Sponsored

What do you think of my potential build?

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm considering ordering a Bronco. Never owned one before so I'm curious what the community thinks about my potential build. Anything you think I'll regret, or something I should consider adding?
Admittedly, the Bronco will be driven on the pavement most of the time. I do live in Colorado though and some 14er trail heads and dispersed camping sites are kind of sketchy. Need something a little more capable than my car-based cross-over. Anyway, here goes:

OBX - velocity blue exterior, gray/navy leather/vinyl seats​
2.7L​
Rear locker​
High/Lux​
Tow package​
Hard top​
Modular front bumper​
Steel fender flares​
  1. I know I lose fog lights with the modular bumper, but I like the look of the bumper better. Will I regret not getting the AUX switches with this bumper?
  2. I dislike the stock fender flares with the body paint color. I like the look of the black ones better. Will they look ridiculous without the SAS package?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I just got my OBX a week ago. 2.7, Hard Top, SAS, Aux switches bust I just got the basic bumpers because I ordered aftermarket steel bumpers with light bars in them. They are due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm also going the have the beauty rings powder coated black next week but here is a pic as of today...i did change the badging on it..I love it so far

20240319_161835.jpg
Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Get Aux Switches, use them to trigger a triple fog pocket setup.

As a non squatch owner, I could not careless for what fender others have. Make sure your stance is right, and you’re fine.

We ain’t here to judge who has what, but seriously. Whatever you do, don’t do 33” rims.

IMG_6066.jpeg
IMG_6065.jpeg
WTF?? Who would do that? It looks absolutely ridiculous. Hahaha

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aux yes.

For your use rear lockers are not needed but like the aux switchea they don't cost that much from the factory but are expensive to add after the fact. Drove an LSD Wrangler through the CA and AZ deserts for 10 years and missed the locker only once.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That was actually the concept vehicle for the Outer banks trim. Looks silly without the color matching door handles.
The vehicle is fine. It’s the wheels and tires that are absurd. I hate that look of all rim of and an inch of tire. It’s the most idiotic look ever! It’s looks prison any vehicle.
Sponsored