and added two click panic button while I was in there.

I still plan to add a Clarion 5 Chanel amp to get some headroom on the speaker channels and let me add either a smaller sub in the stock location or build my own swing gate sub to use some vintage Sony Mobil ES 12” drivers that I had in my old 4Runner build.

I also picked up this KidTrax Bronco for my son’s 4th birthday. I’m thinking about trying to find some color matched paint to make it Cactus Gray. Might upgrade the stereo too, if I have enough time before his birthday.

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_2569.jpeg

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The snow is finally melting so it was time to pull the studded snow tires off. Slapped the factory Goodyears on for the 3rd season. Rolled 15,555.5 miles while making sure all the TPMS sensors would wake up after 6 months sleeping. Another month or two I can think about top off weather πŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240420_192232

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240421_085241

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240421_085155
Sponsored