Sponsored

Ford filling 2020 reservations - what does it mean?

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd seen it in a post before, but experienced it for myself when calling customer service to see if I had a VIN and date. I was told by the rep that Ford is trying to fill all 2020 reservations by Q2 of this year (can't remember if this was a matter of getting a build date or an actual delivery). My question -if true, does this mean dealer allocations aren't going to play a part when trying to fill these?
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well that's unfortunate for me.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was told by the rep that Ford is trying to fill all 2020 reservations by Q2 of this year (can't remember if this was a matter of getting a build date or an actual delivery).
If this was true they wouldn't be scheduling and building Broncos for people who ordered with no reservation like they have been doing.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this was true they wouldn't be scheduling and building Broncos for people who ordered with no reservation like they have been doing.

I agree but perhaps they've seen the error of their ways. At least that's the hope.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1Q scheduling is done so they aren’t working to that deadline so far. @Ford Motor Company are you going to make early reservation holders happy or bump us to 2023 with allocations, walk-ins and straight to lot builds?
I am ok with waiting - the only thing I was hoping for is that I'd be able to sell/trade my wife's van in at these inflated rates. Would probably be a 6-8k difference.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was not -
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they cut the production in half with the way the chip issue is going, to say nothing about increasing it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is zero chance Ford even schedules all the first 2 days of reservations in Q2 much less all 2020. I'll take it a step further and will bet a crisp high five we have folks in the first 48 hours of reservations that still won't have a Bronco scheduled this time NEXT YEAR.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd seen it in a post before, but experienced it for myself when calling customer service to see if I had a VIN and date. I was told by the rep that Ford is trying to fill all 2020 reservations by Q2 of this year (can't remember if this was a matter of getting a build date or an actual delivery). My question -if true, does this mean dealer allocations aren't going to play a part when trying to fill these?
I dont know if it holds any water but I've heard nothing but crickets since my 7/14 0600 reservation and early orders in January 2021 and again in October 2021 after being pushed to a 2022. This was even being as an allocation of 13 out of 23 at the dealer I chose....never even was a 'previewing' candidate...

Fast forward a couple weeks ago I drop the tow and PPF...........dealer then texts me their allocations were increased for 2022. Next week I'm previewing for the first time with a projected schedule date. Next week Ford relays a VIN has been created and Bronco rep tells me the 'projected schedule date' had been confirmed.

Who knows how this works anymore but I'm just glad I'm in the mix after seeing so many people walk in without a reservation and get a build date with the same build I ordered back on 1/21

We'll see how many times the 'scheduled date' gets pushed further down the line.....
Sponsored

Last edited: