Sponsored

What's your tipping point?

What's your tipping point?

• Another year goes by without a build date.

• I can get a great deal on my second choice vehicle.

• My dealer continues to be clueless and unresponsive.

• More quality/technical issues continue to be reported here.

• One more meaningless "Stay Pumped" message.

• I bleed Ford blue and shit blue ovals... I'm waiting until I die.

• I've already canceled my reservation.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently have a pretty reliable car that I'm going to sell when my Bronco comes in (2012 VW CC w/ @90,000 miles). I mainly use it to drive to/from airport.

The Bronco is the *only* vehicle that I want and I plan on keeping it until I run it into the ground. There are only a couple things I can think of that would make me look for something else:

(1) My current car dies (even though I don't drive it much as a family we do need two vehicles). Fortunately my car seems to be running fine/strong. But if it absolutely fell apart I'd need to look for something else

(2) The Bronco, despite current reviews, ends up being a rolling shitbox. For reference - one of my buddies had a Ferrari (I know totally different type of vehicle but still...) and it spent half its life at the dealership. I recently sold my '68 Impala to make room in the garage for the Bronco...and as most people with a classic know they require work. I want to get into my Bronco, push the start button, and have the damn thing start. So...if it comes out that it's totally unreliable (and it's not just "new model" kinks but an actual piece of unreliable crap like an old Jag out of warranty) I'd have to look for something else.

That'd be pretty upsetting though. It's the only vehicle I've been excited by in a really long time and to me all the other on/offroad vehicles just look...meh
Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Stay Pumped!

OP
OP
Brongo

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My tipping point is standing on one leg and not having anything to hold onto - That’ll likely have me falling over.
"Dad, stop it, you're not funny!" :p

For my Bronco, I dunno… I am VERY impatient when it comes to vehicles. I usually buy new, and it’s usually off the lot and done deal within a day or two. This “factory order” component is new to me, and then factor in this dumpster fire launch, and it’s eating away at me.
Same here. I'm way too impatient to handle this much longer.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is basically a race between Ford and my current car. If something happens, I don't really have a choice.

Or Subaru will be announcing the new WRX in September. I might just reserve an STI and see which one comes first.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am holding firm at the moment, I would consider ordering a Rubicon Xtreme Recon if it was available in a 2 door, but it's not. I am not a "FORD" guy, I bought my first Ford in 30 years last year when I purchased my Explorer ST. I still own a 2005 Jeep LJ that I want to replace the Bronco with. If I get notice that MY23 still won't happen for the MOD top, than I will probably will reconsider.

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a day 2 res. If by December I still don't have a build date I will set this aside. I wont cancel bc I don't care about getting $100 back. But I will stop thinking about it.

"Problem" is.... There's nothing else out there that I really want. So the only way I abandon the Bronco all together is if something comes out that I love and then I would say peace out to the Bronco. I just have not seen or heard of anything that would at this time.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sometime next year I might start pushing the wife to think about moving on.

I am getting tired of working on her car and at this rate assuming we get it early next year it will be crowding 300k miles.

We are a November reservation so that is about when I was planning on getting it when we reserved/ordered... with the hope of maybe getting it earlier since it is a fairly basic build.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a second choice, nothing exists. The only thing that will stop the Bronco train is my dealer screwing me, so I hope they stay honest.

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 Silverado, ‘97 Wrangler, ‘65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do have an early reservation, well, early on Halloween. My tipping point would be if I die or if another better manual transmission 4x4 truck or utility vehicle becomes available. I’m expecting the Bronco to show up first. 😎

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of us with early reservations that still don't have a build date:
What would it take for you to just say, "Ahh screw this. I'm over the Bronco".
I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't NEED to replace my current ride...not a quitter, I'm all in.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am waiting till they are on the lots. That day will come. It will take a year or two and then some of the bugs will be out and some of it refined. For now, this forum is fun to watch.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a second choice, nothing exists. The only thing that will stop the Bronco train is my dealer screwing me, so I hope they stay honest.
I hope they at least buy you dinner and a drink…
Sponsored