Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't normally rant, however I would have bet money on Ford having a superbowl teaser commercial for the bronco. Now if everything about Ford going belly up is true, that would suck but also explain them not spending 11 million for 60 seconds. I don't actually think Ford will go belly up but crazier things have happened. Well, maybe we will get a Monday Bronco leak.....
It really is shocking they didn't...

It's shocking that they didn't take more time to develop and TEST Bronco R before the baja 1000. Especially after years and years And years of waiting but didn't test drive the R that much, it's like Ford rushed it last second. Signs of bad planning. And they supposedly have an "unlimited" budget for Bronco.... So even more so they should have had enough funds to test it out everywhere first. Time was one resource they didn't use.

However I have followed the stock market for many years, and majored in finance. I don't see Ford going bankrupt. Only if every other car company goes bankrupt too due to a recession.
Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really is shocking they didn't...

It's shocking that they didn't take more time to develop and TEST Bronco R before the baja 1000. Especially after years and years And years of waiting but didn't test drive the R that much, it's like Ford rushed it last second. Signs of bad planning. And they supposedly have an "unlimited" budget for Bronco.... So even more so they should have had enough funds to test it out everywhere first. Time was one resource they didn't use.

However I have followed the stock market for many years, and majored in finance. I don't see Ford going bankrupt. Only if every other car company goes bankrupt too due to a recession.
asking for a friend, have you been to Baja or followed the R?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we see some more mules in the next two weeks. Either a 2 door non-frankenranger or more 4 door photos that have less camo or that show us the interior. This is all just a wild guess

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty funny we see the electric hummer before bronco. Hopefully the secrecy and wait is worth it.
I'm sure that's only when they're showing it, and I don't think it'll be out for a while.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm buying a Bronco...but I think 'greatest thing since sliced bread' has just been redefined:
  • Tesla’s market value deserves to be twice the combined value of General Motors and Ford, CNBC’s Jim Cramer said before Tuesday’s Wall Street open.
  • Shortly after the open, it almost got there.
  • Tesla opened at nearly $883 per share, and then raced to an all-time intraday high of $940, hitting a market cap of about $165 billion.
  • The combined market cap of GM and Ford after Tuesday’s open was about $85 billion.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
People have been claiming Tesla’s demise is nigh for 10+ years. I don’t buy it anymore, and I don’t think ford corporate is taking them lightly either. I think they are terrified hence the MachE.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

asking for a friend, have you been to Baja or followed the R?
No I haven't, I've never raced either, and I'm sure that race is much more difficult than I can imagine. But:

https://www.trucks.com/2019/12/16/hits-and-misses-ford-bronco-r-prototype-baja-1000/

"Time was not a friend to the Bronco R.

The build of the Bronco R prototype began as a skunkworks’ project in June with a team from Ford Performance, Geiser Bros Design and Development and Baja 1000 Trophy Truck champion Cameron Steele. The challenge for this triumvirate was to construct a race truck in five months that would honor the 50th anniversary of off-road racing legend Rod Hall’s win in a Bronco in the 1969 Baja 1000. It meant using swift decision-making to take the start on Nov. 22.

That was an ambitious time table. And it turned out that Ford needed more time and evaluation to meld the stock and aftermarket parts of the purpose-built, roll-caged race truck. During pre-race testing, it was clear that the Bronco’s race components needed adjustment. High-speed pre-runs pointed out the need to replace electrical wiring and to correct issues with the cooling system and fuses.

Fixes were made in dirt parking areas along the Mexican peninsula in Valle de la Trinidad, near sections of the Baja racecourse that the team was running, and under tents at a make-shift workshop set up near the race-course start at the La Pinta Hotel, in Ensenada. Ford had less than 1,000 miles of testing prior to the Bronco R’s start of the 800.5-mile-long race."

I'm just saying that this doesn't feel like solid project planning to me, to rush it that much. Hopefully they don't rush production also.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am intrigued, mainly because tesla stock skyrocketed. But once 2020 sales figures start trickling out. I have a feeling elon might be a little worried. I've maintained for a while that Musk is building the company to sell it. That is what he does. He was just waiting to squeeze just that little bit more out of it. Now might be his best opportunity. Go knocking on one of the big 4(Ford, GM, FCA, VW) doors. Without this subsidy, I can see sales dropping drastically.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am intrigued, mainly because tesla stock skyrocketed. But once 2020 sales figures start trickling out. I have a feeling elon might be a little worried. I've maintained for a while that Musk is building the company to sell it. That is what he does. He was just waiting to squeeze just that little bit more out of it. Now might be his best opportunity. Go knocking on one of the big 4(Ford, GM, FCA, VW) doors. Without this subsidy, I can see sales dropping drastically.
The big 4 couldn't afford it.

Maybe Amazon or Apple lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anything Tesla would buy one of the Big 4. The assets they now have are absolutely absurd, and if they keep moving timelines up and bring the Cybertruck to market they are going to absolutely fucking print money. Just figuring out if a stainless steel vehicle is as cheap and viable as they claim could put them so far ahead of the automakers it’s absurd.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anything Tesla would buy one of the Big 4. The assets they now have are absolutely absurd, and if they keep moving timelines up and bring the Cybertruck to market they are going to absolutely fucking print money. Just figuring out if a stainless steel vehicle is as cheap and viable as they claim could put them so far ahead of the automakers it’s absurd.
My $$$'s on Government Motors
Sponsored