Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have the budget, get the First Edition. No question. A wired tow hitch and a roof rack can be added later no problem.
Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You had good foresight to grab two reservations - gives you flexibility. Even with the update to 7000 FEs, it’s going to be a desirable build. I wouldn’t let the late availability weigh on my decision. Weren’t not sure what late availability even means - maybe FEs are prioritized in the build process so you could have your Bronco by august!?! We’ve waited this long...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless you are getting Lightning Blue or despise orange interior accents, there is no reason from the actual product standpoint in my mind to go with the First Edition. Ford doubling the number of FEs to 7000 doesn't make it very special. 4DR FEs are a compromised vehicle that you paid extra for. You might get yours sooner being an FE, but I would go with a Badlands to save money and get additional payload which it sounds like you want.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They’ve already confirmed that all FEs will be MY21
Yeah they said that, and then weeks later said there is a shortage of 2.7 and Sasquatch. I hope your right because folks that are tossing out that much money need a bone... but then again, the Black interior for FE was announced as late (22?).

Its all a crap shoot right now but until the lock in date, no need to do anything rash..like cancel your reservation.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah they said that, and then weeks later said there is a shortage of 2.7 and Sasquatch. I hope your right because folks that are tossing out that much money need a bone... but then again, the Black interior for FE was announced as late (22?).

Its all a crap shoot right now but until the lock in date, no need to do anything rash..like cancel your reservation.
Agreed. My take on the 2.7 and leather etc shortage announcement is that depending on your config and Rez date, it _may_ delay your order. For these items, I expect them to be allocated to FE builds first. In fact, I’d expect everything possible to be allocated to FE builds first to ensure all that are ordered are produced in MY21.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

pretty sure the FE number will be whatever gets converted, Ford isnt going to come back and say oh we have extra now. It could be less then 3500 too.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was in a similar boat, I think i settled on FE with lightning blue, because,
A) Lightning Blue
B) Lightning Blue
C) Lightning Blue + Black interior
D) somewhat unique because .... Lightning. Blue
E) Most likely prioritized Production
F) Towing isn't really that much different than a badlands,

You could almost def sell at no loss if decide you want to get your 22 with your second res

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
pretty sure the FE number will be whatever gets converted, Ford isnt going to come back and say oh we have extra now. It could be less then 3500 too.
Good. Then move those remaining 3500 sas and 2.7 engines to other trims

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Other intel has indicated they’ll build 7k no matter how many convert

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok, ok. I am one of those two reservations guys that you will all bitch at. Fine, I can take it. My FE reservation is 7/14, my second reservation is 8/2 (not FE). Usually not a first year guy but was so fricking pumped about getting lucky with an FE, then the reality kicked in with all the changes. Bottom line, my FE would be an late availability for numerous reasons, but no roof rack AND no towing package is a real problem for me and my wife (kayaks and bikes) and maybe a small camper. I know I could go aftermarket but people are scaring me with all the negative vibes with those. So my dilemma is, do I get the FE and all the "prestige" or push it off until MY22 to get those items.
I'm in the same situation and pushing to MY 2022.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do I need an FE equipped Bronco with all the bells and whistles, f*&k no; do I want one, hell yeah! If it was a need I would get an OBX with lux, no Sasquatch but where is the fun in that. ;)
Sponsored