Sponsored

What does today's announcement mean for 2 door buyers ?

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From Bronco Nation forum -

“He told me he was going to have his GSM make some phone calls and see if there’s chatter of 2dr soft tops, or what the plan is for 2dr’s. When he called back he told me not to switch. Said his GSM talked to a Ford rep in the know, and that Ford bought out their hard drop contractor (Webasto?) and that the plan was to focus on the 2dr MIC tops, and that’s where the bulk of the MIC tops would be going (2drs) moving forward, since the 4dr has the soft top option.”

“FWIW I believe Ford has enough mic top capacity for FE, WT and 2 Door Broncos they are going to build for MY21. They do not have enough 4 Door Mic Tops to run MAP at full capacity. A res. holder who has a 4 door Bronco with a Mic Top on order could see a Build identical to their build at their Dealer with a soft top for sale while they are still waiting for their Mic Top build..”

“If every thing goes right 50,000 plus Broncos will be built between now and the end of the year. They have allotted just short of 7000 FEs for MY21. Ford Knows how many 2 Door Broncos and WT are going to be built for MY21, Ford is not sharing that info. Ford is sharing they do not have enough MIC Tops for the 4 Door so that Map can run at full Production. Map will run at full speed and is telling 4 Door res. Holders to consider changing their order from a Mic to a soft top so they can build their order before Dealer stock. I did hear that early 2 Door Res Holders should hear something soon on the other web site, and this person has been very accurate. Good Luck.”

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a July 13 9:46pm EST rez. Locked in a 2 door BaseSquatch originally had. 7/26 build date but got moved up by a month once. It’s on the the truck for delivery to my dealer, probably by the end of this week. I think the ordeal with the tops allowed a window for some 2 doors to move ahead? I’m not really sure.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the rumors that have been floating around here about a potential redesign of 4 door tops to correct issues with the roof rack on Sas 4 doors it kind of makes sense that Ford would want to avoid MIC 4 door builds. It would mean that they would likely have to have multiple roof rack options and carry one just for a single model year.
With the vehicles that have been delivered so far there does seem to be a fairly high number of two doors when you think about how we were all told that they were a constraint. There are definitely more than I was expecting to see.

I'm trying really hard not to get too optimistic about getting my 2 door any time soon. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't be worried. Even the lowest target I've seen for MY21 production should be enough to cover day 1 reservations who converted their orders on time and didn't opt to 99 for late availability options.

We'll have a good idea in the next 2 weeks how August scheduling is being stacked.
Wonder how it'll play out for us who WERE gonna wait for a MY22 but recently changed to priority code 10. Rez date still holds water I hope!
Sponsored