First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
Stick to your guns. You're right on this one.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering divorce over a car, a production car. Now that's commitment and values. Sad that your Bronco is even possibly worth more than your relationship. Keep the one you love the most and deal with the loss of the other.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think a Big Bend would command enough money on the used market to be worth it. About 10k Broncos per month are being added to market and if you wanted to make anything then it would have been last summer/fall. You're not going to make some $10-20k over MSRP if that's what he's thinking as even well equipped, higher trims aren't pushing crazy afms now and just rotting on lots.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guess we now know who the smart one is in the relationship.

Sell one used vehicle at premium to likely buy another at a premium. Oh ya and Remind him of the capital gains taxes owed selling above cost basis. Everyone forgets that part😉
and paying yet another state sales tax on the entire new one. Not even like you are trading.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I was telling my husband this morning about the news from yesterday regarding the chip shortage and the production delay. Now he wants me to sell my Bronco because he thinks we can make money on it. Yeah, probably, but I bought it because I wanted a Bronco. And if I sell it, who knows when I'll get another one. Plus I'd still have to go buy another car. He thinks I'm being silly wanting to keep it. But, I love it!
Bronco6G: Would you sell your Bronco or Divorce your Husband?
Wife: Long Pause
Bronco6G: Well ?
Wife: I'm Thinking I'm Thinking !!

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Yup, I imagine this Bronco will be pretty handy at hauling your corpse far enough out that nobody's ever going to find it..."

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Husbands are easier to replace than Broncos.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Keep it!

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just explain how much his tax rate will increase when he files as "single".

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell your husband your not selling or look for a new husband lol

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thread reminds me of when my kid was 3 years old, and he would tell the same knock-knock joke 12 times in a row, as if you’d never heard it before…
Sponsored