Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am set to return back to the States next August after a long 18-month tour and I will need a vehicle to PCS my house-hold goods with. I am thinking that if I don't get a build email by then, I will have to make a big decision to quit the waiting game and take my money elsewhere. I placed an order with Ford in July 21, updated to a 22 build in December, and have not heard anything since then. With my timeline from now until August of next year, is it possible that Ford will build my badlands? I know I am probably like the billionth person to ask this question, but my wife and I will have to make a decision by February 2023.

Appreciate the advice and comments of calming tf down lol...
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all, calm tf down! šŸ˜‰
j/k

Questions:
  • Reservation or just straight order? If rez, what date?
  • Build spec (detailed; all options)?
  • Dealer name (plus last monthā€™s allocation, if known)?
  • ā€œNext Augustā€œ meaning Aug-22 or Aug-23?
PS ā€” Thanks for your service.

OP
OP
LCDRBronco24

LCDRBronco24

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha thank you, much appreciated!

Straight order. My online information says an order date of 7/20/2021, still ordering with dealer.

I ordered a 4dr Badlands, 2.7, MIC hardtop. Iā€™m not making the switch to a soft because of all the riddled issues with it and, I want the added security when Iā€™m transporting my stuff. Far too often I hear the ol slash n dash on softtops. Big nope.

Dealer is World Ford Pensacola. Lol, and no, I have absolutely NO clue how to even go about getting that number (allocation speaking)

August of 2023 is when I return home.

And thank you!! Proud to serve!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha thank you, much appreciated!

Straight order. My online information says an order date of 7/20/2021, still ordering with dealer.

I ordered a 4dr Badlands, 2.7, MIC hardtop. Iā€™m not making the switch to a soft because of all the riddled issues with it and, I want the added security when Iā€™m transporting my stuff. Far too often I hear the ol slash n dash on softtops. Big nope.

Dealer is World Ford Pensacola. Lol, and no, I have absolutely NO clue how to even go about getting that number (allocation speaking)

August of 2023 is when I return home.

And thank you!! Proud to serve!
Here are my thoughts;
  • Dealer has two Broncoā€™s available as ā€œspecial offersā€ and 6+ Bronco Sports either in transit or on the lot, so seems like a medium-sized dealer, but Bronco allocation is unknown (?).
  • Order date puts you behind a large pack of reservations (unfavorable).
  • Commodities ā€” biggest constraint will likely be the MIC hard top (unfavorable).
  • Aug-23 PCS allows plenty of time for Ford to churn through the order backlog and get through the well-documented 2022 chip constraints (favorable).
Since Ford stopped taking new orders for 22MY in early March, and recently started awarding bigger allocations to dealers than in the first 3 months of the model year, that should increase the number of special orders built this year and reduce the number of dealer stock built as production buffer to keep the plant running at full speed. That should boost the probability of you taking delivery before your PCS in Aug-23.

I honestly believe that you have a very good likelihood of getting your vehicle before your PCS in Aug-23. (If your PCS was in Aug-22, I would have said very unlikely.) JMHO.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMHO.

If the Bronco is not ready by then, buy the cheapest Expedition you can find to PCS, then nurse that along till the Bronco is done baking.

But, I would have to think that by mid year 23 you will be ok.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMHO.

If the Bronco is not ready by then, buy the cheapest Expedition you can find to PCS, then nurse that along till the Bronco is done baking.

But, I would have to think that by mid year 23 you will be ok.
this. you probably have a decent shot to hit that august marker. if not you could keep it when it arrives, flip it, or let the dealer have it. no benefit for cancelling. thank you for your service!

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am set to return back to the States next August after a long 18-month tour and I will need a vehicle to PCS my house-hold goods with. I am thinking that if I don't get a build email by then, I will have to make a big decision to quit the waiting game and take my money elsewhere. I placed an order with Ford in July 21, updated to a 22 build in December, and have not heard anything since then. With my timeline from now until August of next year, is it possible that Ford will build my badlands? I know I am probably like the billionth person to ask this question, but my wife and I will have to make a decision by February 2023.

Next August is a long time from today... I hope Ford has your Bronco built by then.

I guess what happens if they build it while you are out of the states and it arrives, do you come back and pick it up... just my curiosity speaking.

I agree with the above, by a comparable beater while you wait

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your post says you don't need to make a decision until Feb 2023, so why stress over it now?
The picture should be a bit clearer by Feb.

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I have my 21 First Edition 4 Door and my Ford account still says Ordering with Dealer. The thing is the Ford website will not always update. I've picked mines up mid December of 2021. I had to call my dealer to see what was going on, though my case is a bit different.

Original Order - Ford announced Bronco was available to order. I didn't know, I was just surfing the web. I saw an article and said, oh cool let me look. I was able to click on the First Edition and placed a reservation. Time came to select a dealer, in which I saw many YouTube videos from Ford in Alabama. They promised no dealer markup and said they can look into me using X-Plan if I was eligible. I quickly bought 110 shares with Ford as they said 100 Shares are required for 1 year. (Turns out it was less time I think) After a while I said I didn't really care about the Bronco because it was just too expensive for what it is. I called Ford and said I want to move it to my dealership near me in California. I was able to make that move without issue. Weird I know.

Second Dealer - So I called the second dealer around October 2021 and just asked (out of curiousity) the status of my Bronco. They said they couldn't find my order which I would assume, because I moved it from Alabama to California. I contacted Ford and they confirmed that it's reallocated to California. My Ford store then found my reservation (not an actual order yet). I called again and they said that they have found my reservation and will update me later. Good. I got an email from Ford in December 2021 saying my Bronco is at the end of the assembly line. The problem though is, because I only had a reservation and I never got contacted to confirm the order and specs... It was loaded on a truck shortly after. I didn't even know what color I was getting. I then got a photo from the assembly line showing Cactus Gray. I'm now at the stage of, do I really want this? I checked resell value and, yeah okay I'll take it.

End of Dealer - My Ford Store called me and said that it's going to arrive in a few days and to come down and get the paperwork started. I asked if they are marking the prices up. He said, no, we won't for people who placed reservations. I said, great, I'll come down. He then asked what is my order number, and I gave the reservation order. I panicked thinking, shit, I might not get it. He asked if I did a $500 deposit yet, and I said no. He's like, oh, okay...
I paused for a second and asked, so what's up? He goes, don't worry I can process it still.

Long story short - MSRP in California with an allocation transfer from Alabama. Reservation only and not an actual order confirmed before purchase.

By now I don't even remember what your question was, lol. Kidding. Call your dealer and ask for updates. They know more than Ford's website, generally.
Sponsored