Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are times when I start my Bronco and things just aren't working correctly. I know that there's a key combination (power with fast forward button I believe), That's supposed to do something.

Basically I'm looking for a warm reboot... I just want everything to reset and come back up, I don't want any of my settings or configurations to be changed.

Just kind of hard to pull over, shut the Bronco down, wait 10 minutes, and then start it back up to fix any issues.
Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are times when I start my Bronco and things just aren't working correctly. I know that there's a key combination (power with fast forward button I believe), That's supposed to do something.

Basically I'm looking for a warm reboot... I just want everything to reset and come back up, I don't want any of my settings or configurations to be changed.

Just kind of hard to pull over, shut the Bronco down, wait 10 minutes, and then start it back up to fix any issues.
The Power/Fast Forward button is a warm reboot. Doesn't reset anything. It is like doing a Control Alt Delete to restart your PC or holding the volume and power button on your iphone to reboot it.

No settings are lost and you can do it while driving

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What BB said...There's one place I drive where I lose connectivity for a moment and have to reboot.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Power/Fast Forward button is a warm reboot. Doesn't reset anything. It is like doing a Control Alt Delete to restart your PC or holding the volume and power button on your iphone to reboot it.

No settings are lost and you can do it while driving
Sweet! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What BB said...There's one place I drive where I lose connectivity for a moment and have to reboot.
Yeah for me it's sometimes the AT&t cell. I have found that if I'm out of cell range when I start up, it's like the things that rely on cell (Nav, Alexa) just give up and never try to reconnect.

So sometimes I'm on a road trip where I'm driving a couple hours coming from BFE, And unless I want to pull over and wait a while, I just have to live on the trip home with none of that stuff.

Next time I'll try the power fast forward and see if that fixes it!

Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had to do this reboot several times!! Crazy how many times I just have a black screen 📺

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah for me it's sometimes the AT&t cell. I have found that if I'm out of cell range when I start up, it's like the things that rely on cell (Nav, Alexa) just give up and never try to reconnect.

So sometimes I'm on a road trip where I'm driving a couple hours coming from BFE, And unless I want to pull over and wait a while, I just have to live on the trip home with none of that stuff.

Next time I'll try the power fast forward and see if that fixes it!
I know it's a cell tower interference....they don't have a sign on it to tell me who! And I wonder why? Above my pay grade....

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have a radio internet provider here in the Central Valley. Whenever I drive past one of their towers, Carplay goes crazy - sometimes the screen just freezes and it stuck, sometimes it will disconnect and Sync will restart Carplay ok, sometimes it won't and it will just kick over to AM radio.

But it's always those radio towers.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My startup animation just decided to disappear. I did the warm reboot and it still didnt come back. Assuming I might have to disconnect the battery to see if that resolves it. If not, I guess Im going to my dealership. Yay..

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My startup animation just decided to disappear. I did the warm reboot and it still didnt come back. Assuming I might have to disconnect the battery to see if that resolves it. If not, I guess Im going to my dealership. Yay..
I’ve fixed a variety of problems with a 15 minute battery time-out!

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve fixed a variety of problems with a 15 minute battery time-out!
Oh, a 15 min time-out? I pulled the battery for two min and Sync is still wonky. I might have do so for a longer period of time then.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, a 15 min time-out? I pulled the battery for two min and Sync is still wonky. I might have do so for a longer period of time then.
Oh yeah... The Bronco lives long after You shut it off!

I've heard things like unhooking the battery and then turning on the headlights or pressing the start button or something like that to try to get it to suck out the last of the power.

Pita

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious, for you all with rampant issues maybe try to opt out of all the shared data and communication stuff in the infotainment settings. See if it makes a difference. If you don't have 100% of them enabled it will show you a warning about loss of features on every startup but I don't mind.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh yeah... The Bronco lives long after You shut it off!

I've heard things like unhooking the battery and then turning on the headlights or pressing the start button or something like that to try to get it to suck out the last of the power.

Pita
Interesting. Ok, I'll unhook the battery for 15 and try something of that nature to see if Sync will reapond accordingly. Right now it's now responding after a two min power drain.
Sponsored