Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

tough to get fully tightened with those protective pocket washers. It felt like when the bolt got most of the way tight there was a clearance issue due to the lack of space between the bolt head and the washer.
I just installed the ASFIR transmission skid and ran into same issue. The pocket washer isn’t wide enough to get a socket in and get the bolt tight. They would be fine for 15mm bolts but not 17mm. I don’t think even a thin wall Snap-On socket would fit. I am going to contact ASFIR to see if they have larger pocket washer.
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed a BAMF winch bumper with a Warn EVO 10S winch. I had to unwrap parking sensor harness at passenger inner sensor to be able to fit/lengthen harness onto BAMF bumper. I did not have ACC to relocate. I installed Warn controller under hood using BAMF bracket relocation kit. Due to hood insulation, i had to invert controller and the isolation relay also got moved down lower on the plate. I connected isolation relay to Aux 4 up-fitter switch. I used my engine hoist to lift bumper/winch assembly into position. I moved the Diode Dynamic 3 light kit from Modular OEM bumper and had to make brackets to get the 2 smaller lights mounted as stacked assembly Due to outer parking sensor. BAMF bumper is really beefy and relatively low profile, i like the way it fit.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9485
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9449

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_9432

CitrusBronco

Everglades
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former 72 & 73 Bronco driver, f250 7.3 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Put up a new flagpole today, let’s not forget this Memorial weekend all those we have lost and who gave their everything for what we have today.
Also installed a new prerunner bar so I can put some lights up front.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  8554E2ED-391D-469D-BA60-598721556782
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1A6DC870-E95E-43B5-B287-0B9D2141BCF1

Swiftblaze

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Took the front two top pieces off and enjoyed some sun while cruising up A1A along the coast. A bit hot this weekend but fun nonetheless!
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0871
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_0872

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I washed it and filed a claim on my windshield, it'll get replaced next week.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240525_192958
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240525_193203

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally saw what it was like to ride with both panels off (couldn’t do it with the factory roof rack) but since I needed to lift the top a smidge to get the M2M attic shelf installed it was a perfect opportunity. Also used it to install the iag cabin lights.

IMG_0666.jpeg
IMG_0739.jpeg

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Product must be flying out the door at Mountains2Metal. I too installed their attic shelf. It holds all my recover gear. I like it a lot.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240524_105140

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240524_105140

I really want one of these, but I have an early 21' build without the rivnuts. The moment M2M releases their Rivnut template or guide I'm placing my order.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, I like that attic shelf. My problem is having the 21, I do not have the holes, and I am wondering just how hard it would be to add them. It would be a great place to store the recovery ropes and such, and my jumper cables.

Another consideration, I will have my Slant back hardtop soon, so I wonder if the angle of that top will affect this shelf placement...
I know that at least one of Mountains2Metal's test broncos was a 21' where they retrofitted the rivnuts in. I am very curious how difficult that process was, because I'm in your same boat.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since the town is busy this weekend, we went where hardly anyone else goes. First to the Anticline which overlooks Hurrah Pass and the Chicken Corners trail, and then we went exploring. Found a point (on a legal trail) that had no tracks. We may have been the first people to visit the point this spring. It has a 270 degree view of the Canyonlands area and the Green River. A great place for lunch and a spectacular view.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 1
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 2
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 3
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 4

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
KBD flares installed.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 4
Looks like you were able to get the corners to line up better than mine.

I'm looking at taking mine off and replacing the tape with a stronger option. I think it is partially my fault for trying to install them when it was a little too cold, but some of my corners have peeled up.

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ASFIR........installed the Transmission, T-Case, Crossmember, and Fuel Tank. Total weight is 52 lbs and great for me because of the MC/Salt brine they throw during the winter. Big plus was not having to strap up the tank to install the fuel tank skid plate and there is less than 1/4 inch between the tank and skid.
I've been looking for a lower weight "light to medium duty" skid setup for my Big Bend and this looks like it may be a perfect fit. Definitely like the idea of aluminum skids as I live in Michigan.

May I ask how much you have into the underbody protection?
Sponsored