Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer told me FE owners get a secret decoder ring that only other FE owners would recognize.
Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would I do that I work for Ford? I wouldn’t buy that trash. Lol gtfo.
Well you said you’d throw money away. Figured you’d throw it away on something better than a Ford 🤣🤣 gtfoh

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has definitely been some bumps in the road, but I'm still all in on purchasing my two First Editions. As far as the the Black MOD top is concerned I did the math and purchasing a Black MOD top in 2022 isn't that bad. Saving $1895 (Difference between two hard tops), $495 (Headliner Credit), $1000 (Credit value in Ford Points) and $700 (Selling Gray MIC Top). Totals $4090. I'm guessing a Black MOD Hardtop from over the counter will cost around $4000. Problem solved. I just have to wait a few months to order a Black MOD top, but in the mean time I'll be cruising around in my FE's.
I'll be impressed if you can get $700 for a used MIC Top. Best of luck, I'm thinking if you could sell it before next spring.... maybe

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll be impressed if you can get $700 for a used MIC Top. Best of luck, I'm thinking if you could sell it before next spring.... maybe
I was thinking as a $695 upgrade it should bring at least that. I sold my in the box Wrangler Softtop for $1500 a couple years ago. Or it would make one heck of a dog house for my dog. Especially when he thinks he owns my couch 😆
Ford Bronco What's the point of First Editions? 20210314_150929

Last edited:
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram/Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I share your view that that the FE has the best interior! Black interior with lightning blue paint is the way to go! If anyone doesn't want their FE PM me :) I'd love to get an FE with that combo.
There has definitely been some bumps in the road, but I'm still all in on purchasing my two First Editions. As far as the the Black MOD top is concerned I did the math and purchasing a Black MOD top in 2022 isn't that bad. Saving $1895 (Difference between two hard tops), $495 (Headliner Credit), $1000 (Credit value in Ford Points) and $700 (Selling Gray MIC Top). Totals $4090. I'm guessing a Black MOD Hardtop from over the counter will cost around $4000. Problem solved. I just have to wait a few months to order a Black MOD top, but in the mean time I'll be cruising around in my FE's.
The email I received said no dual top option. Not sure if that means just no painted top/soft top combo or all dual top options. Anyone know if you can still get the MIC and soft top with FE?

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The email I received said no dual top option. Not sure if that means just no painted top/soft top combo or all dual top options. Anyone know if you can still get the MIC and soft top with FE?
No. MIC top only. This is one of the reasons FE Res holders are not happy. It would have went a long way with me if ford basically wouldn't have said the MIC top is the ONLY option you have , take it or leave it and offered the soft top.. Really left me with feeling Super special (sarcasm).

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram/Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No. MIC top only. This is one of the reasons FE Res holders are not happy. It would have went a long way with me if ford basically wouldn't have said the MIC top is the ONLY option you have , take it or leave it and offered the soft top.. Really left me with feeling Super special (sarcasm).
So you can get a MIC top with a soft top as an option on other trim levels but now that they can’t get their shit together and deliver the FE with the Modular top we lose the dual MIC/soft top option as well? That makes absolutely no sense! Who’s steering the ship? I’m wondering if that email was a little too vague and they aren’t implying that the dual MIC/Soft top option is off the table .

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The point is only 7000 people will own one. 🤣
Not anymore. Ford isnt building 7,000 due to cancellations and changes in trim choices by FE reservation holders. There weren't 7,000 orders. So, even more exclusive. The decoder rings aren't coming painted anymore now either.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not anymore. Ford isnt building 7,000 due to cancellations and changes in trim choices by FE reservation holders. There weren't 7,000 orders. So, even more exclusive. The decoder rings aren't coming painted anymore now either.
Get a can of spray paint. 😁

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So you can get a MIC top with a soft top as an option on other trim levels but now that they can’t get their shit together and deliver the FE with the Modular top we lose the dual MIC/soft top option as well? That makes absolutely no sense! Who’s steering the ship? I’m wondering if that email was a little too vague and they aren’t implying that the dual MIC/Soft top option is off the table .
I specifically asked my dealership and called Ford and they both had the same response, MIC only. I do not understand why they would do that to their FE reservation holders but they are. I also told the person at Ford that I wanted to speak with a manager and all they said they could do for me is put in an "escalation" for me and that I should be getting a email or phone call from a higher up. If enough FE holders call and complain we may get some sort of a solution. Not holding my breath but it's worth a try.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a friend that flew cross country into a snowstorm to buy #628 of 650 1982 Jeep Jamborees. Painted white, maybe one of only 5-10 in that color. Maybe 50 total confirmed Jambos still exist.

Numbering is important, and there is a bet on future collectibility just like you said. Will the VINs even be sequential?

Who among us wants a garage queen might be a better question. I've already got one, I want something I can get dirty and not wash, ever.
I have no problem destroying a First Edition Bronco. I mean, I'm not setting out with the intent to destroy it, but I plan to put it through my special brand of durability testing.

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am struggling with keeping my FE with the lack of anything that makes the trim unique. What is the point of getting a first edition when I can spec a badlands in a copy cat FE build and its ~$3k less?

4-door First edition ~$64k (includes destination and fees)
4-door Badlands w/ sasquatch, MIC top, leather, 2.7L, 10-speed, luxe package ~$61k (includes destination and fees)
I almost switched to a Badlands trim, but glad I stuck with FE.

The FE is a unique limited run, not trying to say it will be worth more money over time, but it does have a good amount of items included and not included on Badlands, but missing the floor drain plugs ;-( The black grill, mirror caps plus wheels look great with cactus gray! I have received more positive feedback about the color than anything!! I have a good number of Jeep owner friends just drooling over this thing.

Personally I don't like the Badlands orange accents all over the place, plus stitching on seats, I'm glad I stuck with FE, I'm now tempted by the Raptor, crazy!

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I almost switched to a Badlands trim, but glad I stuck with FE.

The FE is a unique limited run, not trying to say it will be worth more money over time, but it does have a good amount of items included and not included on Badlands, but missing the floor drain plugs ;-( The black grill, mirror caps plus wheels look great with cactus gray! I have received more positive feedback about the color than anything!! I have a good number of Jeep owner friends just drooling over this thing.

Personally I don't like the Badlands orange accents all over the place, plus stitching on seats, I'm glad I stuck with FE, I'm now tempted by the Raptor, crazy!
That decision aged well based off the craze for that trim.
Sponsored