First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But I do agree it really should have more take, its a modestly upgraded base with the mid package, it would be similar to an XLT compared to a XL on any ford truck, and XLT trucks are usually the best combination of option/price in my opinion.
Nah, sweet spot is the STX. You don't ever get rear A/C vents on the XLT unless you add the FX4. Wife's STX even came with a rear locker.

I just don't get the Big Bend at all. It's not worth $4500 to get a leather wrapped steering wheel and factory tint on the hard top.
Sponsored

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curiosity got the best of me while looking at the data from the Consolidated Build Week Sheet maintained by @66Fan and looking at all that information I wanted a narrowed down view of how different models were being spec'd out. I don't think anything below is too surprising or unexpected, but some results are at least interesting.

1662509229412.png

Some highlights:
  • 33% (1/3) of all 2 door orders go with a manual transmission (not shown above)
  • 7% of 4 door orders go with the manual transmission (not shown above)
  • 67-80% of BB, BL, WT, OBX, and BD orders go are 4 door, however...
  • only 31% of base models are built as 4 door models
  • 0% of BASE Bronco orders reported here selected the 4 door with a manual *Edit: and for good reason, it's not even offered!
  • 39% of Base model Broncos are manual, other models with the manual option top out around 17-20%

I think the most interesting result is the switch in base model preference towards two door vs. four door on all other models. This probably speaks to 1) ordering the cheapest vehicle possible 2) wanting more creature comforts in larger "family" vehicles that come on the high trims levels.

Obviously, this data is probably skewed to the population of folks interested in discussing their vehicles on online forums, but interesting nonetheless. Also, I pulled the data last night, so this only represent orders entered from early August to September 5th.
We made two changes due to reading about delays for the tow package and also switched to the 2.3 from the 2.7 as we plan to flat tow behind our class A motor home and have read that the electric brake boost on the 2.7 is not conducive for flat towing.
All that said 11 months after putting $1000 deposit and ordering our Outer Banks 2 door, hard too, lux package with blue leather we just received a vin and build date for the week of 24 October.
That has been the 1st and only communication from Ford.
Brian

OP
OP
RobBob22

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you are likely misinterpreting why the 2 door Base MT #'s are where they are. All of the "purist" fans of the original Bronco that I personally know who have ordered the new Bronco got the 2 door Base MT. That is the reason I ordered one too.
I agree to an extent, probably because this is exactly how I specā€™d my bronco, my intentions are to wheel this thing and doing that in anything over 40k hurts my heart, (heck 40k hurts a bit) hence base trim but w/ SAS for lockers, etc. That said, I think a 2 door manual badlands is the same type of person, they just hopefully plan to off-road in a 55k vehicle, and they donā€™t really need SAS for full capability.

I do think a 4 door for off-roading purposes may have more uptake in southwest where rock crawling vs trail riding dominates and longer wheel base helps.

Ultimately, I also feel a lot of people are gonna go with the auto and off-road this vehicle because no doubt it will be better and easier than the manual and for a lot of people thatā€™ll will be more fun. But for a lot of us the challenge of the manual makes it.

Just note, there is no 4 door manual base, and I do believe uptake in higher trimmed 4 doors correlates to wanting more creature comforts in a family sized vehicle.

Not surprising but Iā€™m In the less than 1% of Badlands owners that purchased a 2 door manual Sasquatch.
I really thought there would be more of these, I mean ford added SAS to the manual because enthusiasts freaked out when that was not offed. (I was one) Then to find out 2 Door manual SAS optioned BASE, BL, BB, OBX are really rare kinda surprised me. Some ford executive is having a ā€œI told you so moment.ā€

Last edited:

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base Manual Sasquatch 2 door, the most capable (with aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect,) lowest price by far and lowest number of possible error messages, no wet belt driven oil pump, guaranteed to fail cam phasers/timing chains or #10r60probs and no electronic brake booster that has no physical connection from the pedal to brakes. ONLY .3% take or even 7-8% of all less than badlands trims w/ manual is honestly infuriating that everyone ordered stuff thatā€™s going to tank the value of broncos when they all have multiple major known reliability and safety issues in 5-10 years. People are already asking or mentioning to me when I tell them Iā€™m waiting on one: ā€œI like those but I read they have problems with the engineā€ talking about the 2.7 NHTSA investigation

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
...is honestly infuriating that everyone ordered stuff thatā€™s going to tank the value of broncos when they all have multiple major known reliability and safety issues in 5-10 years...
Remember, it only loses value if you sell it. I planned from Day 1 to keep my Bronco forever. It will be the very first new vehicle that I've ever bought (I'm 54), as thoughts of major depreciation have always kept me from buying new.

Sponsored

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think once you get past the price jump from base to BB, it's easier to talk yourself into continuing to jump to higher trims.
Ford definitely made your decision for you if you wanted a 4dr w/ manual. I may be the odd one out that opted for BB vs BL to get a 4dr manual.

All I really wanted was a base sas model, but the tan interior and 4dr manual sqautch forced my hand for big bend. Honestly incredibly happy with the jump and think the trim level fits perfectly with what I want out of it.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Remember, it only loses value if you sell it. I planned from Day 1 to keep my Bronco forever. It will be the very first new vehicle that I've ever bought (I'm 54), as thoughts of major depreciation have always kept me from buying new.
Iā€™m letting my kids in 16-20 years drive mine for their first car and they can have it when I canā€™t work on it anymore. Also my first new vehicle for the same reason, depreciation kept me away from buying anything remotely new that would be worth half in 5 years

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m letting my kids in 16-20 years drive mine for their first car and they can have it when I canā€™t work on it anymore. Also my first new vehicle for the same reason, depreciation kept me away from buying anything remotely new that would be worth half in 5 years
I'll have as much in this Bronco as I paid for my home 30 years ago. I have to keep it. Lol!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 door, 2.3 , 4.27 , mid BB , W/ OBX Wheels, Cooper tires
this ain't low take , if it is some one missed the boat

IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0006.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0009.jpeg

honestly this is the best bargain out there
BUT that's just one persons opinion / ME šŸ¤Ŗ
What was the MSRP? I know that yours was definitely less than mine (and looks fantastic).

My "bargain" was the OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 2 door with cloth interior, Lux package and Tow package - added the Badlands suspension along with RTR rims and some 33.5 M/T tires. It was $47,953, before the mods.

Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_20220910_181104

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Slight flaw in the analysis, since this is build data, this doesn't necessarily reflect what has been ordered, but what Ford is actually building... It's wishful thinking that build reflects the order pool at this point, but one day, hopefully, it will!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We made two changes due to reading about delays for the tow package and also switched to the 2.3 from the 2.7 as we plan to flat tow behind our class A motor home and have read that the electric brake boost on the 2.7 is not conducive for flat towing.
All that said 11 months after putting $1000 deposit and ordering our Outer Banks 2 door, hard too, lux package with blue leather we just received a vin and build date for the week of 24 October.
That has been the 1st and only communication from Ford.
Brian
Ya, but the 2.3 isn't conducive to breaking on the freeway under its own power. It wasn't exactly a hard vehicle to flat tow with the 2.7, even without using the brakes on the Bronco.

CowboyKid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Curiosity got the best of me while looking at the data from the Consolidated Build Week Sheet maintained by @66Fan and looking at all that information I wanted a narrowed down view of how different models were being spec'd out. I don't think anything below is too surprising or unexpected, but some results are at least interesting.

Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_20220910_181104

Some highlights:
  • 33% (1/3) of all 2 door orders go with a manual transmission (not shown above)
  • 0% of BASE Bronco orders reported here selected the 4 door with a manual *Edit: and for good reason, it's not even offered!
  • 39% of Base model Broncos are manual, other models with the manual option top out around 17-20%

I think the most interesting result is the switch in base model preference towards two door vs. four door on all other models. This probably speaks to 1) ordering the cheapest vehicle possible 2) wanting more creature comforts in larger "family" vehicles that come on the high trims levels.

Obviously, this data is probably skewed to the population of folks interested in discussing their vehicles on online forums, but interesting nonetheless. Also, I pulled the data last night, so this only represent orders entered from early August to September 5th.
I think you just reverse engineered the marketing plan.

OP
OP
RobBob22

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you just reverse engineered the marketing plan.
Ford must have planned some for the number of BLā€™s but clearly not enough and thatā€™s why weā€™re seeing a lot of BLā€™s getting built now.

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Some highlights:

Looks like I finally am a member of the 1%! Not THAT 1%, but my 4 Dr BD MT (w/build week of 9/26), represents only .93% of all Broncos; wonder how many are Eruption Green, w/MIC, tow, roof rails, Xbars, and PPF (was hoping the MIC, tow, and PPF would knock me into the '23, but I just missed out, although I'm pretty excited to get my Bronco built sooner rather than later).

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) 1663263256070

Why doesn't the outerbanks category add up.? Am I reading this wrong? 59 (4dr) + 13 (2dr) = 72 not 87
Sponsored