Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
Stay at home Dad? 🤣😂

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
I bet you can get a new husband faster then a new Bronco

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hahahahahaha! I am a woman in her late 30s and my husband totally has a man bun. 😂
Seriously? My condolences but at least you have your Bronco going for you which is nice

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t need the money and you do like the bronco, it’s a bad move.

Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You don't need that negativity in your life, bye husband

IDFM

Big Bend
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i agree with your husbands recommendation -sell the bronco at a profit- which you can easily do right now- buy a jeep, and just be happy you dumped it before it starts the recall process- keep the husband he is just being realistic

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time to trade him in for a new model.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't read all the responses, I'm sure people have a lot of slapstick comments.

You mentioned something in your post, about you needing a car. That is the big factor. If you sell your Bronco to make some extra cash, but then have to buy something as a holdover, you're basically going to eat up any possible profits so it doesn't make financial sense.

Now if you could sell your current Bronco and use it to buy two vehicles ( one of them being another Bronco), then I'm half tempted to agree with your husband.

I mean honestly, if you take the emotion out of it. You would be getting rid of the known problematic 1st year(s) Broncos, make some decent extra cash, then pick up a better made, Non Covid Bronco in a couple years And we're maybe Ford gets their head out of their ass and fixes some blatant issues like carpet on the rear seats, front cams that don't accommodate a winch, weak steering components, etc.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i agree with your husbands recommendation -sell the bronco at a profit- which you can easily do right now- buy a jeep, and just be happy you dumped it before it starts the recall process- keep the husband he is just being realistic
How do you feel about Man Buns?

This could be the start of a beautiful Bronco Haters Bromance

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now if you could sell your current Bronco and use it to buy two vehicles ( one of them being another Bronco), then I'm half tempted to agree with your husband
Mean while at the Barrett-Jackson office.......

download (3).jpeg

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While the Bronco will probably make youva few bucks, you can always make more money on onlyfans.
Post some pics of you with the Bronco so we can see what your working with.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m envisioning some dude with a man bun telling you to sell your bronco from the couch while he plays Xbox and it’s filling me with some kind of unspeakable rage.

But rationally, you’d just be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. As others have mentioned you might make a small profit on your Bronco but you’ll also be paying an up cost on any other vehicle you’d buy……

You do you girl!

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The divorce will be more costly than what his share of the sale would be.

The judge will be on your side.

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
TBH a new husband can be acquired easier than a new bronco
Sponsored