Sponsored

What does today's announcement mean for 2 door buyers ?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lower half meaning I'm number 40 of 105. So upper half or however we want to say Im closer to the front than the end. :)
I believe only a very few number of units have actually been scheduled, probably less the 25% of reservations, you’re about at 40%, I’m sure it will happen for you soon!
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Entitlement? Ford made the rules and than broke their own rules. There’s no entitlement to be annoyed with their bullshit.
It’s funny how two people in the same situation see things completely different..fascinating! lol (and us Canucks don’t even get those precious emails)

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How well do you know your dealer?
Fairly well, I’m sure he gave the priority to his wife’s build but I don’t know for sure. I’m a 19🤷🏻‍♂️

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fairly well, I’m sure he gave the priority to his wife’s build but I don’t know for sure. I’m a 19🤷🏻‍♂️
He might have a small allotment, think positive, as things ramp up it will start to flow and scheduling will increase!
I think this is tough for everyone, we all could really use a Bronco and I’m sure Ford would love to sell cars right now, but we are all in this together whether we like it or not!

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He might have a small allotment, think positive, as things ramp up it will start to flow and scheduling will increase!
I think this is tough for everyone, we all could really use a Bronco and I’m sure Ford would love to sell cars right now, but we are all in this together whether we like it or not!
I’m sure it’s small, Ford seems to be hanging the smaller dealerships out for sure but I’ve learned my lesson on dealing with big dealerships
I’m pretty sure I’m the only 2Dr as well

Sponsored

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aren't you supposed to be complaining, George? Go have beers and come back soon.
I ran out of beer back in May. I moved on to a big boy 1.75 L of Elijah Craig.

I’ll start complaining when I get to the bottom of that bottle and I still don’t have a VIN.

I am a bottle half empty kind of guy.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a glass is half full kinda guy. So no specific news on the subject is good news for me. I'm probably in the minority of people that are actually patiently waiting for my 2 door, while nearly everyone else on here is losing their mind.
I am still patiently waiting but my eye is starting to twitch! 😂

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base 2-dr, 2.3L, manual is 8 out of 31 in my dealership. Reserved 7/24/20. Ordered 1/27/21. No news to date.

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I had an early 2 door reservation, I'd feel pretty good about my decision right now. Better than, say, 2 weeks ago.
Since it seems subjective, can you tell me what you consider an early reservation? Thanks!

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Since it seems subjective, can you tell me what you consider an early reservation? Thanks!
An early reservation is considered July 13 - 16th, much past that date and you really have a lot of reservations a head of you.

Last edited:

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man I hope so. As a 7/14 2am 2door reservation holder, it's been a rollercoaster. I just accept I have no control but still feel the highs and lows.
7/14 1 a.m. 2-door reservation here. Initially was told I was #12 of 48 allocations at the dealer. I've accepted the fact that it will be a miracle if I see it before sometime in September (assuming I get a build notification in the next month). Don't like it, but what can you do!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is it not possible to have a MIC top painted?
Excellent question! And one that has been covered many, many times. I encourage you to try out the search function because there is a lot of good info on the process and costs associated with painting a textured surface.

The fact that they are producing dealer inventory before reservations speaks volumes about their priorities. The tops are fiberglass it can’t be that difficult to make them. Buy a fucking hot tub manufacturer. Hell, I’ll start company dedicated to making bronco tops. This is a solvable problem but it will take money. Ford has clearly put their dealers ahead of the consumers.

for the first time I Am seriously considering canceling my noon July 14th reservation The fun is gone and waiting until sometime 2022 seems stupid.
As @Erock says below (but with my snarky additions), you've vastly underestimated the process to build the Bronco top, it's more complex than a Wrangler top.

Also, from what you're saying, you should cancel your order for sure. You want to enjoy the vehicle and this is an emotional burden to you.

It’s not fiberglass. It’s two layers of molded plastic with a honeycomb substrate between them. It should be quicker to produce than fiberglass, in my opinion... but I can see where getting the timing and heating/ cooling cycles set can take a little bit to get right. To your other point, they did procure a company to build them (that even built a facility to do so), but they have fumbled it thus far.
Always good manufacturing info. I really like that they haven't used fiberglass for the roof.

My theory:
Glass half-full theory, of course….but the glass is always still half-empty.:unsure:
Question: Why did they use such a large glass for measuring if it's only at nearly 50% capacity?

6am, 7/16 here. Ye hath given me hope.

Definitely moreso than facking Ferd.
For fun, just looked up my res date...... 10/2 and still have a dealership allocation as everyone wanted mod tops or the full-kit $65K builds here in the land of money.

Guessing 10/2 isn't all that close to the front of the line?????

I just went back to working on my Hot Rod!
B8DF09E2-148F-4E85-AB4A-3CE7AD5FEF40.jpeg
D40AC6F0-3923-4AB8-9218-080516C53ABA.jpeg
5912B300-4EFA-4838-BC16-008236734814.jpeg
Sure hope you're keeping the wood wheels and manual brakes! Looks like a nice drop axle there, plus what appears to be new hardware? Can't trust that post Korean-war metal!!!

Ford Bronco What does today's announcement mean for 2 door buyers ? model A before front end

Also the 2Dr soft tops must be easier to manufacture, 3 pieces rather than 5, so that might have something to do with it as well!
Also Ford MUST make a certain number of hard tops to be able to produce soft tops?
I say the uildimg of 2Dr’s saves the chances of 4Dr builds with soft tops…but what do I know! lol
🐴🥌
From what I know, there's no blend % of what number of hard/soft tops they have to make. However, you can't have the 2-door come with a soft top from the factory due to some federal regs as far as I understand it. Same reason why Wrangler 2-door doesn't come with a factory hard top, but you can buy the soft as an add-on to make it "dual top"..... For a fee :)

This is true, unless the answer is whiskey.
Great idea, and a wonderful way to watch your carbs while still having an adult beverage.
Sponsored