Sponsored

What happens when "Price Protection" ends?

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you call the Ford Bronco hotline to get your price protection certificate before taking delivery?
Yes. But they only offered partial certificates. The 22.5 MY increase isn’t in the form of a certificate. They might send you a check someday.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Which price protection? The first one (the smaller amount) should credit to the sale price as delivered. The second price protection is only applicable to those who had orders that were not changed after 3/22. We ordered in 12/21. Buyer's order vs actual window sticker is literally $1500 exactly apart. Our dealer is just going to credit it to us at time of sale. Apparently they have to wait for their system to update, the Bronco HAS to be BOUGHT by the customer who ordered it (so dealers can't collect price protection money ON TOP of ADM for Bronco's where customers backed out) and 30 days or so later, the DEALER gets the funds from Ford.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

people really need to read the agreements and terms and conditions. price protection was a nice gesture.

1. Reservation.
You may be able to configure a Ford vehicle (the “Vehicle”) through the Reservation Process (“Reservation”). By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.

bottom line is be happy if you get it, and between supply chain and inflation this is the new normal for now. you have no moves beyond going to buy another vehicle for an inflated price and most likely a long wait if new.
I wasn't talking about MSRP or ADM. I was talking about the Price Protection that is being offered to all buyers of the Bronco. Everyone is currently eligible that reserved and ordered early, no matter the dealer. Everyone knows the MSRP can change - different topic.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't talking about MSRP or ADM. I was talking about the Price Protection that is being offered to all buyers of the Bronco. Everyone is currently eligible that reserved and ordered early, no matter the dealer. Everyone knows the MSRP can change - different topic.
your answer is in the toc bolded. that is your agreement, and price protection falls underneath that. that is how agreements work. there is no set price, and if they say that no delivery in 22 means no price protection then that is it.

they have been doing the right thing so far, i imagine if they still have production issues they would extend it. they make too much money to sweat 1m to cover the 1-2k difference for what would be remaining.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price protection is a courtesy to retain clients, not a guarantee. You have no recourse if it ends or they decide to stop it today. I mean, your recourse is to not buy a bronco, so i guess you have options

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please shut this down. It's a waste of space on this forum. Its been covered. A lot

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thought I'd throw out a quick update. We picked our Bronco up yesterday. We ordered 12/21. So the MY22 price increase didn't effect us either way. Now the larger ($1500 exactly for our 2 dr Big Bend) increase did effect us.

The signed buyer's order I had when we ordered in December, the sticker on our Bronco was exactly $1500 higher. I asked our dealer about it and they honored the original purchase agreement (MSRP). Their finance manager and I discussed this. Apparently some dealers are a bit aggravated about it.

The MY22.5 price increase is credited back to the DEALER via Ford, AFTER the sale closed in the system AND the BUYER matches the person who ORDERED the Bronco. If these don't match - Ford doesn't honor the protection.

Essentially, it's apparently to keep dealers from "double dipping". In other words, a customer orders a Bronco. They back out - for whatever reason or in some cases, the dealer offers $ or incentives on another vehicle maybe to persuade the customer to give up their Bronco. Then the dealer adds ADM (I've personally seen $5-15K on top of MSRP). When that vehicle is sold, and the system sees that the BUYER doesn't match the customer who ORDERED - no MY22.5 price protection is credited to the dealer.

HTH

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The legal part of price protection is between Ford and the dealer. It is not between you and Ford. Ford is obligated to honor the pricing at the time the order was placed (a reservation does not count) with the dealer. It only works when the original customer who ordered the Bronco actually buys the Bronco.

Ford expects the dealer to pass along that protected price savings to the purchaser. However if the dealer doesn't pass along the price protection, the dealer gets to double dip and put the price protection money in their pocket along with the money you paid for the vehicle.

@FordVideoGuy has covered price protection in a couple of his weekly webinars. Here is an excerpt he put together on price protection.

At the rate Ford is going with my Bronco order, I'll be getting it at about $4,000 or $5,000 under invoice if they don't get it built till 2023. Currently I think I have about $2,200 in price protection with my January 2021 order date.

OP
OP
GiveItaTri

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The legal part of price protection is between Ford and the dealer. It is not between you and Ford. Ford is obligated to honor the pricing at the time the order was placed (a reservation does not count) with the dealer. It only works when the original customer who ordered the Bronco actually buys the Bronco.

Ford expects the dealer to pass along that protected price savings to the purchaser. However if the dealer doesn't pass along the price protection, the dealer gets to double dip and put the price protection money in their pocket along with the money you paid for the vehicle.

@FordVideoGuy has covered price protection in a couple of his weekly webinars. Here is an excerpt he put together on price protection.

At the rate Ford is going with my Bronco order, I'll be getting it at about $4,000 or $5,000 under invoice if they don't get it built till 2023. Currently I think I have about $2,200 in price protection with my January 2021 order date.
This is helpful, but I’m trying to figure out what happens if I don’t get my Bronco until 2024. So far Ford has only said price protection goes through 2023. Do I lose my protection because Ford chose to build stock units instead of my Bronco and alter the allocations formula?
Sponsored