Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Long story short: My mustang (09GTcs) is on its last legs - engine and trans are great but everything else seems to be falling apart. At ~140k mi I'd be lucky to get a couple grand at trade in. My reservation is a Week 2 at one of the below invoice dealers so I feel like there's no way I'm getting one in 2021, and I don't see the stang lasting until 2022.

If shit hits the fan what should I do? Thousands in repairs seems like throwing money away. Unless they tell me I'm a MY23 in May a lease would be out of the question.

What could I pick up to DD until my Bronco comes and lose the least $ on?
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Toyota Corolla. Buy one around the 10k mark and it will lose very little value after a year or two.

I bought mine for 15k in 2015 and could sell it for 9k today.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If engine and tran is good then what is needed in that thousands of dollar estimate? Best ROI might be a good set of tools and a Haynes manual.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4Runner.

OP
OP
pony2bronco

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If engine and tran is good then what is needed in that thousands of dollar estimate? Best ROI might be a good set of tools and a Haynes manual.
I think most issues are suspension related, also ball joint/motor mounts, and the tires aren't taking me through next winter. Trade in value on KBB is $3k low range (and I don't expect to get any more than that trading in for the Bronco under invoice, plus I have modded it with a CAI and tuner which I'm sure will sink that 3k even lower). I used to do some work on it myself, but I live in an apartment complex now that has a rule against working on cars in your parking spot, and I'm nowhere near the level of expertise for those repairs.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How about a Bronco Sport Base for around $26k...perhaps with a 24 month lease at less than $400 per month?

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never done it but maybe one of those lease swap sites. That way you wouldn't be worried about buying up front and not worry about losing money on the other end (as long as it is in good shape)

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Used Elantra, Corolla, Altima, those cars don't lose that much value, remember the market is inflated right now due to all the free money the government gave, I'd buy anything $10K or below since you won't lose higher than $2k-$3K, now if government keep giving away money, high chances your $10K purchase may worth $12K two years later.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never done it but maybe one of those lease swap sites. That way you wouldn't be worried about buying up front and not worry about losing money on the other end (as long as it is in good shape)
Otherwise anything honda or toyota really. I'm coming out an accord lease right now. According to what carvana says they'll give me for it, I'm walking away with 3k in hand compared to what I owe honda

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
or the OP could just light money on fire
He could, but you canā€™t exactly drive around in burnt moneyšŸ˜. Heā€™s looking for a stop gap to get him through until he can get his Bronco as a late reservation holder Iā€™m not certain your recommendation of buying a Wrangler is going to get him any closer to that goal. Iā€™m not sure of what the 2 year depreciation on a new Wrangler would be, but he would certainly take a big loss with that option as well.
Sponsored