Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
We know that reservations aren't the be all, end all when it comes to priority, but it seems to have some value. Enough value that some dealers are doing things to string along their customers with reservations to later surprise them with a huge ADM and hoping them walk away as they seek even greater ADMs.

As an early reservation holder, and with a dealer which won't write a sales contract, and for the longest time wouldn't even sign any document stating what they assure the price would be verbally, I have been very bothered. I could walk away and go to the end of the line with a different dealer.

What really galls me is that if I walk away is that the dealer that stiffed me would benefit by getting my early reservation bronco. This has bothered me so much that I thought about cancelling my reservation completely and go to the end of the if I could be sure my current dealer couldn't somehow still capture my reservation.

It seems to me that despite limits Ford has to control its Dealers there is one thing they could do. If Ford can make us re-order like we had to do with 2022, it would seem Ford could require a sales contract be in place with the actual reservation holder for it to have a chance of being built or that order with a reservation timestamp order gets 99ed and require a re-order. Maybe do this for all orders to get built.

Suddenly things get more serious. I am sure dealers forced to do this will try to get ADM into the sales contract, but it will at least give us early reservation holders (and early order holders) a shred of leverage because if we walk the dealer won't get that early reserved/ordered vehicle.

One of the two dealers I have orders with told me there must be a sales contract to get built, the other says no there isn't a requirement for a sales contract and they can't even write a sales contract without a VIN and states that requirement for a sales contract is only on a different product line (Ranger or F150 I forget).
Sponsored