Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1663263256070.png

Why doesn't the outerbanks category add up.? Am I reading this wrong? 59 (4dr) + 13 (2dr) = 72 not 87
Good catch, sum error in my table, the actual number of 4 door OBX Broncos is 74, not 59. It makes the total OBX 4 door = 85.06% of OBX orders and 13.83% of all orders!

Apologies for the error!
Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting to me is BB is only at 3% take for customer orders yet that's what you see most on dealer lots when you find them.

I would’ve taken a bb if ford offered mid package on it with a stick. I feel like a lot of other people are in that situation too.

I don’t want to have to spend 45k just to get heated seats.

Pretty obviously. Per the data set, 4-door BB Manual is twice as popular ad 2-door BB Manual. That implies that a lot of folks were willing to suck up the several thousand dollar price increase to buy the cheapest manual 4-door possible.
I can see that, but you’re leaving out that the main reason to get the BB, the mid package, is not offered with manual transmissions. So the only reason to just up to that trim as a manual owner is to spec the locker for another $500 or whatever it costs. So a $5,500 total cost increase vs base.

That calculus just doesn’t make sense to a lot of people. If you could get mid on the bb, I think you’d see a much higher take rate among the 2 stick door crowd.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I was wanting a Manual transmission I would go with a Badlands non-sasquatch, which is definitely a more expensive path but allows you to option the mid, high, or lux package. In my mind there are only 3 configurations that really make sense (but everyone is different).

1. Base, non-sasquatch, with the 2.3 manual and standard package.
2. Base, Sasquatch, with the 2.3 manual and standard package.
3. Badlands, non-sasquatch, with the 2.3 manual and mid, high, or lux package.

If you are going to go with a hard core off-road configuration, then it makes the most sense to go with option 2 or 3; unless you plan on installing new gears and aftermarket lockers. Clearly #1 is the best value per dollar (in a 2 door), it's a lot of vehicle for $30-35k.

Unfortunately, Ford made it impossible to get combinations that would have been insanely popular in order to force people into higher trim levels. Still, I have to give them credit for making Sasquatch available in all trims.
Sponsored