First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Ford omitted the 4 door base MT so you’d be forced into a higher trim.
Pretty obviously. Per the data set, 4-door BB Manual is twice as popular ad 2-door BB Manual. That implies that a lot of folks were willing to suck up the several thousand dollar price increase to buy the cheapest manual 4-door possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RobBob22

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty obviously. Per the data set, 4-door BB Manual is twice as popular ad 2-door BB Manual. That implies that a lot of folks were willing to suck up the several thousand dollar price increase to buy the cheapest manual 4-door possible.
I don't think I would say that. You're really looking at a limitation of the data set there. I almost skipped doing anything for the BB because the data represents only 17 vehicles all together, 3 data points make up those two conditions, meaning only 2 people need to order a manual 2-door to flip that stat.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think I would say that. You're really looking at a limitation of the data set there. I almost skipped doing anything for the BB because the data represents only 17 vehicles all together, 3 data points make up those two conditions, meaning only 2 people need to order a manual 2-door to flip that stat.
Yeah, I don't get the low take rate on BB. All of August through what little October data we have there were only 20 total. That's damned near Raptor and Everglades numbers.

I guess maybe more were built earlier when the higher trims and Sasquatch were constrained, leaving fewer to be built now? It's kinda odd. I was originally considering BB, but by the time I optioned it up to what I wanted, a WildTrak made more sense.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, good point. I don't need to run that through MiniTab to know that's not a significant sample size.

OP
OP
RobBob22

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I don't get the low take rate on BB. All of August through what little October data we have there were only 20 total. That's damned near Raptor and Everglades numbers.

I guess maybe more were built earlier when the higher trims and Sasquatch were constrained, leaving fewer to be built now? It's kinda odd. I was originally considering BB, but by the time I optioned it up to what I wanted, a WildTrak made more sense.
I almost think it’s the grill, I really dislike the look of that grill. I know it can be switched, but it just looks off, both in color and shape. But I do agree it really should have more take, its a modestly upgraded base with the mid package, it would be similar to an XLT compared to a XL on any ford truck, and XLT trucks are usually the best combination of option/price in my opinion. I do think that mid package is part of it too though, if you do t option that I think your mostly just getting a base bronco with aluminum rims, tires, grill, and $100 grab handle.

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think Ford omitted the 4 door base MT so you’d be forced into a higher trim.
If I would have ordered and had a choice, 4 door, 2.3 M, base, ,sas, tow, MIC, RR would have been my pick.
Also to the guy that compiled all that data, you’re the man!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I don't get the low take rate on BB.
I think once you get past the price jump from base to BB, it's easier to talk yourself into continuing to jump to higher trims.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 door, 2.3 , 4.27 , mid BB , W/ OBX Wheels, Cooper tires
this ain't low take , if it is some one missed the boat

Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_0005
Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_0006
Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_0008
Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_0009

honestly this is the best bargain out there
BUT that's just one persons opinion / ME 🤪

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you are likely misinterpreting why the 2 door Base MT #'s are where they are. All of the "purist" fans of the original Bronco that I personally know who have ordered the new Bronco got the 2 door Base MT. That is the reason I ordered one too.

Mixtli_offroad

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curiosity got the best of me while looking at the data from the Consolidated Build Week Sheet maintained by @66Fan and looking at all that information I wanted a narrowed down view of how different models were being spec'd out. I don't think anything below is too surprising or unexpected, but some results are at least interesting.

Ford Bronco What forum members are ordering (based on build week data) IMG_0009

Some highlights:
  • 33% (1/3) of all 2 door orders go with a manual transmission (not shown above)
  • 7% of 4 door orders go with the manual transmission (not shown above)
  • 67-80% of BB, BL, WT, OBX, and BD orders go are 4 door, however...
  • only 31% of base models are built as 4 door models
  • 0% of BASE Bronco orders reported here selected the 4 door with a manual *Edit: and for good reason, it's not even offered!
  • 39% of Base model Broncos are manual, other models with the manual option top out around 17-20%

I think the most interesting result is the switch in base model preference towards two door vs. four door on all other models. This probably speaks to 1) ordering the cheapest vehicle possible 2) wanting more creature comforts in larger "family" vehicles that come on the high trims levels.

Obviously, this data is probably skewed to the population of folks interested in discussing their vehicles on online forums, but interesting nonetheless. Also, I pulled the data last night, so this only represent orders entered from early August to September 5th.
My bronco is being delivered this month!!! 4 door badlands luxe with V6 & hard top!!

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thought about geofencing to see what colors, transmission, door count went where more. A bit above my pay grade on excel skills though
Can you just pull out color numbers alone? Might be nice to see what's the most and least common colors.

edit: Derp. I see the pie chart in the spreadsheet now. Ignore me.

jdznutz

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Truck Veteran
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprising but I’m In the less than 1% of Badlands owners that purchased a 2 door manual Sasquatch.
Sponsored