Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why so soon and why so often? I always do it around 100k on my other trucks, but like to hear other opinions.
Soooo, it all started with this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/change-driveline-fluids-early.83929/
The FE is for rock crawling and I drive it pretty hard in the trails. I am putting it on Portals and, and, and lol. I am plaining to keep both for a LONG time so I want to be ahead of any problems especially with the stress I am putting on it.
The Braptor I take on high speed off road tracks and off road runs, plus it is my daily and I am not easy on it!!! So on and off it is getting a work out and I hope to keep this for a long time. I am not the greatest on maintaince but with these two I am making an effort to hopefully have them last.
I know it is probably over kill but if it prolongs the life or shows a problem early, the little bit of money for the fluid will be worth it.
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soooo, it all started with this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/change-driveline-fluids-early.83929/
The FE is for rock crawling and I drive it pretty hard in the trails. I am putting it on Portals and, and, and lol. I am plaining to keep both for a LONG time so I want to be ahead of any problems especially with the stress I am putting on it.
The Braptor I take on high speed off road tracks and off road runs, plus it is my daily and I am not easy on it!!! So on and off it is getting a work out and I hope to keep this for a long time. I am not the greatest on maintaince but with these two I am making an effort to hopefully have them last.
I know it is probably over kill but if it prolongs the life or shows a problem early, the little bit of money for the fluid will be worth it.
Thanks. I agree. Fluids are relatively cheap and changing it definitely helps identify problems early.

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s been a few days but I finally installed my AAL tailgate mount for the single ARB compressor. Install was pretty straightforward but time consuming. Instead of using the 12v from the rear outlet I ran a wire along the same path as the power wire to connect to Aux 5 for the compressor.
Very pleased with this setup since there isn’t a good way my to mount the twin under the hood with the 3.0L. It pairs nicely with the Thor’s Lightning hose kit.
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› 1703795707008

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, they made a run of raptor rails.
Hey Tye - Did you end up installing this? I’m a little torn between the smooth and picatinny version. Did you purchase any archetype balls for the rail? Visually, I prefer the smooth, but I feel like the balls sit lower on the picatinny rail, or is it just me?

Is the code orange a match to fords code orange?

Thanks!

abcarswell

Raptor
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2021 F250, 2009 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First mod to the Wifes Braptor. Replaced the third brakelight with a Suparee (Amazon) spare tire light so I could improve the rear visibility. It was advertised as β€œplug and play” which may be true for standard Broncos but not Raptors. I used splice connectors to tap into the original plug harness as I did not want to cut it in case I ever need to reinstall the stock light. I had to open up the hole in the middle and drill holes so the screws could keep the light attached if the spare tire is removed. Other than those mods, I’m happy overall with the improvement
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_1917
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_1920
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_1921
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_1923

Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First mod to the Wifes Braptor. Replaced the third brakelight with a Suparee (Amazon) spare tire light so I could improve the rear visibility. It was advertised as β€œplug and play” which may be true for standard Broncos but not Raptors. I used splice connectors to tap into the original plug harness as I did not want to cut it in case I ever need to reinstall the stock light. I had to open up the hole in the middle and drill holes so the screws could keep the light attached if the spare tire is removed. Other than those mods, I’m happy overall with the improvement
That looks good. The rear brake light is obtrusive on the Braptor and I was thinking of the same mod, but then I realized I don't give a sh*t what's behind me.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FORSCANed

Disable Double Horn Honk when exiting running vehicle
Disable driver & passenger seatbelt chimes
Keyfob Panic Button (2 clicks)
Disables Triple Ding at Start up
Stereo Equalizer (remove all EQ)
Disable door ajar chime
Enable Fog Lights with High beams
Windows all up/down with key fob

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Tinted tails…
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› D463D9CD-C12C-42AB-BE1A-BE2E52D30421

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FORSCANed

Disable Double Horn Honk when exiting running vehicle
Disable driver & passenger seatbelt chimes
Keyfob Panic Button (2 clicks)
Disables Triple Ding at Start up
Stereo Equalizer (remove all EQ)
Disable door ajar chime
Enable Fog Lights with High beams
Windows all up/down with key fob

Man, who did this for you? Yourself?

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Man, who did this for you? Yourself?
Yes, it's very easy. I borrowed a buddies computer/cable/Forscan since getting Forscan to run on a Mac appears to be a huge hassle. Just read the main Forscan thread and link to the Google spreadsheet. And, of course, make a backup before you start modding.

Sponsored

raptor260

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, it's very easy. I borrowed a buddies computer/cable/Forscan since getting Forscan to run on a Mac appears to be a huge hassle. Just read the main Forscan thread and link to the Google spreadsheet. And, of course, make a backup before you start modding.
Would you share what sheet you worked from, I tried disabling the seat beat on my BRaptor with no luck. This is the sheet I found,
Thank You

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would you share what sheet you worked from, I tried disabling the seat beat on my BRaptor with no luck. This is the sheet I found,
That looks like the Google Sheet from the post here. Which chime were you not able to eliminate? Some of them get reduced to a single or shorter period rather than eliminating.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well not what I did but... PPF, full wrap, all edges wrapped. Gloss XPEL SunTek plus Satin XPEL SunTek on the fenders.

Helps explain the high cost (labor) in such a job. So much dis/reassembly. Done by Modern Image, San Diego.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› PXL_20240105_221457669
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› PXL_20240105_221424053
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› PXL_20240105_221400382
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› PXL_20240105_221655052

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Going thru annual fix damage. Replaced a messed up flare from running stock tires offset. Back to new.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› 1000003215

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well not what I did but... PPF, full wrap, all edges wrapped. Gloss XPEL plus Satin XPEL on the fenders.

Helps explain the high cost (labor) in such a job. So much dis/reassembly. Done by Moden Image, San Diego.

did the matte PPF change the look of the flares at all?
Sponsored