Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just over 2 months.
Well, as some random guy on the internet who's never met you or the person who installed your coil spacers and don't know what was installed, I CLEARLY know way more than your installer and will tell you:

thx
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm old school and believe there is time and place for a small body lift however, the bronco does NOT need one. There is huge amount of space between the frame and body. Not sure what they were thinking, seems like they slapped a body on an existing frame, or some such, and made it fit by using extremely tall body mount bushings.

If you want a lift without the performance then go a coil spacer lift. Leave the insane body lifts for the people that don't know, nor care what a person that does thinks.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all. Ordered the Rockkraweler one inch spring lift until I figure out how much more money I need to spend to get it the way I want it.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm old school and believe there is time and place for a small body lift however, the bronco does NOT need one. There is huge amount of space between the frame and body. Not sure what they were thinking, seems like they slapped a body on an existing frame, or some such, and made it fit by using extremely tall body mount bushings.

If you want a lift without the performance then go a coil spacer lift. Leave the insane body lifts for the people that don't know, nor care what a person that does thinks.
I don’t know I think body lifts may have some usefulness. I might not be completely negative on body lifts. If you want to keep suspension geometry close to the design envelope, then you can probably only lift the wheels 2-2.5” to be conservative. Can’t get that from increased shock length alone by using spacers without affecting CV half shaft angles. Maybe a small spacer lift gets you an inch at the wheel to be safe. getting all 2.5” from spring compression will affect your usable extension travel. A small body lift (1”), an inch+ or so with spacers, and an inch+ or so with spring compression probably lets you run 37s just fine while staying in the geometric design envelope. And not too expensive either.

A body lift also doesn’t increase CG as much as a suspension lift. Body probably less than a third of total weight. So a 3” suspension lift raises CG by 3”. A 3” body lift raises CG by maybe only 1”.
Sponsored