Sponsored

What is the best travel trailer a Bronco can tow?

BodhiMac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best is a relative term. My setup tows like it’s not even there. So “best” for me…

F5B0BAA8-4745-4FBA-B9B7-A81808EECE77.jpeg

86419E81-7126-493F-BA86-705A7D28AF8E.jpeg
What trailer is that one?
Sponsored

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not up to speed with towing as I know it gets into how many people are in the Bronco, luggage, tongue weight, etc. It shows the towing capacity for the 2.7L slightly lower than the 2.3L because of the engine weight, but I have a feeling if I was driving up I-70 in Colorado through the mountains I would rather have the 2.7L.

I do not have a travel trailer yet and trying to decide what options my Bronco has for towing, and if I should get tow attached or maybe save money and drop tow and the 2.7L and get used tacoma or something for towing(where I can throw gas can and generator in the bed, etc.). I would just really like to find a good option for the Bronco that works, without going with a raptor(BL 2D 2.7L non-sas max tow 3460).

Is towing an Airstream basecamp 16 an option?

Hitch Weight (with LP & Batteries)410
Unit Base Weight (with LP & Batteries)2,650

What about a Basecamp 20? - Will this work if I keep all supplies in back of my Bronco?

Hitch Weight (with LP & Batteries)500
Unit Base Weight (with LP & Batteries)3400

Bambi 22 - Is there anyway possible to pull this without a raptor? Maybe leave girlfriend at home and take no luggage?

Hitch Weight (with LP & Batteries)500
Unit Base Weight (with LP & Batteries)3,900

I have seen some people say never tow 5 lbs more than your maximum, and others say as long as you keep it pretty close and drive slower, or not at all when windy, etc. you can go a little higher. Any feedback is appreciated. If there are several people saying do not go above a Basecamp 16, that helps tremendously. I just do not know if the the limiting factor is the turbo-charged engine, the suspension, or the weight of the trailer starting to push the Bronco around too much, etc.
I have decided to purchase an HC1 Studio with a premium package from Happier campers, with a lifted package and 14" off road tires. similar to this one but in a different color, its superlite
Ford Bronco What is the best travel trailer a Bronco can tow? 1678845093359
Sponsored