First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This write up is superb. Enjoyed every word, thank you and I am happy you are riding like it’s the summer of 69, err 99? I don’t know but you make it sound damn fun.

Your take on the soft top has me kicking myself for not switching from MIC, but I’m one of those “HoLd StRoNg” kind of guys, which obviously is not doing well considering the MIC is a disaster.

“Not really knowing what you were doing in life, and not really caring either. Just living it.”
I’m 32 and a lot of me is still this way. I do have a few goals.. continue to work my way up the ranks at my company, maybe get married, increase my financial stablility. Other than that, I just go with the flow every day, in the moment as I see fit, “just living”. Of course, being single with a dog affords me the kind of freedom to push aside the mundane adult tasks that can come with marriage and kids. For that I am grateful, as I was essentially married in my 20’s minus making it official with a ring. So I’ve rode that pony and been a part of the show. I am a kid at heart, and I’d have it no other way.
My order originally had the MIC. I switched to soft top back when problems first started being reported. I do agree with the sentiment of not sacrificing what you want just to get it faster. That's what I did.I asked myself what options were actually important to me and I kept those options whether they were constraints or not. For me those were sasquatch and LUX. Hard top or soft top didn't really matter to me. So I switched. And I'm still very happy with my switch and have no regrets.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great story - And yes, the wait is painful, but I feel like as soon as we drive it, and the aches & pains will….. somewhat…. Go away 🤣🙌🏽
Of course I wrote this yesterday before today's news came out.....😂

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great story, well written, and from the heart.
It’s easy to get caught up in the emotions, the fear, the negative side of things.
All any of us can do is take it as it comes and make our individual decisions for what’s best.
Glad to see you stayed the course and remained positive. Nice ride and hope to see you there in east TN on a trail, 2-lane, or at SuperCel one day.
Thanks for the kind words. I did write this yesterday before today's news was released so I can definitely understand the frustrations of people. But hopefully they get this mess cleared up soon.

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome story, thank you for sharing! Can you tell us all about the mesh top. Which one you ordered, how well it blocks the sun, how easy to install, etc? My fiancé is of the Scottish/Irish heritage living in Texas and I want to ride topless as much as possible. Thanks in advance.
I ordered the one available from Ford accessories. It wasn't difficult at all to install. Took about 20 minutes and most of that time was spent interpreting the instructions. So far I love it. Blocks the sun just enough but still gives the open air experience. And you can close hard top and soft top over it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for this wright up, All of us needed a positive post :love:!! It's what I needed knowing I won't receive my build email till December or sometime next spring. I have been looking at other vehicles and nothing has my interest at all. I have wanted to own a Bronco for decades and I was too bummed when Ford killed it back in 96.
I know ill be right with you floating on cloud 9 on signing day it will be closer to the 2 year mark sense my reservation was placed the next morning after the launch crash!
Have fun with your new toy! Live it up in 95 🥳🥳
Hope you get it sooner than later!

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome story and review. Love hearing about the 2.3l. My setup is very similar to yours. Bronco fatigue is real! I think most of us will forget about the delays and butt fumbles from Ford once our Bronco is in hand and we get that first Bronco open air experience.
Totally agree. It really is just fun to drive! I find myself making excuses to go to the store ha ha.

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love your plate location, I’ve seen so many people with MOD bumpers scratching their heads about where to mount their front plate! Like man you literally have 20 “bronco bolts” figure it out! lol
Exactly! Ha ha

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome story man! I can’t imagine waiting 20 years for something! Enjoy it and be merry! :love:

OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love it! This forum needs needs more stories like these, too much negativity (although a lot of it is justified). Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Enjoy your new ride. I myself have a very similar story and I’m one year older.
Agreed. Most negativity is justified. And I know I'd be just as a frustrated if I hadn't gotten mine yet. But in the long hoarding that frustration only hurts ourselves. Doesn't hurt Ford at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TennesseeBronco

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love this story thank you so much for sharing. Very similar to my build, only difference is mine is BB with a MIC top. Hoping to have mine here in Nashville in a few weeks but who knows!? Congrats man
Hope to see you riding around soon! I've been riding around Nashville the last week. I split time between Nashville and East Tennessee.

Bmars1127

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely worth the wait… I’m similar to you- I had an 05 z71 Tahoe, 200+k, no AC (Im cheap and not fixing that!) and was holding out for this! I couldn’t believe the feeling when I turned the corner and saw my Bronco- my first NEW car ever, and my dream vehicle in my color, my trim, etc. To think, I stood in that same lot in the 90s and bought my first little used car. Just seemed to come full circle. Enjoy your ride… it’s beautiful!
Ford Bronco What My Bronco Means to Me 48E92F53-858D-4279-B88F-2D56F76EE36E

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I take this chance and say that my bronco experience has already began with this community. Offroading culture is something I am excited to explore and the bronco itself makes it even better
Sponsored