Sponsored

If anybody wants to know how long It took for me to lose my patience.

BD2OBX4

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so January 10, 2022 I ordered a two door irruption green big bend . I got very discouraged about all the restrictions on pretty much everything I wanted knowing from many different people that my order was probably not gonna be filled within a year. I was not willing to pay the 15to20k over most places were getting so I made a ton of phone calls I accepted the fact that a four-door soft top was in my future and I did find one for 6000 over sticker and accepted the deal!My patience lasted a little over four months I donā€™t know how other people wait longer.

7F733433-866F-49E7-8748-EDC18F3ECFEB.png
Congrats -nice looking OBX - honestly the $6k likely well spent versus frustration. Further more, by the time you may have gotten one at sticker - your trade may have been worth that much less.
Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did want two door but the four-door would fit my lifestyle a lot better and I really donā€™t need a hard top in South Carolina
I sincerely hope you're not just rationalizing your decision. For that much money, I would have waited for the 2 door.....4 doors and a soft top just don't do it for me. But, enjoy the heck out of your new ride.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
so January 10, 2022 I ordered a two door irruption green big bend . I got very discouraged about all the restrictions on pretty much everything I wanted knowing from many different people that my order was probably not gonna be filled within a year. I was not willing to pay the 15to20k over most places were getting so I made a ton of phone calls I accepted the fact that a four-door soft top was in my future and I did find one for 6000 over sticker and accepted the deal!My patience lasted a little over four months I donā€™t know how other people wait longer.

Ford Bronco If anybody wants to know how long It took for me to lose my patience. staypumped
Gorgeous Bronco, carbon gray with soft top looks amazing. Not as amazing as my lowly Base, but close haha!

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sincerely hope you're not just rationalizing your decision. For that much money, I would have waited for the 2 door.....4 doors and a soft top just don't do it for me. But, enjoy the heck out of your new ride.
So many advantages to 4 doors, rear seat access is just the beginning. Anyone who has stuff to haul or even occasionally has more than 2 people will appreciate 4 doors. Not hating on the 2Dr I get it that old Broncos were 2Dr, but its a big price to pay.

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get what your saying but for one its ridicoulous these days having to pay over msrp on any car. Im day one reservation holder and im still waiting on a wiltrack and since im patient ill be paying msrp wich is less then what dealers are charging for some lower trims. I seen a base just with bigger tires no lift for 67k no thanks ill wait.

anl

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i get it, especially a late res. in the end if it's worth it to the person and they have the cash do it, glad you got one!

the adm/scalper market will never change, the only downside is that every time this happens it helps enforce the practice. plus side 6k is reasonable for what most are getting non-res.
AS LONGAS THERE R PEOPLE WILLING TO PAY ADM......THEY(DEALERS) WILL COME.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clearly my experience working with the public leaves me with a different definition of losing patience. I pictured you at the dealership, turning over tables in the show room, because it was taking so long. Meanwhile, youā€™re out paying the ā€œbuy it nowā€ vig, which was awful nice of you.

Itā€™s okay, I understand, Iā€™ve been sitting on the Everglades fence for a week now, with a $6k price increase for the best interior, suspension, a winch, and potential for earlier delivery fighting it out with losing the 2.7.

Crusher

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX E Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved 7/21, ordered 9/21, reordered when pushed to MY22 10/21. I ordered just about every constraint there was. MIC, 2.7, bash plate, tow, tailgate table, etc, etc. I wanted exactly what I wanted and was determined to wait for it...and wait for it...and wait for it. I got discouraged several times, especially reading on here and other forums about all the delays.
But last week I finally got a scheduled build week of 5/30! Called my dealer and got my VIN! I know I may still get bumped, etc, but it makes it a lot more real now. Now I can start buying accessories, and looking at options for the vanity plate, lol! Hang in there my friends.

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Oilman

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I donā€™t blame you for not waiting, life is short. Like that color, btw what running boards are those?
I went to look at them last month saw exactly what l liked and bought it! Salesman didnā€™t know he had it.
They have a cactus gray base coming in within next 2 weeks if anyone is interested
Stock boards

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Willing to wait for what I want. OBX, SAS, MIC,MOD,LUX, Leather, TOW, overhead switches 2.7 res 9/22/20 ordered 1/22/21
And the only difference in what you are waiting for and what I am driving is I have a softtop and standard tires. You are stuck waiting all this time simply on the MIC roof which by all accounts is even in version 2.0 a piece of you know what

OP
OP
Oilman

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have seven vehicles four of which are two doors and they just donā€™t get used that often
Sponsored