First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
He could, but you can’t exactly drive around in burnt money😁. He’s looking for a stop gap to get him through until he can get his Bronco as a late reservation holder I’m not certain your recommendation of buying a Wrangler is going to get him any closer to that goal. I’m not sure of what the 2 year depreciation on a new Wrangler would be, but he would certainly take a big loss with that option as well.
Wranglers have one of highest resale values of any vehicle on the market.

A lease option has ZERO return on investment.

He asked what had the highest resale value.

That aside $400 a month on a $26k vehicle is just stupid. He could get any number of other vehicles for that price on a lease for under $200 and have more my is his pocket at the end of the term.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, you can lease a Tacoma TRD Off Road for $259 or 4Runner for $329. There is cash down that would be due, but I know someone that was able to lease a 4Runner, pay the whatever it's called, residual maybe, and sell the vehicle for more than they paid. They made a couple grand on a leased 4Runner. Used 4Runners are selling for a couple thousand less than new here, so it ends up costing you a couple hundred bucks a month to drive a new vehicle, as capable as a Bronco, for a couple years.

A Corolla is $189/mo.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anything Toyota. Won’t be cheap to buy, but you’ll get it back. Can’t go wrong with an old Tacoma or 4Runner.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wranglers have one of highest resale values of any vehicle on the market.

A lease option has ZERO return on investment.

He asked what had the highest resale value.

That aside $400 a month on a $26k vehicle is just stupid. He could get any number of other vehicles for that price on a lease for under $200 and have more my is his pocket at the end of the term.
Obviously, that’s not what you would do, and it wouldn’t be my first choice, and I did say “perhaps a lease option” but it works for a lot of people because it prevents them from being upside down due to depreciation when they go to trade in on a new vehicle In a year or two. The Wrangler will lose about 30% value in 5 years, with most of that in the first couple years.....most cars are not investments and if you can tread water a couple years without losing money at the end and have a lower payment for those couple years, that’s not a stupid option for some. It’s just an option for him, not you, and he can take it or leave it......not sure why it got your panties all in a bunch.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Obviously, that’s not what you would do, and it wouldn’t be my first choice, and I did say “perhaps a lease option” but it works for a lot of people because it prevents them from being upside down due to depreciation when they go to trade in on a new vehicle In a year or two. The Wrangler will lose about 30% value in 5 years, with most of that in the first couple years.....most cars are not investments and if you can tread water a couple years without losing money at the end and have a lower payment for those couple years, that’s not a stupid option for some. It’s just an option for him, not you, and he can take it or leave it......not sure why it got your panties all in a bunch.
How does it feel to be so confident and so wrong at the same time?

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone said panties. 👙

Last edited:

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does it feel to be so confident and so wrong at the same time?
I must humbly admit the suggestions others made regarding buying already depreciated /used Toyota 4Runners, or other Toyota’s are much better options or the OP than my suggestion. And a much better option than buying a new Wrangler, or new anything else probably. I do hate being wrong 😑

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you can lease a Nissan Sentra for around $130 a month, not My favorite ride but could be cheap If leasing is an option

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look in the members selling thread... 2 white broncos in there ... just a thought

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota, Honda and I hear the Jeep Wranglers hold their value well.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Two available options few people consider:

• Lease Take-over. There are people shopping their leases towards the end of them that have a few months left but have already gotten into something new/different. There are sites that facilitate this. Just be sure they are on the hook for however much mileage is on the car when you take over.
    • Have had some friends do lease take-overs and it worked out well.
  • Monthly car rental from a car-rental shop such as Hertz or Enterprise.
    • They were hit HARD from lost revenue during covid and you can negotiate a monthlong or month-to-month car rental from them which won't be cheaper than a $189/mo lease, but is has zero liability and zero overhead. Simply hand the car back at the end of the month you get your Bronco. There is some value in that.
    • A friend is currently on a $350 a month unlimited mileage rental while his employer gets a new fleet vehicle to assign him. He's putting about 5,000 miles a month on the Hertz rental so it's a great deal in terms of out-of-pocket expenses.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just about anything Toyota/Lexus . I bought a Lexus gx470 when my son crashed one of our cars and from what I’ve seen the values are getting stronger because 4runner prices are stupid high right now.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I don’t have any personal experience with that situation, but I’m told it happens. 😂
EVERYONE picks a wedge at some point in their life.
Sponsored