First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't necessarily disagree with you, I've seen the grumblings on the Tesla subreddit about repairs.

My question for the automakers is pretty simple though; why assume Tesla is going to fail? Shouldn't it be prepare for the worst, hope for the best? If I'm Ford corporate, I'm looking at Tesla as the fucking nuclear apocalypse and we better get our shit together. Even if Tesla fails, you still come out ahead. Which it seems they are since electric escape is coming/ along with Mach E. And Electric F-150 today too.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tesla's hype revolves around it potentially being "the next big thing". No certainty at all that it will be.

But consider that today 5 companies account for 20% of the market capitalization in the Fortune 500. That's 5 companies out of 500 accounting for 20% of total value.

Don't confuse investors with consumers. Consumers buy "today"...investors buy "tomorrow". I'm buying a Bronco...I only wish it was "today".

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wasnt even thinking about the service side of it. Guys like rich rebuilds are hilarious to watch. He definitely has a love-hate relationship with tesla lol. Thats something they need to work on for sure. But I do understand the liability
I don't necessarily disagree with you, I've seen the grumblings on the Tesla subreddit about repairs.

My question for the automakers is pretty simple though; why assume Tesla is going to fail? Shouldn't it be prepare for the worst, hope for the best? If I'm Ford corporate, I'm looking at Tesla as the fucking nuclear apocalypse and we better get our shit together. Even if Tesla fails, you still come out ahead. Which it seems they are since electric escape is coming/ along with Mach E. And Electric F-150 today too.
I don't assume they are going to fail, I'm just in the camp in the middle where things are looking kinda shaky for the foreseeable future. The stock jump definitely boost them up quite a bit. They have a tough road ahead. Gotta remember that a large portion of consumers can't afford a tasla. Not to mention, availability is difficult in lots of areas. I think the mach-e and electric f150 will help tesla. It will help infrastructure advances, meaning charging stations being built, happen. I actually want tesla to succeed, like I said before. Competition is good for consumers. It wasn't until recently that the big 3 even took tesla seriously.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you do realize the amount of cars being produced at the Fremont factory is substantially higher than the previous GM/toyota venture ever produced? there are limitations on what can be done on a given piece or property...they had to buy neighboring properties just to park employee cars and for storage of produced cars. In fact they took over two neighboring warehouses for new vehicle storage.

again if you want to talk quality I'd love to get into the weeds. having had a Tesla at my disposal for 3 years, a small fleet of coworkers with them, countless friends that work at Tesla and them being a former customer of mine I'm pretty well versed in Tesla quality and reputation.

Sure they've had quality issues and there was a period where service was hell due to parts supply but customers were supplied loaners if the vehicle had drive line issues. Hell speaking of parts issues Ford doesn't even know how to order or replace the damn stripped lic plate insert on my expedition....thats something they should have sitting in the warehouse!! or let's talk about, paint bubbles, over spray, rattles, panel gaps, sagging bumpers...I could go on but I digress.

oh and sprinters, had a small fleet of those as well virtually zero issues, that said they have since been replaced with transits and we love them.

it's not easy mass producing a car and I can't think of another manufacture not supported by the conglomerates that's been successful. name me a startup company that didn't have similar issues early on and I'll become their biggest investor..

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have one thing to say, my wifes 2016 explorer has paint bubbles on the leading edge of the hood. I've heard ford wont cover it 90% of the time. Is this an issue you have had to contend with at your dealership? Other than that, its a great vehicle.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the over spray issues have been on 350s but I've already seen it on the 500 as well. Its like they didn't adjust for different panels vs base mustang models. That said every ford I've bought in the last ten years has some sort of paint issues...full disclosure I ran a detail shop back in the day so I know my way around paint pretty well.

Panel gaps and sagging bumper - go look on mustang 6g you'll find countless threads. Out of 20 or so 350 owners I know not one is without some sort of issue unless you have extremely low expectations/tolerance level.

I only see about 15 new vehicles a month so my sample size is pretty small...

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long time lurker. Love the input, insight, and hypothesis that generate from this forum. That being said, this thread makes me think of one movie scene when it comes to adding what people want on the Bronco...

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we see some more mules in the next two weeks. Either a 2 door non-frankenranger or more 4 door photos that have less camo or that show us the interior. This is all just a wild guess
Called it! :handsinair:
Sponsored