Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

besides the obvious 1 Inch. I have a two door Badlands SAS. I will be installing a JCR winch plate with a RC 9500 winch. I also have on order a cross member skid and a Tranny skid. I really don't wan to loose any clearance I already have.

I am not sure how much my front end will drop with these mods.

So to my question. Will I gain anything by adding a 1 inch body lift, besides allowing for larger tires?

I really don't want to mess with the suspension until I figure out how I want to build this. Everything is stock right now.

Thanks
Mike
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On stock SAS Bilsteins you’ll lose about 1/2 to 3/4” with the winch/plate & skids.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No a body lift won't help at all with ground clearance. And if your front sags from the winch it obviously won't help with that either.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You’ll gain 1” of clearance between body and frame. Nothing else.

When you add weight to the vehicle, the suspension collapses a little bit. Add weight to just one end (e.g. a trailer in the rear or heavy winch bumper in the front), now just that end will collapse a little bit. Suspension is connected to the frame - not the body of the vehicle.

Since the body lift is just putting a spacer between frame and body - this does NOTHING to lift the suspension itself. If the weight you add causes you to lose 1” of height on only one end of the vehicle, then a body lift will restore that lost height all the way around. So you’ll be 1“ higher in the front (what you want)….and also in the rear - not what you want because you’ll still be lower in the front than the rear.

In theory….somebody could design a body lift that was higher in the front than in the rear. But remember your body is a rigid also just like your frame (not flexible) - so if you want to slant it like that, the body lift kit would need to be variable sized. e.g. 1” up front, .75” near the front, .5” in the middle…down to 0” at the very rear mounts.

To my knowledge - nobody has EVER made a lift like this for any vehicle.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Put the billstien 5100s on it and they have hieght adjustments as well which will allow you to level the vehicle as well (2inch front, 1 1/2) back.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what I'm talking about but I hear that springs are what you're supposed to upgrade in this case.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what I'm talking about but I hear that springs are what you're supposed to upgrade in this case.
Put the billstien 5100s on it and they have hieght adjustments as well which will allow you to level the vehicle as well (2inch front, 1 1/2) back.

I am waiting on doing any lift or suspension upgrades until I figure out which way I am going to build.

Thanks

Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for all of you:

I just had a winch installed. The installer took a measurement prior to installing it so that we can see how much the nose sunk with the additional weight.

He said to come back in 6 weeks or so to take another measurement and talk about having different springs installed.

Is it normal to wait that long?

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for all of you:

I just had a winch installed. The installer took a measurement prior to installing it so that we can see how much the nose sunk with the additional weight.

He said to come back in 6 weeks or so to take another measurement and talk about having different springs installed.

Is it normal to wait that long?
Well, as some random guy on the internet who's never met you or your installer and don't now what was installed, I CLEARLY know way more than your installer and will tell you:

Do what he says.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as some random guy on the internet who's never met you or your installer and don't now what was installed, I CLEARLY know way more than your installer and will tell you:

Do what he says.
What was the amount of time between when you had your winch installed and when you installed the SumoSprings coil spacers?