Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did these stereo and forscan updates over the last week. My Bronco has the base 6 speaker stereo, with no subwoofer.

I already installed Mabbet 6.5in pods in the rear a few months back. Those are loaded with Infinity Reference coaxial drivers. I sealed all openings from the inside with duct seal and aluminum tape. 1/4in thick hydrophobic Nomex felt was bonded to the rear inner surface of the pods to eliminate some of the high frequency diffraction.

In the front I installed JBL Club 64CSQ components. The woofers fit great with the supplied adapter rings. I added a PSA backed polyethylene foam gasket to the back of the adapter ring to reduce the kick panel cavity leakage as much as possible. I still need to go back and seal up the foam gasket that I used to get my woofer lead from the crossover to the kick panel cavity.

I ran the tweeter signal from the crossover up to the dash using some CL2 Monoprice speaker cable that I had left over from some home audio projects. To fit the JBL silk done tweeters in the stock location I had to fabricate some adapter plates. I’ve had some carbon fiber sheets that I snagged from R&D at work during a clean up in my garage for years, so I traced the existing full range outline onto that sheet and cut it out with a saw.

After initial set up I was impressed with the new sound, but the sound just seemed to be much stronger on the right side. I removed and swapped the old woofer back in multiple times, reverted and re-reverted Forscan changes, before finally realizing that I had the tweeter out going to the woofer and the woofer out going to the tweeter πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ.

Once everything was properly connected, the sound is significantly improved. The stereo separation, imaging, clarity, and overall volume are vastly improved. I haven’t gone on the highway with no top yet, but it’s hard to imagine needing more volume than this. Deep bass is still lacking, but rock and metal sound very good through this system.

Forscan was updated to remove the rear EQ. I also set all speakers to β€œspeaker.” Turned off double honk, added Bambi mode, and added two click panic button while I was in there.

I still plan to add a Clarion 5 Chanel amp to get some headroom on the speaker channels and let me add either a smaller sub in the stock location or build my own swing gate sub to use some vintage Sony Mobil ES 12” drivers that I had in my old 4Runner build.

I also picked up this KidTrax Bronco for my son’s 4th birthday. I’m thinking about trying to find some color matched paint to make it Cactus Gray. Might upgrade the stereo too, if I have enough time before his birthday.
Forscan changes work for the audio of 2022 models now?! Woohoo! I made those changes about 2 years ago when I got mine and noticed no difference in the audio.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜22 2.3L Non-Sasquatch Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forscan changes work for the audio of 2022 models now?! Woohoo! I made those changes about 2 years ago when I got mine and noticed no difference in the audio.
I definitely noticed quite a difference in the rear speaker output when I turned the EQ off. I used the fader to check the rears before and after. The low end was improved significantly. I still feel like the sound output is somehow diminished compared to the front speakers. Could just be due to the larger cavity of the kick panel vs the Mabbett pods. Or it could just be simply due to the distance difference from the speaker to listening position.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SVC 2" perch collar lift. edit: 1" Titan wheel spacers.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240405_153811d

Last edited:

Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Skyrider install, now that winter is over. Wow. Wish I would have done this sooner. The convenience is unmatched, no need to store the front panels, and I really have not noticed significant increase in wind noise, whether top is open or closed. Thanks @Bestop_Team! Install was super easy.

And, Frank needed some slight cosmetic changes. Heritage Spear and Bronco Script from @Underground Graphics. Thanks guys! Install was a breeze, and everyone loves the look.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240405_153811d

Looks great! I have my Sunrider on order with tentative arrival of May. THanks for your positive feedback! I took the front two panels off mine for the first time. IT wasn't bad, but the sunrider will make this so much easier!

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the Hammer Built Tailgate Reinforcement and RotoPax mount for my hunting dogs water supply.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_8021.JPG
Did you swap out the hardware that connects the plate to the tailgate? Mine came with Allen head bolts, I was going to swap them out so they looked the same as the ones that the accessory plate attaches with.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you swap out the hardware that connects the plate to the tailgate? Mine came with Allen head bolts, I was going to swap them out so they looked the same as the ones that the accessory plate attaches with.
No, mine came with all hex head bolts. Unfortunately, they were too short at 30 mm for the hinges but I had some 8 X 40 mm SS hex head's which did the job. With the bushings/plate thickness, I do not believe that 35 mm would have been long enough to provide enough thread engagement. I changed out all of the RotoPax mounts to SS as well.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Opens wallet. Sigh.
Yeah, the M2M tailgate limiter is spendy but I had to do it for the Hammer Built RotoPax mount. However, the machining is "excellent".

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice any difference in the handling?
Ride is just a little bit firmer and more confidence inspiring when you hit bumps in the middle of off camber curves at highway speeds. Most noticeable is the reduction in brake dive. It is a little closer to the experience in my wife's stock Colorado ZR2, although the Bilsteins are not as sophisticated as the DSSVs on the ZR2.

Last edited:

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Used ForScan for 1st time ever and Turned on Sport Mode to my g.o.a.t Settings on my "22", 2Door, 2.7, Lux, BadSquatch😎
Sponsored